Queen Silvia and Princess Madeleine & Family Visit to Rome, Italy: April 26-27, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kingen

Serene Highness
City
Kristianstad
Country
Sweden
Queen Silvia and Princess Madeleine & Family Visit to Rome, Italy: April 26-27, 2015

Queen Silvia will make a visit to Rome, according to the Royal Court Calendar, between April 26-27. No further information about the visit is available what I can see.

Does anyone know or heard about this visit before, and what the purpose of the visit is?

http://www.kungahuset.se/kalender.4...alender_slutdatum=&kalender_slutdatum_submit=

Last edited:
Queen Silvia will make a visit to Rome, according to the Royal Court Calendar, between April 26-27. No further information about the visit is available what I can see.

Does anyone know or heard about this visit before, and what the purpose of the visit is?

Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

I haven't found any more information about this visit yet. We just have to wait...

Oh that's great! I really feel like seeing them again! Especially Chris:flowers:

It is interesting that Madeleine and Chris were added to attend only today, though the queen's trip has been at the calendar at least for 10 days.

At the trip they will meet the pope and attend at a seminar about trafficking.
Madeleine och Chris åker med Silvia till Rom Svensk Damtidning
Translation

The court has had a habit of doing this for quite a while now....first adding The King or Queens (or both) names to an event and then adding other attendees later....for ex the events in Denmark were added to the King and Queens calender pages about a week before Victorias and Daniels names were added for the 16th of April, Ive also noticed this for the official dinners.....in a way its good because it decreases the chances of cancellation, besides the director of the press department said in March that Princess Madeleine has things planned for the spring...so I guess this was one of them

Queen Silvia visits Rome and participates in a seminar against trafficking

On Monday, April 27, Queen Silvia and Princess Madeleine with family visit Vatican. The Queen and Princess Madeleine participate in the seminar against trafficking.
At 10:00 Pope Francis receives the Queen, Princess Madeleine, Mr. Christopher O'Neill and Princess Leonore in an audience.
In the afternoon Queen Silvia opens the seminar "Human Trafficking with Special Focus on Children". The seminar will be held at the premises of the Pontifical Academy of Sciences premises.
Drottning Silvia besöker Rom och medverkar i seminarium mot trafficking - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

They are all making this trip and meeting with the Pope, said Margareta Thorgren to Expressen.
How is it that Chris O'Neill must follow with?
- It fits into his schedule and the trip is something everyone is looking very much forward to, said Thorgren.
It is far from Queen Silvia's first visit to the Vatican, but the first meeting with the current Pope Francis. One of the topics at the meeting will be human trafficking.
Madeleine och Chris ska träffa påven Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Expressen has a poll: Who would you like to meet; The Pope, Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill or Crown princess Victoria.
At the moment 53 % has answered Victoria, 34 % the Pope, 10 % Madeleine and 3 % Chris.

Last edited:
:previous: Will the audience be private? I guess so...

The press release says that the Vatican allows max six media representatives to the audience, max three of them can be photographers. The media representatives that can not attend the audience may be present at the courtyard of San Damaso at Queen's and the Princess family's arrival to the audience and on departure from the audience.

Press release from the Ministry of Health and Social Affairs about the queen's, and Madeleine's family's trip to Rome:

Minister Åsa Regnér is one of the invited speakers at the seminar "Human Trafficking with Special Focus on Children" organized by the Pontifical Academy of Sciences together with the Swedish Embassy in Rome.

Times in the program when the accredited media are welcome to attend
Sunday, April 26
20:00 Queen Silvia receives the "European Humanitate Prize" at the German Embassy at the Holy See.

Monday, April 27
10:00 Audience with Pope Francis in Vatican
14:30 to 16:30 Seminar "Trafficking with a Special Focus on Children"
Minister for Children, the Elderly and Gender Equality Åsa Regnér gives her speech at. 15:00
16:55 to 17:20 Press conference with Queen Silvia and Åsa Regnér
19:00 Photo opportunity in connection with the Swedish delegation eat dinner with UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon at the Swedish Embassy in Rome.
Statsråd Åsa Regnér besöker Vatikanen och talar vid seminarium om trafficking
Translation

Last edited:
Queen Silvia is already on Sunday in Rome, but tomorrow she gets an audience with Pope Francis in Vatican City. It will be a special trip when the Queen has with her a part of the family - Madeleine, Chris and Leonore. Chris O'Neill, who usually doesn't participate in the royal program to any great extent now had a gap in his schedule and comes to the Vatican. Madeleine and Chris come directly from a week's holiday in London at Chris's mother Eva and also bring their daughter Leonore.
- It will be extremely interesting and instructive to get there on this trip, says the Queen.
The main purpose of the trip is a seminar on trafficking in human beings, and especially with children - a subject that touches the queen much:
- Trafficking is a terrible and serious problem. It is increasing and we need to open our eyes to this. There are now official figures of over 1.2 million children in trafficking. It is unpleasant. Moreover, this is probably not the right number. There are probably many unreported.
Silvia pays tribute to the Pope for the meeting:
- I think this seminar is a fantastic initiative by the pope. It is important to grasp this problem and get more people to realize it. That is why that the pope does it so extremely important.
How will it be to meet with the Pope?
- Interesting. We have many topics to talk about, but above all this human trafficking. I am looking forward to this. So does the princess and the rest of the family.
The Queen is well aware of the great "anti-terrorism" operations that the Italian police have carried out in Rome against an armed organization to have been inspired by the terrorist network al-Qaeda. According to the Italian police, they have planned an attack on the Vatican in 2010.
Is the Queen worried before the trip to the Vatican?
- I follow the developments and we will discuss it at home.
Margareta Thorgren from the press department:
- The travel plans of Queen and the Princess have not changed in view of what has taken place in Rome. They shall as planned attend the seminar and meet with the Pope on Monday.
Kors i taket, Leonore följer med till påven _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

Last edited:
Ihre Majestät Königin Silvia von Schweden erhält Europäischen Kulturpreis Pro Humanitate für ihr soziales Engagement Europäische Kulturstiftung Pro Europa
Translation

Svensk Damtidning's reporter Anna von Koch met queen Silvia when she arrived to the German Embassy to get the ”European Humanitate Prize”. "It is very nice to be here", the queen said. The prize is awarded Queen Silvia for her great efforts and dedication for both children and adolescents and the elderly. The European Humanitate Prize is merely an honorary award and does not contain any money. Pro Europe annually awards several prizes in the various cultural fields. The Prize was awarded to the Queen on a proposal by Pro Europe's Honorary Chairman, Dr. Ernst Seidl.
Drottning Silvia tar emot pris i Italien _ Svensk Damtidning
Translation

Short video
https://instagram.com/p/18spkEpLFi/

http://iconosquare.com/p/972215675716415551_1326282347

Short video of the children singing to the queen
http://iconosquare.com/p/971857318056866521_1326282347

Queen Silvia gave small Dala Horses to the children who sang to her at the German Embassy
http://iconosquare.com/p/971942354484955535_343083809
http://iconosquare.com/p/971946460117908655_1490570430

Silvia tog emot pris vid ceremoni i Rom _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

Drottningen tog emot pris inför påvemötet _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet

Galleries
APA-Picturedesk
Kuninkaalliskuvat _ Kuningatar Silvia palkittiin lasten ja nuorten hyväksi tekemästään työstä _ Lehtikuva _ lehtikuva.fi

Last edited:
Short video from Svensk Damtidning from the arrival to meet the Pope
Instagram photo by @svenskdamtidning (Svensk Damtidning) | Iconosquare

The queen is discussing with the Pope about trafficking. Soon Madeleine and her family are coming to greet the Pope.
Instagram photo by @svenskdamtidning (Svensk Damtidning) | Iconosquare

According to Expressen's reporter Malin Roos, the queen had a 20 minutes talk with the Pope about trafficking. The article is updated, there is also a photo of Madeleine and family with the Pope. The royal family gave the Pope Queen Silvia's Prayer Book, Victoria's Prayer Book, princess Estelle's Prayer Book, a framed photo of the Queen and a crystal vase.
Här träffar drottningen påven i Vatikanen _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

Påven tog emot våra svenska kungligheter _ Svensk Damtidning
Translation

The Pope gave Leonore a keyring
http://iconosquare.com/p/972275194223964974_1326282347
http://iconosquare.com/p/972276065859056439_1326282347

Last edited:
So they did not all come in together? So what's Madde's role if only the Queen talks to the pope about trafficking? Just shake hands and show off Leonore?

Chris could have brought her in a bit later.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Both the Queen and Madeleine goes all in when it comes to dressing for the occasion. Interestingly enough more so than a few Catholic royal ladies have done lately when meeting the Pope.

I don't understand why the little girl is presented to the pope when they are not catholic? Madeleine & Sylvia makes sense but why drag Chris !!! He doesn't look that impressed.

Both the Queen and Madeleine goes all in when it comes to dressing for the occasion. Interestingly enough more so than a few Catholic royal ladies have done lately when meeting the Pope.

Yes I noticed that,the dresscode seemed to be a bit more formal than previous royal audiences with the Holy Father.

Princess Estelle's first nanny (who was also Victoria's nanny) Elisabeth Zimmermann took care of Leonore after meeting with the Pope.
https://instagram.com/p/1-cwvAJLMj/?taken-by=svenskdamtidning

"We must ensure that our children are protected since the day they are born", said queen Silvia.
Silvia_ _Måste göra våra röster hörda_ _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

Leonore fick en puss av påven _ Hovbloggen

The queen, Madeleine and the Minister for Children, the Elderly and Gender Equality Åsa Regnér at the press meeting.
http://iconosquare.com/p/972498878905758141_1326282347

Video of the queen's meeting with the Pope, from Centro Televisivo Vaticano
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxQ_f7nAXGI

Last edited:
Silvia and Madeleine are lutherans, so how do they address to the pope, "Your Holiness"? :ermm:

Back
Top Bottom