The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-07-2006, 12:28 PM
Heir Apparent

State Visit from Botswana to Sweden; March 21-24, 2006

This thread is reserved for news and pictures concerning the incoming State Visit from His Excellency The President of Botswana to Sweden on the invitation of His Majesty King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden. The State Visit will take place during the period from 21-24 of March 2006.

Please remember to observe the TRF Rules & Guidelines while posting.

Old 03-21-2006, 09:03 AM
Serene Highness

I hear the royal couple will stay with the guests in Stockholm, Uppsala and Södertälje. Is that right?
When do the guests arrived Sweden. Will the crown princess welcome the President at airport?

Do you know the official program of the three days state visit?

Old 03-21-2006, 10:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

here´s the first report about the visit

http://www.royalcourt.se/kungafamilj...be8000149.html

It says that the crownprincess welcomed the guests at Arlanda airport and then there was a welcoming ceremony at the palace
Old 03-21-2006, 11:25 AM
Heir Apparent

here's the picture from royalcourt.se :

Old 03-21-2006, 11:40 AM
Aristocracy

Wow, this is almost a total family line up. Even Lilian, 90, is there :)
Old 03-21-2006, 11:49 AM
Royal Highness

Thanks for the picture purple_platinum. With what I could make out is Queen Siliva wearing a fur or velvet hat? I think Mary's been rubbing off people. It's lovely to see Lilian; she is such a beautiful woman.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Silvia's hat is most likely fur. I just returned from Sweden and many, many women (and men too) of all ages wear fur hats, coats, jackets and clothes with fur collars and trim.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:37 PM
Heir Apparent

President of Botswana Festus G. Mogae (3L) and his wife Barbara (L) pose for photographers with the Swedish royal couple King Carl XVI Gustaf (2L) and Queen Silvia (R) at the Royal Palace in Stockholm, 21 March, 2006. Mogae is on a three-day state visit in Sweden.

from ANP (AFP PHOTO / SCANPIX SWEDEN / CLAUDIO BRESCIANI)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2546961.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	233772   Click image for larger version

Name:	2546721.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	233773  
Old 03-21-2006, 01:55 PM
Royal Highness

Thanks for all the pictures! It's nice to see Princess Lilian out! Crown Princess Victoria looks great, very stylish hats and boots.:)
Old 03-21-2006, 02:05 PM
Nobility

Silvia and Victoria looks very nice and another style !!!!
Old 03-21-2006, 02:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Vicky looks great, maybe little round on her face but great.
Old 03-21-2006, 02:54 PM
Heir Apparent

The Queen and Princess Lilian look great! I love the Queen's necklace and brooch, it looks very sophisticated! Nice to see Crown Princess Victoria in a new and somewhat different style, it's very refreshing and nice!

Here are a few more pictures from day 1 (21 March) today, from Pontus Lundahl, Scanpix and EPA via Dagens Nyheter.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	233826   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	233827   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	233828   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	233829  

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	233830  
Old 03-21-2006, 03:20 PM
Courtier

I absolutely love Victorias style today - especially the hat and boots - nice to see her trying something new and she really pulls it off great! Silvia is nice but a little to black for my taste, and the fur hat is not that flattering. Can´t wait to see the gala dresses and jewels, let´s hope for atleast something new... :)

Is there no pic out from the Gala dinner held tonight? I have seen one just now on the royalcourt.se but that´s only the king and queen with the presidetial couple, no pics of Victoria :( . The queen wears an all black dress with the nine-prong tiara - seems to look quite good (even though i can´t zoom the pic)

I see now that the king & queen is wearing the Swedish order of the seraphim and not at usual the order of the visiting country, and the president and his wife wears no orders, does anyone know the reason for this? It must be unusual, they usually "switch" orders with eachother as one of the first things they do at a statevisit - or don´t Botswana have any orders?
Old 03-21-2006, 06:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Victoria wears the strapless Natan dress she wore for Maximas prewedding dinner for the umptieth time, the baden tiara and a three string pearl necklace with a diamond clasp, Lilian in lime green and her laurel wreath tiara. This birthday of Carl Gustav must be expensive since Silvia has not gotten a new dress since May 2004:p

Here is a tiny preview (Charles Hammarsten)
Old 03-21-2006, 06:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Kings 60th birthday party better impress us. They have gotten skimpy and need to treat us to some new gowns and a spectatcular event.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:50 PM
Serene Highness

I wonder if QS is wearing black out of respect for her recently deceased brother? Victoria, too, is dressed fairly somberly. On another note -- I always enjoy seeing the Swedish carriages -- they are so elegant!
Old 03-21-2006, 09:09 PM
Heir Apparent

I think this picture is particularly sweet: the Queen holding onto Lilian's hand. It's obvious that they have a very close relationship and that the Queen looks out and protects Lilian.

I am not so convinced of Victoria's look. I don't really care for the hat and in comparison to her mother, who looks so extremely refined and elegant, Victoria looks a bit in a disarray with the knee-high boots, the unbuttoned jacket (though that kind of jacket doesn't really button) and the oddly-perched hat.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yea I am not a fan of Victorias look either. I think Silvia is wearing dark colors because she is still in morning for her brother. I have always noticed a closeness between Silvia and Lilian.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25
Yea I am not a fan of Victorias look either. I think Silvia is wearing dark colors because she is still in morning for her brother. I have always noticed a closeness between Silvia and Lilian.
1. Lilian became more or less a mother figure for both Silvia and Carl Gustav and I'm sure the trio think of her as a grandmother so she's big in the family!
2. I'm not that crazy about Victoria's look with boots and hat but I think she looked smashing on the gala dinner
Old 03-22-2006, 12:07 AM
Heir Apparent

from the Gala Banquet from Scanpix via royalcourt.se'