Death and Funeral of Princess Lilian, Duchess of Halland: March 10 & 16, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

An Ard Ri

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
An Iarmhí
Country
Ireland
SwedenGreaterArmssmall.png

HRH Princess Lilian, Duchess of Halland

Death and Funeral

I'm opening this thread following the announcement that HRH Princess Lilian, Duchess of Halland has passed away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Lilian, Duchess of Halland Death and Funeral

The Swedish daily "Dagens Nyheter" reports tonight that Princess Lilian has passed away. There are no official statement from the Royal Court.

Prinsessan Lilian har avlidit - DN.SE

Sad news for the Swedish Royal Family,may she rest in peace.

I'm terribly sad. I always liked the Duchess of Halland.

May she's resting in peace, with Prince Bertil.

Sad news. RIP Princess Lilian. :sad: She is now re-united with her beloved husband Prince Bertil.
:easter:

Such sad news. RIP Princess Lilian. She will be greatly missed by her family

Lillian and Bertil - a true love story. RIP

Princess Lilian - the saddest Royal death so far in 2013.

I'm really sad. She was great. She and Prince Bertil had a true love story.

Last edited:
Oh my god, what a shock. May she rest in peace.

Rest In Peace Princess Lillian.

Good that she doesn't suffer anymore.

Countess Marianne Bernadotte tells to Expressen: "I was called by one of the family. I went to see Lilian a month ago in her home where she was cared for the whole time. I sat at her bedside and spoke to her. I do not know how much she understood because she was very fatigued. She was very tired, but it was not so strange because she was so old, 97 years old", says Marianne Bernadotte.

Countess Gunnila Bernadotte, whose husband count Carl-Johan died last year, was also called by the royal family: "Lilian and I were very good friends. She was a wonderful person, we had so much fun together. I knew her before she married Prince Bertil and I have visited Lillian every time I have been Stockholm. Unfortunately Lillian has been ill for many years", says Gunnila Bernadotte.
Lilians svägerska om sista mötet: "Var trött" | Nyheter | Expressen | Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV

Princess Lilian - the saddest Royal death so far in 2013.

I'm really sad. She was great. She and Prince Bertil had a true love story.

Sad news for the Swedish royal family. I truly admired her and Prince Bertil's love story. May she rest in peace.

She was a truly Grande Dame and will be terribly missed ...

May she rest in peace. She seemed such a lovely woman, and a very important person for the SRF.
I wish all them strengh after this loss.

RIP Princess Lilian, at last you are reunited with Prince Bertil.

:twohearts:

What a great age she lived to at 97. I don't know the background story of her romance with Prince Bertil, but I heard it was a true love story. My condolences to the Swedish royal family upon her passing.

What a great age she lived to at 97. I don't know the background story of her romance with Prince Bertil, but I heard it was a true love story. My condolences to the Swedish royal family upon her passing.
A brief information on their beautiful story here.

Really, really sad to hear of Princess Lilian's death; she was one of my favourite royals. May she rest in piece. :sad:
Death of Princess Lilian, Duchess of Halland

Oh so sad. I just read the announcement on facebook and I am really shocked now though it was to be expected with her being ill for several years already. She was a great lady and like a grandmother for Victoria and her siblings. They must be devastated. May she rest in peace !

I am deeply saddened to hear this news.. She was a very active royal up until she got ill. She lived a good and long life! My heart goes out to the Swedish royal family as well as Lilian's family!

King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia knew that Princess Lilian could pass away in any minute.
Therefore they arrived to visit Lilian on Saturday to say goodbye.
- Lilian meant so much to the royal family, especially the children, says a person close to the royal family to Expressen.
Crown Princess Victoria and Princess Madeleine went on Madeleine's hen party in the Alps on Friday.
- But Victoria was able to greet Lilian. I think Madeleine and Carl Philip also had time to say goodbye to her, says Expressen's source.

At Expressen's article also a small photo of Daniel in his car arriving home to Haga Palace after having heard from Lilian's death.
Kungen och Silvia tog farväl av Lilian i går Nyheter Expressen
Translation

A brief information on their beautiful story here.

Really, really sad to hear of Princess Lilian's death; she was one of my favourite royals. May she rest in piece. :sad:
Death of Princess Lilian, Duchess of Halland

Thank you for the background on Princess Lilian, Artemisia. That is indeed a truly romantic story; I can see that her death will leave a devastating gap in the Royal Family.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom