The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-01-2005, 11:56 AM
Courtier

New Pics

PRINCESS MADELEINE and PRINCE CARL PHILIP arriving for the 90th birthday party for Princess Lilian.

They make the best husbands!!!!!!
Old 09-01-2005, 12:14 PM
Courtier

I'm not sure if these pictures were posted yet :o ...Newscom...QUEEN SILVIA and CROWN PRINCESS VICTORIA arriving for the 90th birthday party for Princess Lilian.

They make the best husbands!!!!!!
Old 09-01-2005, 12:31 PM
Courtier

Smile Dresses

I love both Queen Silvia's and Crown Princess Victoria's dresses. The Queen looked particularly lovely. :)
Old 09-01-2005, 02:07 PM
Serene Highness

many thanks for posting the lovely pics from the queen and crown princess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runaway princess
I'm not sure if these pictures were posted yet :o ...Newscom...QUEEN SILVIA and CROWN PRINCESS VICTORIA arriving for the 90th birthday party for Princess Lilian.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:21 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by runaway princess
PRINCESS MADELEINE and PRINCE CARL PHILIP arriving for the 90th birthday party for Princess Lilian.

Madeleine is a vision in white! Carl Philip doesn't look to bad either!!!
Old 09-02-2005, 11:18 AM
Heir Apparent

King Carl XVI Gustaf, Queen Silvia, Crown Princess Victoria, Princess Madeleine, Prince Carl Philip - and birthday girl Princess Lilian - arrving for the private celebrations of Princess Lilian's 90th birthday 30 August 2005. The pictures are from Newscom.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lilian 90årsdag 2005_2.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	188626   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lilian 90årsdag 2005_3.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	188627   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lilian 90årsdag 2005_4.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	188628   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lilian 90årsdag 2005_6.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	188632  

Name:	Lilian 90årsdag 2005_7.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	188633   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lilian 90årsdag 2005_8.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	188634   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lilian 90årsdag 2005_9.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	188635   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lilian 90årsdag 2005_10.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	188636  

Name:	Lilian 90årsdag 2005_11.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	188637   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lilian 90årsdag 2005_12.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	188638  
Old 09-02-2005, 11:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Désirée & Baron Silfverschiöld, Peter Wallenberg, Princess Christina & husband Tord Magnusson, and Count Carl Johan & Countess Gunilla Bernadotte arrving for the private celebrations of Princess Lilian's 90th birthday 30 August 2005. The pictures are from Newscom.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Lilian 90årsdag 2005_13.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	188639   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lilian 90årsdag 2005_14.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	188640   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lilian 90årsdag 2005_15.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	188641   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lilian 90årsdag 2005_16.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	188642  

Old 09-04-2005, 02:18 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...live237736.jpg

Looks good. Nice smile. Nice hair. The dress is okay. Not a fan of the glasses though. The Queen looks great.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Translation by me of an Svenska Dagbladet article and interview by Omar Magnergård, published on 26 August on the occasion of Princess Lilian's 90th birthday. This article is not available as a link from SVD, but only PDF which I don't know how to link too, but you can find it under 26 August on this site.

Lilian is always ’on the go’

After three weeks with the Royal Family at Solliden, Princess Lilian is ‘on the go’ again. Flamenco festival at the House of Dance, smoking dinner at Nalen this past Wednesday where she awarded The Smile Prize to Sven Tumba, to Arlanda Airport on Saturday to meet her cousin Jean Beaumond, her only living relative, clothes designer Yuki, and a couple of other invitees to the birthday party.

- What it is and will happen, I have no idea about. Even Queen Silvia, whom I have daily contact with, is silent like a clam.

In her next breath, the Princess explains that she doesn’t wish for any present for her personally.
- I have most things. If someone on the other hand would like to give a little to SOS Children’s Villages, I would be happy.

She is their protector. For her 85th birthday, large sums came in to the organisation. Right now a Children’s Village is built in Ukraine. A project that takes up large amounts of money.

The day after the 90th birthday on Tuesday, there are no events on the schedule. But on Thursday the Norwegian Royal and Crown Princely Couple will arrive for a two-day visit. Then it’s time to be out and about again.

How does she have the energy?
- I think that the work – and laughter – keeps me somewhat young at mind. I don’t do gymnastics or exercise. But I do feel the same wish to help as my husband did.

She admits that she sometimes gets to hear that she should cut back on her commitments.
- And do what, she counters. Sit at home and roll the thumbs? Someone has to ‘look after the shop’. That’s how it is. And how many people can get a job at my age?

Her mother dies relatively young; no other relatives have reached her age.
- I do wonder where I go my genes.

She is smartly elegant, keen on clothes and style, almost always wears high heels, is friendly, talkative, often self ironic. She shows old cuttings, points at framed pictures of the royal children with written greetings, rejoices in the amount of white orchids in almost every room. She lives with her memories here in Villa Solbacken. But it doesn’t take over everyday life. She is too active to let that happened. She has her friends, and, as she says, her three “completely lovely nurses”. They take turns in living with her. This is after something that happened two and a half years ago.

The Princess had a cold, got pneumonia and slept and slept.
- When I woke up, Carl Gustaf, Silvia and the children stood at the bed, all deeply solemn. How dumb I felt. The Queen made sure that from that day on, that living alone was over for me.

- She is the most caring person I know. We are like two sisters. Friends wonder if I feel like a mother for Silvia. It is the opposite.

The Princess reads Swedish newspapers, watches Swedish television and copes with out language.
- When I have too, yes. My Swedish vocabulary is neither big nor perfect. In my circle, both with friends and the Royal Family, we always speak English. For me Swedish is a difficult language. Now it might be too late for language lessons.

The whole time during our conversation, Labrador Bingo is around her. He follows Lilian when we watch the roses in the garden, lies at her feet when she reads or watches TV, has his own “corner” with toys, and lets himself be spoiled with both English scones and Swedish cake on the plate.

Princess Lilian got him as a puppy from the Royal Couple the summer after Prince Bertil’s death.
- I have said it before, and gladly repeat it – a better and more loving company than a dog for a person who has become lonely is not possible to find.

She says that she feels alert, “not a day older than 80”, that she is continuously curious at life and that she wants to live for a long time yet. But she is not afraid to die.
- It is something natural. And I know that I will rest next to my beloved husband at Haga.

She was there last week, as usual put down little love notes and is glad that the grave is kept so nice.
- But of course, it feels enormously lonely out there, she confesses. Not a day passes without me thinking of Bertil.

Before we part, the Princess asks to thank the Swedish people in this way.
- You have received me, and do receive me, with such kindness. Wherever I go, people come up to me and say how much they appreciated Prince Bertil. Often I get to hear that I do a good job. Such things warms in an old hear, I assure you.

Picture from Svenska Dagbladet.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	90 år bild SVD.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	189670  
Old 09-05-2005, 02:55 PM
Courtier

Thanks GrandDuchess for the lovely interview with princess Lillian! She´s such an amazing lady, eveytime you see her on tv she smiles and laughs. She´s a wonderful rolemodel for the royal "children" and lets hope that she stays with us for many years to come.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:39 PM
Nobility

Princess Lilian 90th birthday guestlist

Princess Lilians guestlist 90th birthday 30 augusti!
King Carl Gustaf and Quen Silvia
Prince Carl Johan 89th birthday in october and wife Gunnila Bernadotte(Carl Johan is brother to death Prince Bertil married Princess Lilian.)
("grandchildren")Crown Princess Victoria,Princess Madeleine,Prince Carl Philip to grand-great auntie Princess Lilian.
(From Wales a cousin to Princess Lilian) Jean Beaumond and Princess Lilian
From England friend Ann Reid and Baroness Elisabeth Palmstierna
Old best friend baroness Maud De Geer to Princess Lilian(Mauds husband was best friend to Prince Beril).
Baroness Dagmar Von Arbin 90th birthday in april next year 2006,she born Bernadotte af Wisborg.
Friends Gerda Gadelius and Inga-Greta Håkansson is much many years friends to Princess Lilian in 1940.
From Kungsholm,Stockholm friend Marta Hultgren and husband Eric.
Friends Eva Wretman(She was married Tore Wretman death 2003,They was much friends to Princess Lilian and Prince Bertil),Actor Roger Moore and wife Kristina.
Goddaugheter Eva Wrede (to Princess Lilian) and his husband Peter
Friend Gunilla Nyström
Godson Gustave Misegaes (to Prince Beril)
Friend Dr Peter Wallenberg 80th birthday next year 2006.
(Brothersdaughter to Prince Bertil) Princess Desiree and husband Niclas Silfershiöld from Koberg,Västergötland
(Brothersdaughter to Prince Bertil) Princess Christina and husband Tord Magnusson
Princess Lilians interator decorator Pierre Hagström and Peter Raven

It was Princess Lilians 90th birthday guest on Waldemarsudde in Djurgården from swedish magazine Svensk Damtidning.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:15 AM
Majesty

in memary of the princess
Old 03-17-2013, 01:16 AM
Serene Highness

Many of the guests at princess Lilian's 90th birthday also attended her funeral, as being her personal friends.