The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-15-2005, 06:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Here are some pictures from the Gala Banquet at the Royal Palace last night. Princess Madeleine did indeed wear the six button tiara, but it looks to big on her I would say... And all outfits were recycled too. The pictures are from Svenska Dagbladet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	{F0B370C7-EA95-46E1-9B2B-58F2023DFDEE}.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	197664  
Attached Images

Old 09-15-2005, 06:40 AM
Majesty

but i do think the tiara looks better on madeleine then it did on silvia

Old 09-15-2005, 07:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Here are some pictures from the arrival at the Royal Palace and the following welcoming ceremony yesterday. From the Defence.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	197665   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	197666   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	197667   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	197668  

Old 09-15-2005, 08:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Here are various pics from the gala (from Fotomarktplatz)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	a1.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	197670   Click image for larger version

Name:	a2.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	197671   Click image for larger version

Name:	a3.jpg
Views:	731
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	197672   Click image for larger version

Name:	a4.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	197673  

Name:	a5.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	197674  
Old 09-15-2005, 08:08 AM
Majesty

a new necklace for madeleine also
Old 09-15-2005, 08:28 AM
Aristocracy

Victoria and Madeleine are both wearing my favorite dresses. I absolutely love Madeleine's dress. I think it compliments her skin color perfectly. At first I thought the tiara was a little big, but I think it's just because we're not used to seeing her in larger tiaras. This was the first time I've seen a picture where I thought she looked like Silvia.

I love Victoria's dress also. That's the dress she wore for the Vanity Fair 'young royals' issue, I believe. And that's my favorite tiara on her too. She looked amazing. Boy what a night for the Swedish princesses!
Old 09-15-2005, 10:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

It's not the same dress as in the VF photo but its pretty easy to confuse the two. she wears the same tiara. but the VF dress is sleeveless and has a more pinkish color. both dresses havethe same style trein.

the color of this dress looks very good on her but the dress looks too stiff to me. its probably very uncomfortable.

Madeleine gets high marks for wonderful makeup and hair but couldnt the court jewelers have found a way to lower that tiara a little so that it would be "in" her hair rather than "on" it? (it seems to be lower on this old foto of Lilian)

the six button tiara has more symmetry than its four button counterpart but it still escapes me why swedish royal ladies seem to like them so much.

I realize the button tiaras are historic but wearing at least one them at almost every formal event isn't required (once a year is plenty of homage)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	10985474_1.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	197682  
Old 09-15-2005, 10:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.sr.se/cgi-bin/Internation...artikel=693126

Malaysian State Visit Continues
Old 09-16-2005, 03:27 AM
Serene Highness

Why we can see so few pictures from the state visit. All the agency I search don't have pictures? I haven't find pictures from first day afternoon walk at Gamla stan, boat trip also from yesterday (only one pic from royalcourt) Gripsholm, Lunch and Gala at Grand Hotel. I am very disappointed.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:58 AM
Courtier

someone needs to give a new dress to Madeleine she uses the same thing all the time... lordddddd =/
Old 09-16-2005, 04:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula**
someone needs to give a new dress to Madeleine she uses the same thing all the time... lordddddd =/
I┤m agreeing. I wonder, what happened to the dress, she couldn┤t wear to the Nobel prize award in 2004, because of her sickness. Does she want to use it for this years NPA???

Various pics from Eastnews
Attached Images

Old 09-16-2005, 04:13 AM
Gentry

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursulajohanna
Why we can see so few pictures from the state visit. All the agency I search don't have pictures? I haven't find pictures from first day afternoon walk at Gamla stan, boat trip also from yesterday (only one pic from royalcourt) Gripsholm, Lunch and Gala at Grand Hotel. I am very disappointed.
That is exactly what I was thinking. Why are there only such a few pictures from the Malaysian State Visit? I was thinking about the Norwegian visit a few weeks ago. Then we got to see so many pictures. Think about Victoria welcoming the Royal guests. Lots of pics from different angles. And now there are almost no pictures. I can't believe that there is not even one pic from yesterday.
Can someone explain this to me, please?
Old 09-16-2005, 04:14 AM
Heir Apparent

More pics from Eastnews:
Attached Images

Old 09-16-2005, 04:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Victorial looks very beautiful as always for galas

Im glad Silvia decided to loosen her extremely firm grip on the jewellery box and lend her daughter some new bling, but did she really have to choose the most ugly tiara, this one is even worse than the 4 button tiara (which I already hate) however it works on Princess Lilian because of her senior hairdo.

I see the royals has chosen to do the same as at the Jordanian visit to cover themselves more than usual for the gala, Infact I think both Madeleine and Victoria is wearing the same dress as at the jordanian visit.

The last time we saw some new dresses for the swedish royals were Victorias dress for nobel (edit: and australia), since that there has been repeat after repeat. Is Carl Gustaf cutting down the royal clothes budget I wonder, saving for a wedding perhaps

from fotomarktplatz
Attached Images

Old 09-16-2005, 04:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanneSNS
That is exactly what I was thinking. Why are there only such a few pictures from the Malaysian State Visit? I was thinking about the Norwegian visit a few weeks ago. Then we got to see so many pictures. Think about Victoria welcoming the Royal guests. Lots of pics from different angles. And now there are almost no pictures. I can't believe that there is not even one pic from yesterday.
Can someone explain this to me, please?
I┤m not surprised at all.
A state visit among neighbours will always cause more attention.
Besides in the main Royal watching countries (France, Spain, Germany) pictures of two close and known Royal families are easier to sell than pics of state visits with more or less unknown guests.

At least Scanpix seem to have pics from the return dinner (so they are maybe next week in the mags). Victoria wore the orange dress/suit she has worn for the spanish wedding.
Attached Images

Old 09-16-2005, 04:46 AM
Gentry

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
I┤m not surprised at all.
A state visit among neighbours will always cause more attention.
Besides in the main Royal watching countries (France, Spain, Germany) pictures of two close and known Royal families are easier to sell than pics of state visits with more or less unknown guests.
Thank you very much, Lena, for the explanation. It is very much appreciated.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:57 AM
Serene Highness

Lena, thanks for your explanation. But the agencies haven't some(one or two) pictures for selection to sell his customers from each event?
Old 09-16-2005, 06:08 AM
Commoner

Who is the lady in the headgear sitting next to HRH Carl Philip at dinner?
Old 09-16-2005, 07:21 AM
Nobility

Seems like the Queen of Malaysia has not been awarded the highest order of Sweden but Queen Silvia did recieve the highest order of Malaysia. Princess Lilian didnt receive a Malaysian order as well.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:26 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
Victorial looks very beautiful as always for galas

Im glad Silvia decided to loosen her extremely firm grip on the jewellery box and lend her daughter some new bling, but did she really have to choose the most ugly tiara, this one is even worse than the 4 button tiara (which I already hate) however it works on Princess Lilian because of her senior hairdo.

I see the royals has chosen to do the same as at the Jordanian visit to cover themselves more than usual for the gala, Infact I think both Madeleine and Victoria is wearing the same dress as at the jordanian visit.

The last time we saw some new dresses for the swedish royals were Victorias dress for nobel (edit: and australia), since that there has been repeat after repeat. Is Carl Gustaf cutting down the royal clothes budget I wonder, saving for a wedding perhaps

from fotomarktplatz
I quite like the tiara from behind like in the picture posted by Larzen. but it's awful from the front

Tags
carl gustav, crown princess victoria, king carl xvi gustav, malaysia, queen silvia, silvia, state visit, sweden, swedish royalty