The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-07-2003, 06:10 PM
Courtier

It is the hand of Queen Rania. :flower:

Old 10-07-2003, 07:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you Josefine, Yennie, Lena, Alva and everybody else for all these great pictures and the translations of the events and programs of the Jordanian state visit.

Old 10-07-2003, 08:04 PM
Heir Apparent

From the Glittering Royals Message Board ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sweden_2.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	20005   Click image for larger version

Name:	sweden_1.jpg
Views:	593
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	20006  
Old 10-07-2003, 09:32 PM
Gentry

I love Queen Rania's new tiara! And look at the beautiful flower arrangements! They're very colorful and fun to look at.
Old 10-07-2003, 10:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by AnaM@Oct 7th, 2003 - 9:32 pm
I love Queen Rania's new tiara! And look at the beautiful flower arrangements! They're very colorful and fun to look at.
AnaM I hadn't even noticed the floral arrangements. They are indeed very colourful and beautiful. Thanks for pointing them out.
Old 10-08-2003, 01:46 AM
Majesty

King Carl XVI Gustaf Speech

Your Majesties,
Your Royal Highnesses,

Excellencies,

Honoured guests,

It is a great pleasure for the Queen and myself to welcome You and Your distinguished delegation to Sweden and to this dinner at our residence, Drottningholm Palace. There are very special ties between Your family and mine since the reign of the late King Hussein, whom we had the pleasure of welcoming to Stockholm, together with Queen Noor, almost twenty years ago.

The relations between our families have been strengthened by renewed contacts during the Queen's and my State Visit to Jordan in 1989. A visit that made deep impressions on the two of us for many reasons. We visited different parts of Your fascinating country, different institutions, organizations and projects. But what we most of all remember is the extraordinary landscape and the early morning tour through the exceptional remnants of Petra, a place that leaves nobody untouched.

Also Crown Princess Victoria came home after Her visit to Jordan two years ago with happy memories from Your country. The aim of Her trip was a field visit to United Nations regional organizations. But Petra - again - with all its history, and the spontaneous meeting there with Your Majesty, had left Her with deep impressions. So had Jerash. She also appreciated the great and personal hospitality shown to Her by Your Majesties and Your family in Your residence in Aqaba.

When this warm friendship between our families is combined with the close cooperation between our two nations the bonds become very strong. A State Visit is the ultimate sign of an excellent relationship and fruitful exchange of experiences in different sectors of society like politics, economy and commerce.

Our development cooperation in the sectors of water, energy, education and industry is, to my knowledge, running smoothly. I am happy to be able to tell you that an expansion of that cooperation has just been announced, including an environmental research project in Aqaba.

Your Majesty,

You and Your team are well known to us and the rest of the world for Your brave initiatives and hard work in reforming Your country, primarily in the economic field. It is my sincere hope that Your State Visit to Sweden will inspire You in Your efforts and lead to a continued development of contacts, not least between our business communities. During the next two days I will be pleased to show Your Majesty some areas, which may have the potential for such a development. I am convinced that You will find this a rewarding tour.

I would also like to mention the important role of Jordan in the dialogue between cultures, a dialogue aiming at defying ignorance, which unfortunately often leads to hatred as well as extreme political ideas and activities. In Sweden, with an increasing population with roots in foreign countries, cultures and religions Jordan's efforts to bridge such differences are most appreciated.

Your Majesty,

We all are aware of and closely follow the conflicts in the Middle East. Recent developments, close to Your borders, unfortunately do not make the picture very much brighter. Jordan has taken a moderate and pragmatic position. I cannot but express my deepest admiration for the tireless work You are pursuing for a sustainable peace in the region. A peace that also includes improved living conditions for Your people.

At Your side Queen Rania is taking impressive initiatives in the social field and within traditional culture. Her efforts have been admired not only in Jordan but also abroad. Earlier this year She was awarded the German Media Prize, a prize that She shared with Queen Silvia, for commitment and hard work for the less fortunate members of society.

Your Majesties,

I hope this evening and this visit will be filled with happiness and good fortune. Allow me for a second, though, to recall the fact that Sweden lately was struck by tragedy, when our Foreign Minister Ms. Anna Lindh was brutally murdered. The support and sympathy we have received from so many nations, among them Jordan, in this time of trial has strengthened our will to continue the path of democracy and an open society.

For the warm friendship between Jordan and Sweden as well as for Your Majesties and all Your family I wish to ask everyone to join me in a toast!

Welcome, thank you and SKÅL!
Old 10-08-2003, 07:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Ok, I´ve done it. But I think it´s not that difficult to understand, because it´s almost always the same (A was led to the board from B and sat next to C...)The only word, which made me nut, was "flankerades ". Maybe you could correct it, when it is wrong translated, Josefine

The king and king Abdullah were flanked (she sat next to both-after them) at the board of Queen Rania, which had the speaker (of the parliament) on her desk and the Queen, which had the prime minister on her other side. The crown princess was led to the board by prince Ali and had on her other side the speaker of the parliament.
Prince Carl-Philip led princess Masjda to the board and had Mistress of the Robes,
Countess Trolle-Wachtmeister on his left side. She was led to the board by prince Raed, which had princess Lilian on his other side. She was led to the board of the prime minister. Princess Madeleine was led to the board of the marshall of the realm Ingemar Eliasson and had prince Ali on her right side
Old 10-08-2003, 07:59 AM
Heir Apparent

maybe the photo-agencies (which are all scandinavian) are to busy with the engagement...but on the other hand colourpress, which started really hard-working, and with very fast picture-transfer has become really slow (there are also no engegament-pics)

It´s always the same...I´m moaning...and things are already there :P
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	jord10.jpeg
Views:	570
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	20018   Click image for larger version

Name:	jord11.jpeg
Views:	174
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	20020   Click image for larger version

Name:	jord12.jpeg
Views:	148
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	20022   Click image for larger version

Name:	jord13.jpeg
Views:	185
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	20023  

Name:	jord14.jpeg
Views:	118
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	20025   Click image for larger version

Name:	jord15.jpeg
Views:	175
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	20027   Click image for larger version

Name:	jord16.jpeg
Views:	118
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	20028   Click image for larger version

Name:	jord17.jpeg
Views:	108
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	20029  

Name:	jord18.jpeg
Views:	434
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	20030   Click image for larger version

Name:	jorf19.jpeg
Views:	109
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	20031  
Old 10-08-2003, 08:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Pictures 11 to 20
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	jord20.jpeg
Views:	107
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	20032   Click image for larger version

Name:	jord21.jpeg
Views:	81
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	20033   Click image for larger version

Name:	jord22.jpeg
Views:	121
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	20034   Click image for larger version

Name:	jord23.jpeg
Views:	113
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	20035  

Name:	jord24.jpeg
Views:	122
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	20036   Click image for larger version

Name:	jord25.jpeg
Views:	674
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	20037   Click image for larger version

Name:	jord26.jpeg
Views:	151
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	20038   Click image for larger version

Name:	jord27.jpeg
Views:	110
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	20039  

Name:	jord28.jpeg
Views:	107
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	20040   Click image for larger version

Name:	jord29.jpeg
Views:	123
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	20041  
Old 10-08-2003, 08:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Pictures 21 to 28
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	jord30.jpeg
Views:	90
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	20042   Click image for larger version

Name:	jord31.jpeg
Views:	99
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	20043   Click image for larger version

Name:	jord32.jpeg
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	20044   Click image for larger version

Name:	jord33.jpeg
Views:	117
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	20045  

Name:	jord34.jpeg
Views:	113
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	20046   Click image for larger version

Name:	jord35.jpeg
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	20047   Click image for larger version

Name:	jord36.jpeg
Views:	98
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	20049   Click image for larger version

Name:	jord37.jpeg
Views:	370
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	20050  

Old 10-08-2003, 08:24 AM
Aristocracy

Question: Is Madeleine wearing the same dress that she wore to Haakon and Mette Marits wedding but with a "sweater" on it? Do you understand how I mean?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	post_17_1050436108.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	20051  
Old 10-08-2003, 08:35 AM
Heir Apparent

No, it´s not the same. The dress at the wedding was more simple...and that´s for me one point...I think her dress looks very nice, but (always a big Lena-but :P ) in recent months/in the last year IMO Madeleine has prefered a style which seems a little bit old-fashioned to me. Yes, I know that it was part of the last fashion seasons to wear clothes with frills and so on..an I´m also aware of the fact that the horrible 80ties-style is coming again...but some outfits which Madeleine wore in the last months reminds me of my grandma´s style...and make her look more tubbier she really is!
But ok, this dress isn´t that worse, but I liked Victoria´s more (but why has Madeleine, which is in the third line a NEW dress and Victoria not. Madeleine has about 5-10 offical duties a year, but has always (exception:yesterday)a new outfit!)

I guess that´s at Ericsson

Pictures 1 & 3 - Polfoto

...and I think the most beautiful dress at tha gala wore Rania, she looked like a roman goddess, but represented also her oriental homeland with the dress!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	jord38.jpeg
Views:	73
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	20055   Click image for larger version

Name:	jord39.jpeg
Views:	136
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	20057   Click image for larger version

Name:	jord40.jpeg
Views:	619
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	20059  
Old 10-08-2003, 09:09 AM
Gentry

It truly pains me to say this, but I absolutely abhor Madeleine's dress. It's matronly and it makes her look pasty and tired. I realize that the women of the Swedish RF may have been dressing somewhat more conservatively for this state visit but there are ways to dress conservatively without looking like you're 45 (when you're 21)....Rania handles it nicely.
Old 10-08-2003, 09:35 AM
Majesty

I like Ranias dress but the tiara I´m not so sure about

Will there be a gala dinner tonight?
becouse it only said Dinner in the Swedish program
Old 10-08-2003, 11:08 AM
Courtier

Their dresses were fine. Princess Victoria and Princess Madeleine were wearing gowns which has very simple designs. But I like their gowns, a sign of simplicity. They also looked gorgeous because of their jewelries.
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 10-08-2003, 12:50 PM
Commoner

green tiara? so distasteful
Old 10-08-2003, 02:08 PM
Commoner

I don't agree--I think it looks really exotic--it works with her look b/c she's very exotic and beautiful. Jordan in not a rich country also the monarchy is very new--so they don't have a lot of jewels to go around. I wonder if the queen had a new one made w/ cheaper gems.
Old 10-08-2003, 02:16 PM
Heir Apparent

I like the tiara too, but I think such a tiara is more an exception for a special occasion...and it fits to Rania´s style.
If we take Victoria...in the next decades we will see her quite often in certain tiaras (which we have all seen before-at her mother, on her) and there a little bit change wouldn´t be that bad...but I can´t imagine that she wear such a tiara like Rania at the nobel prize award. Resume: It was a nice and beautiful breaking up and it looked good on Rania...but I hope it won´t become her standard tiara!
Old 10-08-2003, 02:55 PM
Courtier

Nicole, Jordan may not be a rich country per se, but the royal family is extremely rich. The family, as a whole, has several tiaras.

It should also be noted that although Jordan is a new monarchy, the Hashemites are an acient family descending from the Prophet Mohammed. The present King's great grandfather was the King of the Hejaz.

Sean. ~
Old 10-08-2003, 03:23 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Lena 
Posted: Oct 7th, 2003 - 1:00 pm

I love Victoria´s jacket and I´m a little bit disappointed of Rania´s suit...Carl philip needs to pick his eyebrows in the middle of the forehead/at the beginning of the root of the nose (job for Madeleine? )...ah yes Madeleine...Madeleine looks kind of chubby in her outfit...but the great look of her sister today compensates all. And princess Lilian looks really agile for her age.
Let me put my two cents in too ...
- Victoria looks smashing. Have you noticed, hair up or down, Victoria looks like Victoria?

- Rania's suit. Had to put my sunglasses on. Is she promoting clean water?

- Carl Philip pluck his eye-brows? What is it about this plucking? (Hope my nieces don't do that, and then look like every other woman eye-brow wise)

- Madeleine looks different with every hair style. Clothes-wise ... wonder if she blew her budget on all those shoes and watches she is supposed to have bought earlier?

- Princess Lilian ..... I think she is an independent woman who dresses herself, and has a set opinion of what looks 'good' on her.

- the Jordanian King looks improve substantially when he has his military cap on.

- Queen Sylvia and King Carl are a class act.