Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 3: December 2005 - October 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it very lovely how all the royal "children" assist Princess Lilian. At her age she is probably becoming someswhat unsteady on her feet and one or another of V, CP or M have a firm grip of her hand and arm.

Thursday 9/2
> T.M. The King & Queen, H.R.H. The Crown Princess, H.R.H. Prince Carl Philip, H.R.H. Princess Lilian
Official Dinner
The Royal Palace of Stockholm

finally.. more from facetoface

Attachments

• 00860380.jpg
    00860380.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 182
  • 00860381.jpg
    00860381.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 222
  • 00860382.jpg
    00860382.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 262
  • 00860383.jpg
    00860383.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 223
  • 00860385.jpg
    00860385.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 196
  • 00860384.jpg
    00860384.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 287
  • 00860387.jpg
    00860387.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 242
  • 00860388.jpg
    00860388.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Thanks for the nice pictures from the gala yesterday!

The queen and crownprincess looks happy.

Thank you for the pictures, purple_platinum and Adry.
Good idea to recycle this dress...it´s one of Victoria´s better ones and I could never understand, why she recycled some of the obviously uglier ones again and again, but not this one.
Is it just me, or does Victoria look, as if she would have a fresh holiday-tan?

Thanks to everyone who posted the lovely pictures! I also like the dress that Crown Princess Victoria wore yesterday evening, that red shiny colour is just fantastic and it really suits her!

Princess Lilian looked sweet and dashing as always, and Prince Carl Philip was every bit the handsome man he is :)

The press release from the Royal Court about this dinner tells us that the menu consisted of fried sea crayfish tails with celery purée, steam cooked halibut in mango leafs and brandade of cod, whole roasted fillet of calf reindeer, duck liver soufflé and caramelised black roots. For dessert a Litchi sorbet with exotic fruits and sesame crackers was served.

The King led the wife of the Speaker of the Parliament, Mrs Madeleine von Sydow, to the table, and had the Ambassador of Romania to Sweden, H.E. Mrs Victoria Popescu, on his other side. The Queen was lead to the table by the Speaker of the Parliament, Mr Björn von Sydow, and had the Minister for Industry and Trade, Mr Thomas Östros, on her other side.

The Minister for Trade and Industry in his turn lead the Crown Princess to the table, and she had the Ambassador of Israel to Sweden, H.E. Mr Eviatar Manor, on her right side. Prince Carl Philip lead the Ambassador of Romania to Sweden, H.E. Mrs Victoria Popescu, to the table, and had the Minister for Defence, Leni Björklund, on his other side. Princess Lilian was lead to the table by the Marshal of the Realm, Mr Ingemar Eliasson, and she had the Speaker of the Parliament, Mr Björn von Sydow, on her other side.

I am so jealous of your minister of defence ;) The boy was looking oh-so-fine!

Dress

I like the dress Crown Princess Victoria wore, it is nice to see her wear it again.

I love her hair down in curls, it looks lovely.

several more from Goff photos

Victoria is looking very beautiful... i love the curly hair, and the dress is gorgeous...

King Carl Gustaf 60th Birthday three day and her family Bernadotte come his 60th birthday!

Count Carl and Gunnila Bernadotte(Carl Johan is uncle to Carl Gustaf)
King Carl Gustafs cousiner Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik,Crown prince Fredrik and Crown Princess Mary,prince Joachim. Princess Benedikte and husband Richard,Ex-Queen Anne-Marie of Greece and husband Ex-King Konstantin.They family is cousiner to King Carl Gustafs 60th Birthday.

King Henri and wife Teresa of Luxemburg. Crown prince Charles and his wife Camilla,Crown prince William come to Swedens king Carl Gustafs 60th birthday. Queen Beatrix and royal family of Holland. Royal family of Belgium.Prince August and princess Caroline,King Albert of Monaco.King Harald and Queen Sonja,Crown prince Haakon and Crown princess Mette-Marit come to Sweden his king Carl Gustaf 60th Birthday!!! Royal family of Spain come to Sweden of april kings 60th!

From magazine Se and Hör last Week.

King Carl Gustaf 60th Birthday 30 april 2006. His royal family of Bernadotte come to his 60th Birthday.

Count Carl Johan and Countess Gunnila Bernadotte(Carl Johan is uncle to King Carl Gustaf,he is 89 year).

Cousin: Queen Margrethe and prince Henrik,Crown prince Frederik and Crown princess Mary,Prince Joachim of Denmark.
Ex-queen Anne Marie and EX-King Konstantin,family of Creece. Princess Benedikte and prince Richard,family of Berleburg.

Relatives royal family: prince Henri and Princess Teresa of Luxemburg,perhaps his son Guillaume (oldest children to Prince Henri and Teresa.)
Royal family of Belgium: King Albert and queen Paola,family.Royal family of Norway: King Harald and queen Sonja,Crown prince Haakon and Crown princess Mette-Marit.

Royal quest: King Albert and sister princess Caroline his husband August of Hannover.Queen Beatrix and royal family of Holland.King Carlos and Queen Sophia,royal family of Spain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jose said:
King Henri and wife Teresa of Luxemburg. Crown prince Charles and his wife Camilla,Crown prince William come to Swedens king Carl Gustafs 60th birthday. Queen Beatrix and royal family of Holland. Royal family of Belgium.Prince August and princess Caroline,King Albert of Monaco.King Harald and Queen Sonja,Crown prince Haakon and Crown princess Mette-Marit come to Sweden his king Carl Gustaf 60th Birthday!!! Royal family of Spain come to Sweden of april kings 60th!

Wow that would be great if it´s true that William would come with Charles and Camilla to the Kings 60th birthday. Has he ever been to any such event outside of Great Britain? The guestlist looks really good if it is correct.

rop81 said:
Wow that would be great if it´s true that William would come with Charles and Camilla to the Kings 60th birthday. Has he ever been to any such event outside of Great Britain? The guestlist looks really good if it is correct.

Yeah, if the guestlist is correct then every other royal would be there and we would be in royal heaven, but ¿where did you take this from Jose?

King Carl Gustav of Sweden (R) and Prince Carl Philip attend the Closing Ceremony of the Turin 2006 Winter Olympic Games on February 26, 2006 at the Olympic Stadium in Turin, Italy.

from getty

Attachments

• 56942474.jpg
    56942474.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 263
Funny look: sporty jacket, with tie & suit underneath:rolleyes: :D

King Carl Gustav and Prince Carl Philip during the Hockey Men`s finale, Sweden vs Finland

from abaca

Attachments

• 465763.jpg
    465763.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 350
  • 465762.jpg
    465762.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 349
  • 465761.jpg
    465761.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 279
  • 465738.jpg
    465738.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 333
Last edited:
fanletizia said:
King Carl Gustav and Prince Carl Philip during the Hockey Men`s finale, Sweden vs Finland

from abaca

A good game for the King and Carl Philip to be in the audience for! I bet they went wild when the Swedes won! :)

I know that their apparel is the same as those worn by the Swedish athletes, but those yellow pants aren't flattering on anybody! They make me think that they are walking bananas! :D However, from the waist up, Carl Philip looks very good! ;)

Oh, Carl Philip. You really are cute but I would love it if you could cut your hair. :D BTW, with the black tops and yellow pants, Carl Philip looks like a bee. Glad to see the King and Carl Philip getting involved though and not really caring about the cameras or what they looked like. In one pic, Carl Philip kind of looks...well drunk. :D

soCal girl said:
Oh, Carl Philip. You really are cute but I would love it if you could cut your hair. :D BTW, with the black tops and yellow pants, Carl Philip looks like a bee. Glad to see the King and Carl Philip getting involved though and not really caring about the cameras or what they looked like. In one pic, Carl Philip kind of looks...well drunk. :D

:D Maybe, that hair cut was his hommage to the Hockey players...one can´t say, they have generally great and short hairdos :rolleyes:
But now the games are over...and a state visit is waiting...time for scissors, I would say :cool:

Nice to see the reactions of the King and his son at the hockey game.

Stellad

Congratulations of Sweden....

also a few from the men's final hockey match from dpa

I kind of like the yellow pants esp. together with the black top, but Carl-Philip desperatly needs a hair cut, it´s several years overdue now...

About the Hockey final it was soo exciting I could not sit still in front of the tv, and in the last minutes i was ready to faint! But it went ok :D Today the hockey heroes returned to Sweden and was welcomened by huge crowds as it should be.

I totally disagree about Carl-Philip needing a haircut. He is one of the few european princes who has a bit more "interesting" haircut (most of his "colleagues" have this rather dull average male haircut).
His structure of hair is as beautiful as his mother´s, the Queen, and if there is a person who can afford it to have it like this, he can! It would be a great shame if he would have it cut off!

a couple more of King Carl Gustav with Prince Carl-Philip watching the ice-hockey final in torino (from dpa)

purple_platinum said:
a couple more of King Carl Gustav with Prince Carl-Philip watching the ice-hockey final in torino (from dpa)
Thanks Jess, on that last picture it looks like Prince Carl Philip is shaking it (aka dancing)! :D

Last edited:
Is it possible to post some kind of pics from the closing ceremony in Turino?

GrandDuchess said:
Welcome to The Royal Forums, I hope you will like it here! And thank you, we Swedes (the King included) are mighty proud of our national hockey team Tre Kronor!

TACK! HVALA!
Thank you. I like visiting this forum, because royals aren't very popular subject in Croatia, so all I want to know I find it here.
Hope you all Swedes celebrate gold medal at same way as we did when Janica Kostelić wins here gold and silver medal at this OG.

I love the photos of the King and Princes Carl Philip. They look like the had a great time.:D Congrats to Sweden on the win.

the photos are very funny and good victory of sweden !!!

The current issue of Point de vue has coverage of the death of Queen Silvia's brother.

Photo from pointdevue.fr

Attachments

• silvia.jpg
    silvia.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 365
Closed

This thread has come to its 10 pages now, so it’s time to start up a new one. A big thanks to everyone who has participated in this one, I hope to see you all over in the next one!

The new thread, The Royal Family's Current Events Part 6 can be found here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom