State Visit from Portugal to Sweden: October 1-3, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

julliette

Heir Presumptive
City
Lisbon
Country
Portugal
Strange that neither the swedish government, nor the royal court has announced anything yet about the incoming state visit. Maybe they'll do it during next week

I thought that a State visit would take place those days because of the closing schedule at the Royal Palace. But a incoming State visit is often announced at least two months before it takes place.

Well, I too found it weird that nothing was announced by the swedish court yet. But the news come from the official website of the president not some newspaper or alike and thus I think it's reliable.

From the website of the swedish government
Preliminary program

Tuesday, October 1
The Crown princess couple welcomes the Presidential couple at the Arlanda Airport in the afternoon.
The state visit begins with a procession from the Royal Mews, the welcome ceremony at the Royal Palace and a private meeting with the royal couple, Crown princess couple and Prince Carl Philip.
The president meets later in the afternoon Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt for talks, followed by a press conference.
In the evening the royal couple gives a gala dinner for the President and his wife at the Royal Palace. The Crown princess couple and Prince Carl Philip attend.

Wednesday, October 2
Wednesday begins with meeting with the Speaker of Parliament Per Westerberg.
After that the president and the king attend at a Business Forum on Industry and Commerce building.
The program continues at Stockholm City Hall with a Swedish-Portuguese production meeting in the field of fashion and design. It starts with a presentation of innovative products in textiles to the presidential couple and the royal couple.
The City of Stockholm offers lunch in City Hall, Council President Margareta Björk and Mayor Sten Nordin as hosts. The presidential couple, the royal couple and the Crown Princess couple attend at the lunch.
In the afternoon the presidential couple and the royal couple visit Ericsson Studio in Kista.
In the evening the President and his wife host a reception.

Thursday, October 3
The Presidential couple, the Crown princess couple and the Minister for Public Administration and Housing Stefan Atterfall arrive together at Sturup Airport on Thursday morning. They met with the Governor of Skåne, Margaret Palsson and her husband.
The program begins in Skåne in Lund with a visit to the Ideon Gateway. There the presidential couple and the Crown princess couple get an insight into how to build a brand new district for world-leading research and innovation.
In Malmö the Presidential couple, Crown Princess Couple and the Minister visit Turning Torso, where they meet the chairman of the City Council in Malmö Kent Andersson. A presentation on Malmö's development from heavy industrial city to a modern city of knowledge takes place.
The state visit ends early afternoon in the governor's residence in Malmö where the Crown princess couple bids farewell to the presidential couple.

Statsbesök från Portugal 1-3 oktober 2013
Translation

Last edited:
it seems that the crown princess couple will have a big part in this state vsist
that is something new

It is quite unusual that a State visit begins in the afternoon, and not in the morning.

Last edited:
The program of the visit from the website of the President of Portugal

Tuesday 1st October
14:15 Arrival to Stockholm
15:05 Official Welcoming Ceremony
16:50 The President meets the Prime Minister of Sweden, Fredrik Reinfeldt
- Statements to the press
20:00 Banquet hosted by the King and Queen in honor of the President of the Portuguese Republic and Mrs. Cavaco Silva
- Statement of the President
- Speech of the King of Sweden

Wednesday 2nd October
09:30 The President meets the Speaker of the Parliament, Per Westerberg
10:55 The President and the King attend at a Business Forum
12:30 The President, Mrs. Cavaco Silva and the King and Queen visit a production meeting in the field of fashion and design between Portugal and Sweden at the Stockholm City Hall
13:00 Lunch hosted by the City of Stockholm
15:10 Visit to Kista - Presentation of various projects in the Swedish innovation and possibilities of cooperation with Portugal
18:30 Reception hosted by the President and Mrs. Cavaco Silva in honor of the King and Queen
19:50 Reception in honor of the Portuguese Community

Thursday 3rd October
09:30 Farewell ceremony with the King and Queen
11:15 The President, Mrs. Cavaco Silva, Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel arrive to Malmö
11:45 Visit at the Ideon Gateway for presentation Region Brunnshög and projects (Ideon Science Park, Max Lab IV and European Spallation Source) in the area of ​​research and development in Lund
12:50 Visit at the Turning Torso
13:35 Farewell greetings of the President of the Republic and Mrs. Cavaco Silva and the Crown Princess Couple
Visita de Estado do Presidente da República à Suécia 1 a 3 de outubro AGENDA - PRESIDENCIA.PT

Last edited:
I often like Victorias hats but his one nooooooo......

Are there any photo's yet from the state dinner?

It looks as though Prince Carl Phillip and Prince Daniel are wearing the order of the sword around the neck, just like the King, wasn't this order made dormant in the 70's?? or has it been reinstated and we (or at least i) haven't heard of the announcement yet?

Crown Princess Victoria wearing my least favourite Swedish Tiara.

thanks for the link, so according to the website its dormant, just as i thought,......so any ideas as to what the order around TRH's neck is? i dont think its a Portuguese order, wouldn't Victoria be wearing the female equivalent of it, as she usually does when receiving the 2nd class of an order
and if one looks at these two photos carefully, one would notice the neck orders the king and the princes are wearing are identical:
http://bildarkiv.iblbildbyra.se/fot...F8A0D38B6C7D14E5D7960589ACB727E3E70F262249E53
and
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/King+Carl+Gustaf+XVI+Nobel+Peace+Prize+Ceremony+BWhV8p1Sbbfx.jpg

Last edited:
It looks as though Prince Carl Phillip and Prince Daniel are wearing the order of the sword around the neck, just like the King, wasn't this order made dormant in the 70's?? or has it been reinstated and we (or at least i) haven't heard of the announcement yet?

I would say that it is the order of the Polar star, in old ribbon used before the change in the 70's. This is the same ribbon as the King wears his Order of the Polar star when he wears white tie. The order of the Sword has a yellow ribbon with blue stripes, the King wore it with the uniform at the welcoming ceremony.

I would say that it is the order of the Polar star, in old ribbon used before the change in the 70's. This is the same ribbon as the King wears his Order of the Polar star when he wears white tie. The order of the Sword has a yellow ribbon with blue stripes, the King wore it with the uniform at the welcoming ceremony.
thanks for your reply :)...but isnt this the order of the polar star?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/84/Christopher_O’Neill-4.jpg
and if they did change the colour of the sash wouldnt the first lady be wearing a black sash aswell. (tonight she's wearing the blue and yellow version)
Ogiltiga parametrar

thanks for your reply :)...but isnt this the order of the polar star?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/84/Christopher_O’Neill-4.jpg
and if they did change the colour of the sash wouldnt the first lady be wearing a black sash aswell. (tonight she's wearing the blue and yellow version)
Ogiltiga parametrar

The king can wear the Order of the Polar Star with black ribbon, because he got it before 1975. But that doesn't suit to Carl Philip and Daniel. Maybe the court informs about the orders of Carl Philip and Daniel on their website (one can always hope that).

Some photos of Victoria today at the airport
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010100011U13806581242263527
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010100021U13806581242263527
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010100031U13806581242263527
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010100041U13806581242263527

Last edited:
thanks for the link, so according to the website its dormant, just as i thought,......so any ideas as to what the order around TRH's neck is? i dont think its a Portuguese order, wouldn't Victoria be wearing the female equivalent of it, as she usually does when receiving the 2nd class of an order
and if one looks at these two photos carefully, one would notice the neck orders the king and the princes are wearing are identical:
Ogiltiga parametrar
and
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/King+Carl+Gustaf+XVI+Nobel+Peace+Prize+Ceremony+BWhV8p1Sbbfx.jpg

First link doesn't work for me but from your Zimbio link I think that His Majesty is wearing the The Order of the Polar Star,though I maybe wrong.

Should the Swedes not be wearing Portuguese orders and the Portuguese wearing Swedish orders?

Should the Swedes not be wearing Portuguese orders and the Portuguese wearing Swedish orders?

It is difficult to wear a Portuguese order if you haven't got one. Maybe the president of Portugal didn't give orders to Victoria, Daniel and Carl Philip.

Last edited:
Everyone looks great. It will be great when Prince Carl Philip gets engaged, married and is able to attend these important events with his wife. He always manage to look like the third wheel at these events, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom