The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-11-2007, 04:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

I couldn't agree more with Henri M. - it's a pity that CP Victoria's hairdresser doesn't know how to place the amethyst tiara correctly.
In answer to HMQueenElizabethII: Queen Silvia and CP Victoria are wearing Brazilian orders. The Brazilian sash is also light blue like the Swedish, but much wider. Prince Carl-Philip and Princess Madeleine received orders of a lesser degree.

Old 09-11-2007, 04:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M. View Post
The way the diademe was placed on Crown Princess Victoria's hairdo was downright horrible!

Such a beautiful and stylish diademe and then place it with visible framework. The iron frame of a diademe should be invisible, when placed properly!

If the diademe was worn correctly, Crown Princess Victoria was near perfection.

It is very difficult to wear that diademe good if you don´t have a "fluffy" hairstyle beacuse the actual jewels sits so hight up from the frame, it´s a shame that they made it that way and i think that they should reset it on a new and lovere frame so that the base doesn´t show that much. Looks like Victoria have found herself a new favorite dress style, wonder how many she has ordered, we have already seen 2-3 of the same design... But i think it is very beautiful and fits her really good.

Old 09-11-2007, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

All the Royal women looked stunning, IMO.
Victoria's new dress is a dream! It suits her very well!
Silvia's dress is nice, too. The color is just perfect for her. She's so elegant.
Madeleine's dress is pretty, but I really don't like the Tiara... it was ok when she was younger.. but nowadays she need something bigger...you nearly don't see it in her big hairdo.

Old 09-11-2007, 06:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Is it just the dress... or did Madeleine gain some weight the last time?
Picture
(Polfoto)

I hate to pick on weight, but that was the first thing I thought as well. Maybe it's just the dress. I thought Victoria looked great. It's nice to see all the new dresses. It's quite an exciting week, with three state visits in a row!
Old 09-11-2007, 06:05 PM
Courtier

I personally would love to see the Cr. Princess in her sisters dress. I think the color would look lovely on her and the style and cut of the dress very flattering on her. A big departure from what we usually see on her.
Not very fond of the Queens dress. Very busy style.
Aside from that, the ladies looked very lovely.
Thank you everyone for posting the pictures. (but it seems that all the pics from polofoto do not open up).
Old 09-11-2007, 06:08 PM
Courtier

Outfits

I loved both Crown Princess Victoria's daytime outfit and her evening gown, she looked stunning.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:19 PM
Heir Apparent

The diadem worn by HRH The Crown Princess Victoria, Duchess of Västergötland is really quite unflattering. Never liked it and no doubt never shall.

HM The Queen looked quite good. She wears that parure so so well. I often think It looks as if it were made for her.

And HRH The Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland looked exquisite and if she has put on a few pounds, It seems to suit her. She looked beautiful even with that horrible little "tiara".

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 09-11-2007, 06:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Maybe it wasn't Victoria best hairstyle ever... but I still like it!
Victoria's hairdo
(Polfoto)

Is it just the dress... or did Madeleine gain some weight the last time?
Picture
(Polfoto)

All the Royal women looked stunning, IMO.
Victoria's new dress is a dream! It suits her very well!
Silvia's dress is nice, too. The color is just perfect for her. She's so elegant.
Madeleine's dress is pretty, but I really don't like the Tiara... it was ok when she was younger.. but nowadays she need something bigger...you nearly don't see it in her big hairdo.
Thank you for commenting on the what appears to be Madeleine's weight gain. It could be the dress, the angle of the photo???? However, her face is a bit fuller than usual.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:53 PM
Serene Highness

I think Queen Silvia and Victoria look very lovely. I really like Victoria's dress, it's new but the top part is a similar style to a previously worn dress. Madeleine's dress I'm not so sure about. At first glance my thought was, yuk! Now that I have looked at a few more pictures of her I'm trying to like it. But I'm really undecided about it. Biggest criticism is, the neckline being that low. As for the possible weight gain I've thought that for some time now. I think way back when she came back from New York is when I first thought that. Although it's not a big deal she looks lovely. Maybe she's one of those where her weight fluctuates at different times. However, tonight I think the dress is just not working for her.

Interesting thought from the poster that suggested Madeleine's dress on Victoria, I agree as far as the color goes. But not so sure the overall style(neckline) would be good for Victoria. One thing about Victoria is she seems to be the more modest sister, and for good reason!
Old 09-11-2007, 07:34 PM
Courtier

*swoons over Carl Philip* :wub.

I loved Victoria she looks so beautiful. Madeline, I support the weight thingy, look at her arms they look chubby and with that heavy tan of hers that olive green doesnt look good, probably if she wasnt so tanned the dress would look better on her. Also she looks like she is 5 years older than Victoria!.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:16 PM
Courtier

I personally thought Madeleine looked better tonight than Victoria. Victoria's dress was just not "elegant" enough if you will. As for Madde, we all know she likes to show a little more cleavage (sp) than her sister. I would have liked to see Victoria sport another tiara though. And her sister.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
it's a pity that CP Victoria's hairdresser doesn't know how to place the amethyst tiara correctly.
I'm not so sure it's the hairdressers fault. Between the tiara itself, and the frame, there is a considerable spacing which isn't very flattering. It looks more like a bejewelled halo half the time.

Old 09-11-2007, 08:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Madelein looked fine, always beautiful, yes she looked a little heavier, not gaunt. She didn't look 5 years older. Her tiara is pathetic. It should be retired or made into a bracelet. Victoria looked lovely and I know the tiara sits funny, but it is still gorgeous. Silvia, who is my favorite, her gown, I thought, was too, I can't even think of a term, but I didn't like it, with all that shirring, it is not becoming. I love the saphire parure, but not with that dress. Yuck. Too bad, she is a beautiful woman.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Did they arrive in the late afternoon? It seems to me that the Queen and the Crwon Princess are wearing outfits made out of material more suited to evening than day time.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:49 AM
Commoner

I like Madelene's tiara, I think being too over the top isn't always the best, her dress was stunning and I'd rather see that than a tiara. But thats just my opinion.

Victoria looked great, but she didn't seem very happy so she didn't 'shine' as much as the others, but who can really tell from a few photos?
Old 09-12-2007, 02:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M. View Post

No. The Swedish royals wore Brazilean Orders. The Order of the Southern Cross for The King, the Queen and the Crown Princess. Lower Orders for Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeleine.

Oh, thanks Henri. Just because i think it appears strange as when Brazilean President paid a State Visit to the UK, i saw QEII wore the collar instead of sash like this?So maybe QSilvia and Princess Victoria got higher order than QEII?
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 09-12-2007, 07:43 AM
Nobility

I agree with some of you : Madeleine is a little too fat now, just my opinion ...

I like Victoria's dress : elegant and stylish . Not as usual, where she's often boring ... Maybe the colour could have been different .
Madeleine's one : well, a little boring, since it's always the same style . No surprise at all ...
Old 09-12-2007, 08:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Shame on anyone who comments on Madeleine's weight in a negative way. HRH looks perfectly healthy so what's it matter if she's put on a few pounds...hardly a concern.

Just as beautiful, just as splendid and just as royal.

Old 09-12-2007, 08:57 AM
Serene Highness

is it just me or does prince carl phillip get more handsome everytime time i see him- yumyum he's a gorgeous as his sisters
i thought all the ladies looked beautiful- i agree about madeleins tan and little bitty tiara (i missed it in the photos until i went back to look)
quick question do all countries award sashes? i mean brazil doesn't have a royal family but it awards sashes and such?
Old 09-12-2007, 09:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
is it just me or does prince carl phillip get more handsome everytime time i see him
His a very handsome man