The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-13-2005, 09:45 PM
Serene Highness

Yes, but if i have a brother so handsome like Carl-Philip i´ll die!! living with that hottie and he´s just your brother!!No way!:p

Old 10-13-2005, 11:54 PM
Royal Highness

I was looking through this thread again and I realize Carl Philip and Victoria also look really close. For some reason I always associated Carl Philip and Madeleine being very close but it seems that he's also close with Victoria. I wish I saw more pictures of Madeleine and Victoria as close siblings. I think this is when older sister and younger sister roles kick in. I have an older sister and sometimes we're really good friends and other times we just want to wring each other's necks. It seems like this tends to happen between sisters. Does anybody understand what I am saying?

Old 12-20-2005, 08:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine together at...

The Kings birthday 1993

from ullstain
Old 12-22-2005, 03:20 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piewi
No, they are not children anymore, but for their parents they always will be the babies! All parents aare like that.

lol...not really actually.... the king just said in an interview.."The youngsters, or children, change all the time. And as a parent, it’s about feeling the balance and change together, with respect for both sides. In many parent’s eyes the children are always children. But now they are youths."

its a long time since the king n the queen started to refer to their kids as the "youngsters"
Old 12-22-2005, 04:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedishme
lol...not really actually.... the king just said in an interview.."The youngsters, or children, change all the time. And as a parent, it’s about feeling the balance and change together, with respect for both sides. In many parent’s eyes the children are always children. But now they are youths."

its a long time since the king n the queen started to refer to their kids as the "youngsters"
In which interview has he said that? Slowly they are making progress in growing/changing with their children. In 2003 Silvia corrected herself, when she talked about her children wanting to improve their german in the future. Firstly she said, that children learn languages very fast...then she said, that one can´t say children anymore and has to speak of youngsters (she said "Jugendliche", which means actually Teenagers)
IMO those youngsters are in reproduction-age for some years now. They aren´t soooooooo young anymore
Old 12-23-2005, 01:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
In which interview has he said that? Slowly they are making progress in growing/changing with their children. In 2003 Silvia corrected herself, when she talked about her children wanting to improve their german in the future. Firstly she said, that children learn languages very fast...then she said, that one can´t say children anymore and has to speak of youngsters (she said "Jugendliche", which means actually Teenagers)
IMO those youngsters are in reproduction-age for some years now. They aren´t soooooooo young anymore
That's why Victoria and Daniel are heading the thread "Which Royal Couples Should Get Married"
Old 12-23-2005, 08:20 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ly-1771-3.html

in an interview posted there...

well the swedish world "ungdommarna" as they keep sayin can be translated both to youngsters n teenagers...(tho teenagers got its "own" word too)
Old 12-27-2005, 04:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Victoria and Carl Philip playing in their "backyard" at Drottningholm sometime in 1982

caps from Året med Kungafamiljen/SVT

Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine with some of their friends (I see Caroline Svedin, Peder Dinkelspiel and Leoni Gillberg...) at the concert at the palace just before midnight on December 31st 1999. Robyn was one of the performers and it seems like the royals liked her show :)

photos from SVT
Old 12-28-2005, 08:45 AM
Majesty

great photos carl philip looks so young
Old 01-11-2006, 06:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

sometime in the late 80´s during the annual meeting with the press just before christmas, the royal family head for the kitchen and made sausages.
Victoria told everyone what to do and it was clear who was the boss in the family :)

caps from Året med kungafamiljen / SVT

Old 01-11-2006, 06:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

In the summer of 1987 the King took his family to Ottenby on Öland to watch the birds. Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine had some friends with them and had alot of fun...

Old 01-19-2006, 12:00 AM
Heir Apparent

from the party in Tullgarn 2005
(photos from dpa)

TULLGARN 050910 - Princess Madeleine and her boyfriend Jonas Bergstroem arrive to the big party that crownprincess Victoria , princess Madeleine and prince Carl-Philip arranged for their friends.

TULLGARN 050910 - Prince Carl-Phlip welcome guests to the big party that crownprincess Victoria , princess Madeleine and prince Carl-Philip arranged for their friends.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Since its been so quiet on the royal front lately I thought it was time for some old photos of the sibs

Here they are, having a great time at Gröna Lund in Stockholm, june 1994

caps from "Året med kungafamiljen" / SVT
Old 02-24-2006, 12:10 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
I was looking through this thread again and I realize Carl Philip and Victoria also look really close. For some reason I always associated Carl Philip and Madeleine being very close but it seems that he's also close with Victoria. I wish I saw more pictures of Madeleine and Victoria as close siblings. I think this is when older sister and younger sister roles kick in. I have an older sister and sometimes we're really good friends and other times we just want to wring each other's necks. It seems like this tends to happen between sisters. Does anybody understand what I am saying?
Although I am an only child, I understand what you are saying based on stories from my friends who have siblings.:) It does seem like Carl Philip is very close to both sisters. As for the two sisters, I wish there were more photos of them as close siblings also...it's kind of like Carl Philip is a buffer between the two of them. But that's just a random thought - I'm sure they're all very close to one another.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShksprNLov
Although I am an only child, I understand what you are saying based on stories from my friends who have siblings.:) It does seem like Carl Philip is very close to both sisters. As for the two sisters, I wish there were more photos of them as close siblings also...it's kind of like Carl Philip is a buffer between the two of them. But that's just a random thought - I'm sure they're all very close to one another.
Carl Phillip is the middle child so he has to act as a referee between Victoria and Madeleine, besides he's the only male so I can only wonder what have him been through their teen years

I have a much older sister (12 years my senior) and it's just the both of us, sometimes we are really good friends and other times...well we're not
Old 02-24-2006, 07:26 AM
Commoner

what is with madde's neckbrace she has as a necklace i really think she overdresses on every oscasion

victoria and madeleine being girls in the family gang up on him and boss him around a lot , give him fashion tips and what not

good photo there of all three of looking relaxed and very happy sort of
Old 03-20-2006, 04:30 PM
Nobility

Photo postcards by: Toni Sica

My website about Monaco's Casiraghi
http://charlottemaripomeline.web-log.nl/
Old 03-20-2006, 07:03 PM
Royal Highness

How many dogs does the SRF have and what are their names? I know they had a yellow labrador named Jambo who posed with Madeleine for her 18th birthday photos and with Victoria in the Vanity Fair shoot. I think it's adorable how they include the dogs in their photos since they're like part of the family.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:34 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by towsend
Photo postcards by: Toni Sica
Very lovely postcards, Townsend, maybe they will be put into the family group pics thread like last time seems you did not notice that, did you? :) I sometimes wish some other royals would have been photographed that often as well..
Old 04-29-2006, 07:53 AM
Majesty

i hope that we will see some new group photos of the siblings