The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-04-2007, 10:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

State Visit from Brazil to Sweden: September 11-12, 2007

It has just been confirmed that His Excellency The President of Brazil will pay a state visit to Sweden from September 11 - 12, 2007.
King Carl XIV Gustaf & Queen Silvia paid a state visit to Brazil in April 1984.
There has never been an incoming return state visit from Brazil during the present King's reign, and of course it might be something of a special occasion for Queen Silvia as she is half-Brazilian through her late mother, Alice de Toledo.

Old 08-05-2007, 12:02 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
It has just been confirmed that His Excellency The President of Brazil will pay a state visit to Sweden from September 11 - 12, 2007.
King Carl XIV Gustaf & Queen Silvia paid a state visit to Brazil in April 1984.
There has never been an incoming return state visit from Brazil during the present King's reign, and of course it might be something of a special occasion for Queen Silvia as she is half-Brazilian through her late mother, Alice de Toledo.
Excellent!! Lulu da Silva has never been a favorite of mine but this is just another occasion to see my lovely Queen (hopefully) bejeweled to the nines.

Old 08-05-2007, 06:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

I hope so too, 'Drottning' - the only one who might put the 'grandeur' of the inevitable gala dinner given by the Swedish RC in jeopardy is President Lulu da Silva himself, because of his unfortunate habit of showing up in business suit & tie even for the grandest of Royal banquets.
But 23 years is a quite long time for a return state visit to finally materialize, so I hope that Queen Silvia might pull out all the stops, with the obvious choice being the large Braganca diamond tiara plus the Brazilan diamond brooch and earrings.
Of course everything has to remain speculation until September, but it would be such a nice & appropriate gesture, just like QE II wore her Brazilian aquamarines for the recent dinner she gave for the Brazilian president.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

Wow, state visits to Denmark, Sweden and Norway, what a week for us royaltywatchers
Old 08-05-2007, 11:02 AM
Nobility

Quote:
But 23 years is a quite long time for a return state visit to finally materialize, so I hope that Queen Silvia might pull out all the stops, with the obvious choice being the large Braganca diamond tiara plus the Brazilan diamond brooch and earrings.
Excellent choice!!!! She looks amazing in that tiara
Old 08-07-2007, 06:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I hope so too, 'Drottning' - the only one who might put the 'grandeur' of the inevitable gala dinner given by the Swedish RC in jeopardy is President Lulu da Silva himself, because of his unfortunate habit of showing up in business suit & tie even for the grandest of Royal banquets.
Of course everything has to remain speculation until September, but it would be such a nice & appropriate gesture, just like QE II wore her Brazilian aquamarines for the recent dinner she gave for the Brazilian president.
I would love to see that tiara again, it is my favorite. However, I believe Silvia only wears it for visits from other heads of state (but i may be wrong).

Nevertheless, I'd like to see a new dress from Silvia and Victoria. I do hope Madeleine attends the dinner as well.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

It's true that Queen Silvia used to wear the big 'whopper' diamond Braganca tiara only as a tribute for the welcome gala during incoming state visits of foreign Royals (or official portraits) for the first 25 years of being Queen.
She started this tradition when she wore the Braganca tiara for the first time in its full size (plus the detachable parts at the sides) for the 1983 state visit of Queen Elizabeth II to Sweden.
Recently she has broken with this tradition, wearing the Braganca tiara for the King's 60th birthday as well as for the state visit to Denmark - the only time ever she wore this tiara abroad.
So my guess is that the next occasion to see this tiara might very well be in September for the incoming Brazilian state visit.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:17 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

As the state visit will start today I wondered if a programme has been released yet?
Old 09-11-2007, 06:47 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

Present: King, Queen, Crown Princess, Princess Madeleine, Princess Christina, Mrs Magnuson. (And others)
Old 09-11-2007, 03:30 PM
Aristocracy

from royal court.se
Galamiddag på Kungliga slottet - Kungahuset [NS4 version]

PDF-Guestlist
http://www.royalcourt.se/download/18...+Brasilien.pdf
Old 09-11-2007, 03:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Crown Princess Victoria is in a new stunning dress, very youthful and majestic at the same time (sort of light gold cream colour). The Queen recycles from the state visit to Denmark (the aqua/green-ish thing) plus Leuchtenberg sapphires.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:49 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess View Post
Crown Princess Victoria is in a new stunning dress, very youthful and majestic at the same time. The Queen recycles from the state visit to Denmark (the aqua/green-ish thing).
No photos yet??
Old 09-11-2007, 03:50 PM
Commoner

Does anyone have access to pictures from the state dinner?
Old 09-11-2007, 04:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Silvia
ANP Beeldbank

Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Madeleine
ANP Beeldbank
Old 09-11-2007, 04:13 PM
Aristocracy

all new dresses!! madeleine is soo great!!!!
Old 09-11-2007, 04:30 PM
Courtier

Thanks guys for the pictures! Wow! All new dresses! I especially love Madeleine's, but I don't care for her choice of tiara. I was hoping for the Braganza for the Queen, but I see she opted for one of her favorites. Victoria looked stunning also. And as always, Carl Phillip is handsome!!
Old 09-11-2007, 04:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Silvia doesn't wear a new dress, it's recycled from the state visit to Denmark. This being a state visit from the country she grew up in, I had hoped for a new dress, but she looks great as usual and the wonderful Leuchtenberg sapphires actually work in combination with the ice-green color of the gown. CP Victoria & Princess Madeleine both very nice, I just wish Madeleine would stop hiding the aquamarine tiara in her hair.
But why doesn't the Royal Family receive their guests in the 'White Sea' ballroom anymore? That background was so much better than this rather plain white walled room they've been using now and already for the Chinese state visit.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I can't recall, but is this right that the Queen and the Crown Princess wear the Swedish Order?
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 09-11-2007, 04:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria looked wonderful tonight, I liked her dress very much. Madeleine´s dress was ok, but I don´t like this tiara of hers - and she looks somehow old, maybe too much tan. Queen Silvia looks as regal as always, just fantastic.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:46 PM
Royal Highness

The way the diademe was placed on Crown Princess Victoria's hairdo was downright horrible!

Such a beautiful and stylish diademe and then place it with visible framework. The iron frame of a diademe should be invisible, when placed properly!

If the diademe was worn correctly, Crown Princess Victoria was near perfection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII View Post
I can't recall, but is this right that the Queen and the Crown Princess wear the Swedish Order?
No. The Swedish royals wore Brazilean Orders. The Order of the Southern Cross for The King, the Queen and the Crown Princess. Lower Orders for Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeleine.