Royal Transportation (Cars, Carriages, etc)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fabiana Ramos said:
Hi,
I would like some informations about Prince Carl Philip.Do they have one?
A car? Yes he has a car. I think its a Lexus, just like his sisters

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=131520&d=1114370948
This car, a Lexus, has now been sold because of Madeleine beeing in the states. The new owner, a man living on Östermalm, says the car is very nice.

Imo its odd to sell a car just because you are away for 6 months.
Martin Melin at the royal mews says:
- There are other cars available when, and if, she gets back from the states.
IF? Hello, does she intend to spend her life over there or what?

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/story/0,2789,810314,00.html

Last edited by a moderator:
No Yennie I seriously doubt Princess Madeleine palns on spending her life away from Sweden. I think when she gets back in the summer she will buy a new car! That is what I think she will do anyway.

Gita said:
No Yennie I seriously doubt Princess Madeleine palns on spending her life away from Sweden. I think when she gets back in the summer she will buy a new car! That is what I think she will do anyway.
I agree... but why buy a new car already?! She bought it like 3 years ago and its a very good car... but oh well :rolleyes:

Madeleine's car was leased from Lexus and since noone's using it it's only natural to cancel the contract.

Daneborn said:
Madeleine's car was leased from Lexus and since noone's using it it's only natural to cancel the contract.
true, but for six months? But perhaps Madeleine has a newer and cooler car in sight :D

I see she leased the car or the Royal Court did. I think Princess Madeleine will wait until arriving back to Sweden in the summer before deciding on leasing/buying a new car.

King Carl Gustaf has bought a Ferrari 599 GTB. He was driving it last weekend when he went to see Carl Philip racing in STCC.
Torbjörn von Braun has worked with sports car for over 30 years. He went many times to Drottningholm with different cars and tells: The king got to test drive some different cars. He is very interested in engines and automobiles. Now that he would buy a new car, he wanted to be really sure of his choice. Eventually it became this Ferrari. A very nice car. As new, it cost a little over 2 million. Now the prices are around 800 000 SEK.
The king bought the Ferrari in June. He had previously owned a dark blue Ferrari 456 MGT. He gave the old car in change. The director of the press department, Margareta Thorgren, says that it is the king's private car which he bought with his own money.
Här är kungens nya värstingleksak Allt om bilar Expressen
Translation

Expressen wrotes that the court has ordered four Volvo XC90 cars. One of them is from model First Edition, made only 1927 cars, that will go to the king and numbered as 1.
Kungen har beställt nya Volvo XC90 Allt om bilar Expressen

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: LadyFinn, Thank you for including the three pictures of the superb royal carriages. I will take a duplicate of each.

At the Youtube channel of The Royal Palaces was this morning published this video:

Join in a tour with The Royal Stables' Daimler DE27 Limousine and hear driver Martin Forsén tell you about The Royal Stables' oldest car, which was ordered by Gustaf V and has been used ever since. Like 10 years ago, on June 19, 2010. Then Martin Forsén drove the King and Crown Princess to the Cathedral where the marriage between Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel took place.
Martin Forsén tells at the video that also the King's sisters, queen Silvia, prince Bertil and princess Lilian have been driven to their wedding with this Daimler. Every time Forsén has been out on a drive with the Daimler or the Stables' other veteran car Cadillac, the cars are washed and dried and put to their little car museum, Sibylla's garage. With the car has only been driven 4400 miles.

Last edited:
At the Youtube channel of The Royal Palaces was this morning published this video:

Join in a tour with The Royal Stables' Daimler DE27 Limousine and hear driver Martin Forsén tell you about The Royal Stables' oldest car, which was ordered by Gustaf V and has been used ever since. Like 10 years ago, on June 19, 2010. Then Martin Forsén drove the King and Crown Princess to the Cathedral where the marriage between Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel took place.
Martin Forsén tells at the video that also the King's sisters, queen Silvia, prince Bertil and princess Lilian have been driven to their wedding with this Daimler. Every time Forsén has been out on a drive with the Daimler or the Stables' other veteran car Cadillac, the cars are washed and dried and put to their little car museum, Sibylla's garage. With the car has only been driven 4400 miles.

What a great video! I so do hope they do a similar video of some of the older cars in the Royal Mews in the UK at some stage.

About the Coronation carriage at Youtube of The Royal Armoury

On Tuesday evening, King Carl Gustaf arrived at the Chinese Pavilion in Stockholm to get a preview of Konstfack's exhibition "Going elsewhere – Material Interpretations of the Chinese Paviliont" - and he did it in a real roar.
It is no secret that the king likes cars and driving fast.
In his possession are already a Shelby Mustang, an AC Cobra, a De Tomaso Pantera, Ferrari 599 GTB and a Porsche 911 Targan.
And since May last year, the king also has the shiny blue BMW he arrived in: an M8 Competition Coupé. The luxury car has a V8 engine with 625 horsepower and a price tag of SEK 1.7 million.
https://static.cdn-expressen.se/images/70/22/7022c314aa6b4c528755562ae99c3ed8/16x9/1280@60.jpg
Kungens nya bil_ En BMW M8

The King's AC Cobra (1966) at the Enthusiast Vehicle exhibition in Solliden in 2019.
https://www.sjobergbildbyra.se/foto...bergwatermarkbottom.tif.xN7g1NpPVMS5ki-ym.jpg

The King's De Tomaso Pantera at the Enthusiast Vehicle exhibition in Solliden in 2019.
https://www.sjobergbildbyra.se/foto...bergwatermarkbottom.tif.xic1jVo7cHEvFaoWn.JPG

Last edited:
The King's boat "Polaris", which is in Sainte Maxime and used when the royal family members are at Villa Mirage.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

The King's boat "Ancylus", which is used when the royal family is on Öland.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...mS4Uc/s1600/Kamerabilder+207AncylusMagn-1.jpg

Victoria and Daniel's boat which they bought in 2019.

Last edited:
King Carl XVI Gustaf is a real car fan. Today, His Majesty owns an incredible car collection worth close to SEK 25 million.
The latest addition is a new BMW M8 Competition for about 1.7 million.

King Carl Gustaf's collection:
BMW M8 Competition 2020
Ford Mustang 1965
Pontiac Tempest GTO Conv 1966
De Tomaso Pantera 1971
AC Cobra 1966
Porsche 911 T Targa 1973
Volvo PV 60 1946
Honda CM 400 T NC01 1983
Ford Mustang Shelby 1966
Jeep Grand Wagoneer 1989
Ferrari 599 GTB 2007
Kungens häftiga bilsamling - Värd 25 miljoner _ Fordonsbolaget
Translation

The Armed Forces at its website:
The Royal Barge Vasaorden is renovated
The Royal Barge Vasaorden is in for a thorough renovation. It was built during the years 1921 to 1923 and is an exact copy of the Royal Barge from 1774, which burned down in 1921. The original Vasaorden was designed by the famous shipbuilder Fredrik Henrik af Chapman for Gustav III.
- It is so fun that we are now renovating the Royal Barge when she is 98 years old. This means that she will be in top condition for her 100th birthday in 2023, says Anders Hörnfeldt at the Marine Staff.
Renovating soon 100 years old wooden boat is completely natural, it must be done with all older boats. They are often worn after a lot of use. Vasaorden has been used quite rarely - and that is not good for a wooden boat either.
- The first Vasaorden was 147 years old. The current barge will turn 100 years old in June 2023. With the thorough renovation that is now being carried out, she will have no problem getting older than 147 years and it is 2070. Then you can think about what is original and what is a replica, smiles Anders Hörnfeldt.
The royal family uses Vasaorden at official ceremonies. The last time Vasaorden was used was in 2010, at Victoria and Daniel's wedding. Then Anders Hörnfeldt was the commander of the eighteen rowers.
The next occasion when Vasaorden will be used is not planned. Only the king can decide when that will happen.
Kungaslupen Vasaorden renoveras - Försvarsmakten

King Carl Gustaf's Volvo PV60 that was given to him on his 50th birthday 1996. The car is now at the Volvo Museum in Gothenburg. King Carl Gustaf uses the car at Svenska Kungsrallyt/The King's Rally on Öland.

At the Youtube Channel of The Royal Palaces

The Gala Barouche of The Royal Stables: The wedding carriage of The Crown Princess
Markus Henriksson, the cavalry driver of The Royal Stables, shows off the Gala Barouche that was used at the Crown Princess couple's wedding in 2010. The carriage (made in 1901 in Stockholm) can be seen at The Royal Stables in connection with the tour.
The Gala Barouche is used also at the state visits as the first carriage and on the National Day the Crown Princess Family is taken to Skansen with it.

The Royal Barge Vasaorden has been renovated and will be used at The Stockholm City Hall 100 years Anniversary Dinner in the evening of June 22.
The King and Queen arrive at the City Hall for the Anniversary dinner with Vasaorden.
Vasaorden was transported from Berga to Kungsholmen on June 12, where she was launched in Riddarfjärden.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CtZKBLVtRrN/

Vasaorden was seen at rowing rehearsals on June 15:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CtgTfkMsDUP/

Back
Top Bottom