The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-21-2005, 02:33 AM
Gentry

Oh what an awful suit Carl Philip wears, it´s giddy, with all its stripes. But a nice man nothing can deface .
No they´re really cute "kids"!!

Old 06-30-2005, 12:46 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerasma
Oh what an awful suit Carl Philip wears, it´s giddy, with all its stripes. But a nice man nothing can deface .
No they´re really cute "kids"!!
is it not the camera that makes those lines

Old 06-30-2005, 04:55 PM
Gentry

No it´s his suit which make this stripes, it´s a pin striped suit (don´t know if this is the right word for it). But the camera makes it more worse, thats right
Old 06-30-2005, 05:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerasma
No it´s his suit which make this stripes, it´s a pin striped suit (don´t know if this is the right word for it). But the camera makes it more worse, thats right
Yeah, pin stripes. :) I don't know if you've noticed, but even some tweed jackets (there are all different kinds, of course) and ones with 'unusual' material often look strange on camera. That's why you'll notice that a lot of news reporters steer clear of such fabrics. Crown Prince Philippe of Belgium has worn pin striped suits before and they've never done this. I thin it depends on how wide the stripes are. These are quite 'thick' which is why it looks distorted more.

Old 07-02-2005, 04:05 AM
Majesty

in many papers the are often refered to as Kungabarnen = the royal children
i am thinking they are no children anymore
Old 07-02-2005, 05:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine

Now as you say it...yes, they are pretty big for children...too much of growth hormone in the water around Drottningholm :p
Ok, I´m silly...and I would say to call them "kungabarnen" (children of the king) is ok...after all there´s in almost all languages just this word (children) for sons and daughters of parents. And I guess this has a reason: for our parents we will always stay children. No matter how hard we try ...and actually this is a good thing (mostly)
And maybe this is more obvious with the children of the king...since they also have in public the "minor" position (Lena´s weird thoughts...after 30 hours without sleep)
Old 07-02-2005, 05:26 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
Now as you say it...yes, they are pretty big for children...too much of growth hormone in the water around Drottningholm :p
Ok, I´m silly...and I would say to call them "kungabarnen" (children of the king) is ok...after all there´s in almost all languages just this word (children) for sons and daughters of parents. And I guess this has a reason: for our parents we will always stay children. No matter how hard we try ...and actually this is a good thing (mostly)
And maybe this is more obvious with the children of the king...since they also have in public the "minor" position (Lena´s weird thoughts...after 30 hours without sleep)

okay i am with you on that
wonder if other royal houses also call them kungabarnen or drottningbarnen
so victorias children will be called drottningbarnen?
Old 07-02-2005, 01:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
No, they are not children anymore, but for their parents they always will be the babies! All parents aare like that.
Old 07-23-2005, 09:45 AM
Nobility

From acioline and newscom

from 80's-2005
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1980fam.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	172283   Click image for larger version

Name:	cpwed05.jpg
Views:	800
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	172284   Click image for larger version

Name:	pm87.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	172285   Click image for larger version

Name:	pmadchil.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	172286  

Name:	pmadchila.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	172287   Click image for larger version

Name:	pmadchilc.jpg
Views:	611
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	172288   Click image for larger version

Name:	pvicmadcarl05.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	172289  
Old 07-26-2005, 05:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Its not really a group photo, but its photos of all three siblings at the Destinys Child concert in May 2005

Various members of the Swedish Royal family went to see Destinys Child in Stockholm, Sweden.
from NewsCom
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	c1.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	173251   Click image for larger version

Name:	c2.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	173252   Click image for larger version

Name:	c3.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	173253   Click image for larger version

Name:	c4.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	173254  

Name:	c5.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	173255   Click image for larger version

Name:	c6.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	173256   Click image for larger version

Name:	c8.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	173257   Click image for larger version

Name:	c9.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	173258  

Old 07-26-2005, 07:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Alot of these photographs are lovely and they seem to be a close laidback family. I get the impression from alot of the photos that Victoria and Carl Philip are quite close, something that doesn't seem as obvious between Madeline and her brother.

On a different note, Madeline should really lay off the fake tan/sunbeds, she looks as though she might glow in the dark!
Old 07-26-2005, 11:23 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
Alot of these photographs are lovely and they seem to be a close laidback family. I get the impression from alot of the photos that Victoria and Carl Philip are quite close, something that doesn't seem as obvious between Madeline and her brother.

On a different note, Madeline should really lay off the fake tan/sunbeds, she looks as though she might glow in the dark!
To me it seems as if Carl Philip and Madeleine are really close. I like the photo when Carl Philip is hugging Madeleine at a private party and when he is holding her purse at Sofiero :). It seems as if Madeleine and Victoria aren't as close? I guess no one really knows the relationship between the siblings. Thanks for the photos everyone!
Old 07-27-2005, 12:37 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
To me it seems as if Carl Philip and Madeleine are really close. I like the photo when Carl Philip is hugging Madeleine at a private party and when he is holding her purse at Sofiero :). It seems as if Madeleine and Victoria aren't as close? I guess no one really knows the relationship between the siblings. Thanks for the photos everyone!
I agree. Althought we will never really know...it really seems like Madeleine and Carl Phillip are really close because of their body language and the fact that at official events they are often photographed together without Victoria.I think that since CP Victoria has a much different role then her siblings and will one day be Queen and therefore sort of in charge of her siblings, that she is not as close with carl phillip and madeleine. At least that is the impression that I get.
Old 07-27-2005, 05:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

In the interview Peter Jihde did for the annual royal programme at SVT, Madeleine said that Carl Philip is one of her closest male friends. And that they see eachother more often than they see Victoria because they have many mutual friends.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:23 AM

This is my first post on TRF but I've read in an article that for Madeleine and Carl Philip, but Madeleine especially because of the age gap, Victoria was often a parental or guiding figure for them when their parents were away on royal business. So I imagine that they all have a close relationship with Victoria but it may be not as buddy-buddy and more like admiring and respecting a sister that is a bit older. But as it was said it is their private life and only they know.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Welcome to the forum, BriD!

Yes, perhaps its so, it is after all 5 years between Victoria and Madeleine... and younger siblings sometimes are a bit annoying, especialy when you´re a teenager and dont want to have your little sister around :)
Old 08-03-2005, 05:09 PM
Nobility

I wonder why there is not a "child" thread from Victoria, Madeleine or Carl-Phillip?? Photo from Story
Old 08-05-2005, 09:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

thats a very cute photo! Thanks Towsend!

Queen Silvia looks very 70-ish, with her long hair and white dress :)
But this photo must be from 1980 right?
Old 08-05-2005, 09:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Wow, that's indeed a very cute pic! Thanks towsend! The King looks so "oldies" it's almost funny! I get this "70's harmony" feeling...
Old 10-13-2005, 09:05 PM
Royal Highness

I was showing some pictures of Madeleine, Carl Philip, and Victoria to a friend who does not follow royalty and she really thought that Madeleine and Carl Philip were a couple. I do not mean this in a gross way and I know that they are close siblings but in some pictures, if one had no clue of who they were, it could seem that way. I just thought that was interesting...btw I think Carl Philip is a very sweet older brother to Madeleine.:p