State Visit from Jordan to Sweden: October 7-9, 2003

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Question: Is Madeleine wearing the same dress that she wore to Haakon and Mette Marits wedding but with a "sweater" on it? Do you understand how I mean?

Attachments

• post_17_1050436108.jpg
    post_17_1050436108.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 597
No, it´s not the same. The dress at the wedding was more simple...and that´s for me one point...I think her dress looks very nice, but (always a big Lena-but :p ) in recent months/in the last year IMO Madeleine has prefered a style which seems a little bit old-fashioned to me. Yes, I know that it was part of the last fashion seasons to wear clothes with frills and so on..an I´m also aware of the fact that the horrible 80ties-style is coming again...but some outfits which Madeleine wore in the last months reminds me of my grandma´s style...and make her look more tubbier she really is!
But ok, this dress isn´t that worse, but I liked Victoria´s more (but why has Madeleine, which is in the third line a NEW dress and Victoria not. Madeleine has about 5-10 offical duties a year, but has always (exception:yesterday)a new outfit!)

I guess that´s at Ericsson

Pictures 1 & 3 - Polfoto

...and I think the most beautiful dress at tha gala wore Rania, she looked like a roman goddess, but represented also her oriental homeland with the dress!

Attachments

• jord38.jpeg
    jord38.jpeg
    25.9 KB · Views: 334
  • jord39.jpeg
    jord39.jpeg
    18.5 KB · Views: 334
  • jord40.jpeg
    jord40.jpeg
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,061
Last edited by a moderator:
It truly pains me to say this, but I absolutely abhor Madeleine's dress. It's matronly and it makes her look pasty and tired. I realize that the women of the Swedish RF may have been dressing somewhat more conservatively for this state visit but there are ways to dress conservatively without looking like you're 45 (when you're 21)....Rania handles it nicely. ;)

I like Ranias dress but the tiara I´m not so sure about

Will there be a gala dinner tonight?
becouse it only said Dinner in the Swedish program

Their dresses were fine. Princess Victoria and Princess Madeleine were wearing gowns which has very simple designs. But I like their gowns, a sign of simplicity. They also looked gorgeous because of their jewelries.

I don't agree--I think it looks really exotic--it works with her look b/c she's very exotic and beautiful. Jordan in not a rich country also the monarchy is very new--so they don't have a lot of jewels to go around. I wonder if the queen had a new one made w/ cheaper gems.

I like the tiara too, but I think such a tiara is more an exception for a special occasion...and it fits to Rania´s style.
If we take Victoria...in the next decades we will see her quite often in certain tiaras (which we have all seen before-at her mother, on her) and there a little bit change wouldn´t be that bad...but I can´t imagine that she wear such a tiara like Rania at the nobel prize award. Resume: It was a nice and beautiful breaking up and it looked good on Rania...but I hope it won´t become her standard tiara!

Nicole, Jordan may not be a rich country per se, but the royal family is extremely rich. The family, as a whole, has several tiaras.

It should also be noted that although Jordan is a new monarchy, the Hashemites are an acient family descending from the Prophet Mohammed. The present King's great grandfather was the King of the Hejaz.

Sean. ~

Lena 
Posted: Oct 7th, 2003 - 1:00 pm

I love Victoria´s jacket and I´m a little bit disappointed of Rania´s suit...Carl philip needs to pick his eyebrows in the middle of the forehead/at the beginning of the root of the nose (job for Madeleine? )...ah yes Madeleine...Madeleine looks kind of chubby in her outfit...but the great look of her sister today compensates all. And princess Lilian looks really agile for her age.

Let me put my two cents in too ...
- Victoria looks smashing. Have you noticed, hair up or down, Victoria looks like Victoria?

- Rania's suit. Had to put my sunglasses on. Is she promoting clean water?

- Carl Philip pluck his eye-brows? What is it about this plucking? (Hope my nieces don't do that, and then look like every other woman eye-brow wise)

- Madeleine looks different with every hair style. Clothes-wise ... wonder if she blew her budget on all those shoes and watches she is supposed to have bought earlier?

- Princess Lilian ..... I think she is an independent woman who dresses herself, and has a set opinion of what looks 'good' on her.

- the Jordanian King looks improve substantially when he has his military cap on.

- Queen Sylvia and King Carl are a class act.

Actually I´m not a fan of plucking eyebrows, but sometimes those damn hairs grow on parts of the forehead where they shouldn´t ;) and the whole eyebrow is getting out of shape... And in the case of Carl-Philip it looks as if he would just have one long eyebrow but not two...
Yes, Victoria has a very characteristic face...even as baby she looked like a (little) Victoria ;) but Madeleine has changed a lot since her birth, through child-years and teenage years and still now.

Hmmm....yea...Carl Phillip has always annoyed me...he has a unibrau! My stars...it's very odd. He should try waxing. Hahah..waxing. Victoria looked nice.

Victoria and Silvia had interesting sashes. THey looked like the Jordanian flag..at first I thought that Rania and Silvia traded sashes...did they? Did Abdullah and Carl Gustav switch too? Only the king didn't wear a sash...were they new? They looked very non-standard.

Note: Rania's first suit... :yuk:

Now when you say it
The King did not have sash, why was that?
Is this common?

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 357
Originally posted by Josefine@Oct 8th, 2003 - 4:00 pm
Now when you say it
The King did not have sash, why was that?
Is this common?
Instead of a sash he´s got the chain around the shoulders, do you see it? I would think that that´s the male version of the highest grade of the Jordanian order. Prince Carl Philip has only the second best ( the dark green) and then a sash. Queen Silvia and CP Victoria got the highest grade as well but they´re female so they´ve gotten the saches.

To compare; The Danish "Elephant order" also has these chains but then it seems that you are able to choose an ordinary sash with a little elephant at your left hip or a chain with an elephant on it ( both male and female) (take a look in the Danish section; Pr. Alexandra wore a black velvet dress on New Years eve, there the chain is easy to see! Or in "New official portraits" of Pr. Joachim and Pr. Alexandra) During the state vistit to Finland both King C-G and Queen Silvia wore a Finnish order with a chain!

A can´t say I liked Queen Ranias dress at the gala dinner, and not the tiara either, to bad-I was hoping for something really good! Victoria and Silvia always look good but I´m getting spoiled here on LTR with all nice pictures- I WANT MORE all the time! I´m not so fond of Madeleine, (exept some times like on Haakon and MetteMarits wedding when she looked SO pretty!) so I won´t say anything about her! Thanks for all the pictures!!!

Originally posted by Alva@Oct 8th, 2003 - 5:28 pm
but I´m getting spoiled here on LTR with all nice pictures- I WANT MORE all the time!
Yeah, that´s the problem with those Royal boards and photo agencies ;) ...you want to see more and more, always the newest pics, and when a pic is just one week old it´s really, really old for an internet-spoiled Royal-addict. The "worst" thing are the Royal weddings. On such days there are so many pics that your right index finger hurts because you have saved so many pics on your hard disk and posted in Forums...and after the wedding you expect furthermore so much pics :eek:
Yes, being a Royal watcher is really exhausting sometimes...but I´m lovin it :woot:

1) Queen Silvia and Queen Rania at an art school

2) (pix are from imagescandinavia.com )

3)

4) visiting a mosque

5)

Attachments

• jord41.jpeg
    jord41.jpeg
    38.4 KB · Views: 340
  • jord42.jpeg
    jord42.jpeg
    43.1 KB · Views: 368
  • jord43.jpeg
    jord43.jpeg
    44 KB · Views: 309
  • jord44.jpeg
    jord44.jpeg
    47.1 KB · Views: 340
  • jord45.jpeg
    jord45.jpeg
    48.2 KB · Views: 350
With respect to the sashes, one does not wear a sash and chain together. It is one or the other. Hence, this is why the King is only wearing the chain (which is more formal than the sash). Also, Queen Silvia and Crown Princess Victoria are not wearing Jordan's highest order, although King Carl is. The highest order is reserved for sovereigns and the Consort of the Jordanian monarch. Thus Victoria and and Silvia are wearing the 2nd highest honour, while Carl Philip and Princess M. are wearing the 3rd.

Sean.~

here are pictures from the return dinner

Ali looks a bit smitten

IBL

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 347
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 327
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 350
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 460
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 312
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 338
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 376
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 382
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 353
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 319
IBL Pictures

so what is the verdict
`there was no gala dinner
I´m not to found of Victorias dress
I like Ranias dress

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 330
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 303
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 366
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 328
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 336
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 286
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 300
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 376
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 326
I like Rania´s dress. In spite of the "exception" -in form of the terrible suit on her arrival day...she has proven that she´s the "fashion queen"...but she´s amazingly skinny for a woman, who is mother of three children. :eek:
I agree...Victoria´s dress is awful...it looks like a mix of a nightgown and a plastic bag...I hope we will never see it again (at least not at nobel-prize award :unsure: )
It seems as if the return-dinner without tiaras and without Madeleine becomes tradition...at the german state visit they have handled it the same way.

but she´s amazingly skinny for a woman, who is mother of three children
I think Rania looks sickly thin, although it isn´t as bad as it was a year ago,
and its a shame. She is beautiful but imo she would have looked better with some meat on her bones.
I´ve never seen her on tv or irl, but she seems very kind and friendly!
beautiful smile...

(same comment in Middle Eastern Royalty forum)

Queen Rania looks to me, to be out of sorts, on this picture of below.

In her earlier blue outfit, she also appeared to me to be different.
Any rumours going around?

Attachments

• ry_se_jo_oct08_031008_23.jpeg
    ry_se_jo_oct08_031008_23.jpeg
    28.1 KB · Views: 444
Victoria's dress is a bit misshapen for her. The dress sort of looks like a bag that was just put on Victoria and cut to length! She wore such a great lilac dress the first dinner and now this one ... :(

Originally posted by Josefine@Oct 9th, 2003 - 3:29 am

Ali looks a bit smitten
A jordanian prince for Sweden-what a nice idea :rolleyes: Could be great for the better understanding of middle eastern countries and european countries...yes, I know there is already Daniel Westling...but I keep on dreamin´ :innocent: So in my personal ranking for Victoria there´s firstly prince Nicholaos, then Daniel Collert and then Ali...or maybe Ali on the second place, I´m not sure.

Alexandria 
Posted: Oct 9th, 2003 - 11:41 am

Victoria's dress is a bit misshapen for her. The dress sort of looks like a bag that was just put on Victoria and cut to length! She wore such a great lilac dress the first dinner and now this one ...

Ladies !!!!
How would you go around explaining that the "guest of honour" was outdone/outshone by the 'next in line' !!!???!!!!

Really!!!
I thought this informal 'review committee' (ie: this MB) would have known that !!!!

I wonder how intensive/extensive the 'kitchen cabinet' and spy system is at the palace, to ensure that the guest stands forever in the limelight of glory. Comments are requested ????

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 323
Originally posted by Josefine@Oct 9th, 2003 - 12:04 pm
I don´t think I have seen Victoria so covered up before....
What do you mean with "covered up"? The dress from the banquet at Drottningholm on Tuesday didn´t show more skin.
To say something positive about Victoria last night...I think "the Victoria" in the dress looked so great like (almost) never before. We´ve talked about the thing that Victoria looks always like Victoria (in the opposite to Madeleine) but I think she´s getting more beautiful day by day...her face has more "contour" now and doesn´t look anymore like a chubby teenage face or like the emaciated one of an anorexic girl.

Originally posted by Lena
What do you mean with "covered up"? The dress from the banquet at Drottningholm on Tuesday didn´t show more skin.
To say something positive about Victoria last night...I think "the Victoria" in the dress looked so great like (almost) never before. We´ve talked about the thing that Victoria looks always like Victoria (in the opposite to Madeleine) but I think she´s getting more beautiful day by day...her face has more "contour" now and doesn´t look anymore like a chubby teenage face or like the emaciated one of an anorexic girl. [/b]

You are right about that when I took a second look
Maybe because the dress is in one color it feels that it's very covered up

Its to much of a glowing color in this dress..

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 315
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 387
Yes, I know what you mean..it reminds me of a dress for barbie dolls (in every way...the colour, the frills at the end of the dress, the cut...), but maybe Barbie´s dress would have been a little bit sexier ;)

Polfoto 09-10-2003 Nils Tor-Bjoern Nutti shows a reindeer to Jordanian Queen Rania al-Abdullah, her daughter Salma (L), and Swedish Queen Silvia in the Sami village of Jukkasjaervi, outside Kiruna in northern Sweden 09 October 2003. The Jordanian Royals today ended a three-day state visit to Sweeden

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 350
oh so they took Salma with them. How cute =)
What did the royals do in Jukkasjärvi?

Back
Top Bottom