Sibling Pictures - Group Photos of Victoria, Carl Philip & Madeleine

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alot of these photographs are lovely and they seem to be a close laidback family. I get the impression from alot of the photos that Victoria and Carl Philip are quite close, something that doesn't seem as obvious between Madeline and her brother.

On a different note, Madeline should really lay off the fake tan/sunbeds, she looks as though she might glow in the dark!

Little_star said:
Alot of these photographs are lovely and they seem to be a close laidback family. I get the impression from alot of the photos that Victoria and Carl Philip are quite close, something that doesn't seem as obvious between Madeline and her brother.

On a different note, Madeline should really lay off the fake tan/sunbeds, she looks as though she might glow in the dark!
To me it seems as if Carl Philip and Madeleine are really close. I like the photo when Carl Philip is hugging Madeleine at a private party and when he is holding her purse at Sofiero :). It seems as if Madeleine and Victoria aren't as close? I guess no one really knows the relationship between the siblings. Thanks for the photos everyone!

soCal girl said:
To me it seems as if Carl Philip and Madeleine are really close. I like the photo when Carl Philip is hugging Madeleine at a private party and when he is holding her purse at Sofiero :). It seems as if Madeleine and Victoria aren't as close? I guess no one really knows the relationship between the siblings. Thanks for the photos everyone!

I agree. Althought we will never really know...it really seems like Madeleine and Carl Phillip are really close because of their body language and the fact that at official events they are often photographed together without Victoria.I think that since CP Victoria has a much different role then her siblings and will one day be Queen and therefore sort of in charge of her siblings, that she is not as close with carl phillip and madeleine. At least that is the impression that I get.

In the interview Peter Jihde did for the annual royal programme at SVT, Madeleine said that Carl Philip is one of her closest male friends. And that they see eachother more often than they see Victoria because they have many mutual friends.

This is my first post on TRF but I've read in an article that for Madeleine and Carl Philip, but Madeleine especially because of the age gap, Victoria was often a parental or guiding figure for them when their parents were away on royal business. So I imagine that they all have a close relationship with Victoria but it may be not as buddy-buddy and more like admiring and respecting a sister that is a bit older. But as it was said it is their private life and only they know.

Welcome to the forum, BriD!

Yes, perhaps its so, it is after all 5 years between Victoria and Madeleine... and younger siblings sometimes are a bit annoying, especialy when you´re a teenager and dont want to have your little sister around :)

I wonder why there is not a "child" thread from Victoria, Madeleine or Carl-Phillip?? Photo from Story

Last edited:
thats a very cute photo! Thanks Towsend!

Queen Silvia looks very 70-ish, with her long hair and white dress :)
But this photo must be from 1980 right?

Wow, that's indeed a very cute pic! Thanks towsend! The King looks so "oldies" it's almost funny! :D I get this "70's harmony" feeling...

I was showing some pictures of Madeleine, Carl Philip, and Victoria to a friend who does not follow royalty and she really thought that Madeleine and Carl Philip were a couple. I do not mean this in a gross way and I know that they are close siblings but in some pictures, if one had no clue of who they were, it could seem that way. I just thought that was interesting...btw I think Carl Philip is a very sweet older brother to Madeleine.:p

Yes, but if i have a brother so handsome like Carl-Philip i´ll die!! living with that hottie and he´s just your brother!!No way!:p :D

I was looking through this thread again and I realize Carl Philip and Victoria also look really close. For some reason I always associated Carl Philip and Madeleine being very close but it seems that he's also close with Victoria. I wish I saw more pictures of Madeleine and Victoria as close siblings. I think this is when older sister and younger sister roles kick in. I have an older sister and sometimes we're really good friends and other times we just want to wring each other's necks. It seems like this tends to happen between sisters. Does anybody understand what I am saying? :D

Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine together at...

The Kings birthday 1993

from ullstain

Piewi said:
No, they are not children anymore, but for their parents they always will be the babies! All parents aare like that.

lol...not really actually.... the king just said in an interview.."The youngsters, or children, change all the time. And as a parent, it’s about feeling the balance and change together, with respect for both sides. In many parent’s eyes the children are always children. But now they are youths."

its a long time since the king n the queen started to refer to their kids as the "youngsters"

swedishme said:
lol...not really actually.... the king just said in an interview.."The youngsters, or children, change all the time. And as a parent, it’s about feeling the balance and change together, with respect for both sides. In many parent’s eyes the children are always children. But now they are youths."

its a long time since the king n the queen started to refer to their kids as the "youngsters"

In which interview has he said that? Slowly they are making progress in growing/changing with their children. In 2003 Silvia corrected herself, when she talked about her children wanting to improve their german in the future. Firstly she said, that children learn languages very fast...then she said, that one can´t say children anymore and has to speak of youngsters (she said "Jugendliche", which means actually Teenagers) :D ;)
IMO those youngsters are in reproduction-age for some years now. They aren´t soooooooo young anymore

Lena said:
In which interview has he said that? Slowly they are making progress in growing/changing with their children. In 2003 Silvia corrected herself, when she talked about her children wanting to improve their german in the future. Firstly she said, that children learn languages very fast...then she said, that one can´t say children anymore and has to speak of youngsters (she said "Jugendliche", which means actually Teenagers) :D ;)
IMO those youngsters are in reproduction-age for some years now. They aren´t soooooooo young anymore

That's why Victoria and Daniel are heading the thread "Which Royal Couples Should Get Married" :D

Lena said:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f22/interviews-members-royal-family-1771-3.html

in an interview posted there...

well the swedish world "ungdommarna" as they keep sayin can be translated both to youngsters n teenagers...(tho teenagers got its "own" word too)

Victoria and Carl Philip playing in their "backyard" at Drottningholm sometime in 1982

caps from Året med Kungafamiljen/SVT

Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine with some of their friends (I see Caroline Svedin, Peder Dinkelspiel and Leoni Gillberg...) at the concert at the palace just before midnight on December 31st 1999. Robyn was one of the performers and it seems like the royals liked her show :)

photos from SVT

Last edited by a moderator:
sometime in the late 80´s during the annual meeting with the press just before christmas, the royal family head for the kitchen and made sausages.
Victoria told everyone what to do and it was clear who was the boss in the family :)

caps from Året med kungafamiljen / SVT

In the summer of 1987 the King took his family to Ottenby on Öland to watch the birds. Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine had some friends with them and had alot of fun...

from the party in Tullgarn 2005
(photos from dpa)

TULLGARN 050910 - Princess Madeleine and her boyfriend Jonas Bergstroem arrive to the big party that crownprincess Victoria , princess Madeleine and prince Carl-Philip arranged for their friends.

TULLGARN 050910 - Prince Carl-Phlip welcome guests to the big party that crownprincess Victoria , princess Madeleine and prince Carl-Philip arranged for their friends.

Since its been so quiet on the royal front lately I thought it was time for some old photos of the sibs

Here they are, having a great time at Gröna Lund in Stockholm, june 1994

caps from "Året med kungafamiljen" / SVT

soCal girl said:
I was looking through this thread again and I realize Carl Philip and Victoria also look really close. For some reason I always associated Carl Philip and Madeleine being very close but it seems that he's also close with Victoria. I wish I saw more pictures of Madeleine and Victoria as close siblings. I think this is when older sister and younger sister roles kick in. I have an older sister and sometimes we're really good friends and other times we just want to wring each other's necks. It seems like this tends to happen between sisters. Does anybody understand what I am saying? :D

Although I am an only child, I understand what you are saying based on stories from my friends who have siblings.:) It does seem like Carl Philip is very close to both sisters. As for the two sisters, I wish there were more photos of them as close siblings also...it's kind of like Carl Philip is a buffer between the two of them. But that's just a random thought - I'm sure they're all very close to one another.:D

ShksprNLov said:
Although I am an only child, I understand what you are saying based on stories from my friends who have siblings.:) It does seem like Carl Philip is very close to both sisters. As for the two sisters, I wish there were more photos of them as close siblings also...it's kind of like Carl Philip is a buffer between the two of them. But that's just a random thought - I'm sure they're all very close to one another.:D

Carl Phillip is the middle child so he has to act as a referee between Victoria and Madeleine, besides he's the only male so I can only wonder what have him been through their teen years:rolleyes:

I have a much older sister (12 years my senior) and it's just the both of us, sometimes we are really good friends and other times...well we're not;) :D

what is with madde's neckbrace she has as a necklace i really think she overdresses on every oscasion

victoria and madeleine being girls in the family gang up on him and boss him around a lot , give him fashion tips and what not

good photo there of all three of looking relaxed and very happy sort of

Photo postcards by: Toni Sica
runyq1.jpg

ruo0no.jpg

ruo0vc.jpg

My website about Monaco's Casiraghi
http://charlottemaripomeline.web-log.nl/

How many dogs does the SRF have and what are their names? I know they had a yellow labrador named Jambo who posed with Madeleine for her 18th birthday photos and with Victoria in the Vanity Fair shoot. I think it's adorable how they include the dogs in their photos since they're like part of the family.

towsend said:
Photo postcards by: Toni Sica
Very lovely postcards, Townsend, maybe they will be put into the family group pics thread like last time ;) seems you did not notice that, did you? :) I sometimes wish some other royals would have been photographed that often as well..

i hope that we will see some new group photos of the siblings

Yea, i hope this also.
Its quite nice to see those photos.
But in my opinion, its more interesting to see newer photos.
mmh, but it also would be nice to see a row of picture over time from the birth to now.
But i understand that there are so many photos you cannot diced which one you take.

Back
Top Bottom