Princess Lilian Broke her Hip: August 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boris

Heir Presumptive
City
Los Angeles
Country
United States
Bad news about Princess Lilian:
After taking a fall in her apartment, she was taken to hospital last night and diagnosed with a broken hip. She will undergo surgery now - Link to an article (in Swedish):
Prinsessan Lilian akut till sjukhus - Nyheter - Expressen.se
At her age and being in frail health to begin with, this is really sad news. Expressen newspaper already speculates if the King and Queen might postpone their trip to the Olympics, which I consider very possible. They were supposed to arrive in China on August 15.
I just hope that the surgery will go well and that Princess Lilian has a complete recovery.

Boris, thanks for the update. It is really sad and hopefully she will recover.
They do not make them like her any more.......The fact that the King and Queen are putting their plans on hold does not look too good.

She had been living in the shadows for so long waiting for approval to marry Prince Bertil. She had quite a life!
I thought she was an actress and met Prince Bertil in London while he was in service.
I also remember the comments when she was not invited to be included in the formal photos at the wedding of CG & Silvia, because she was not a member of the Royal family.......:bang:

Oh dear Princess Lilian. This is very sad to hear. At this high age, having these will not put any good in it at all. I hope the operation will be going well, and she will be able to recover from it.

According to a press release from the Royal Court, Princess Lilian's surgery was successful today and she is doing well "considering the circumstances."
The King and Queen are already in Thailand by the way, on a private trip prior to going to the Olympics.

Boris said:
According to a press release from the Royal Court, Princess Lilian's surgery was successful today and she is doing well "considering the circumstances."

That does not sound too good. Given her age that fall is dangerous.
Poor thing. Are the royal children in Sweden?

Last edited by a moderator:
Crown princess Victoria is on a three-day-working-trip to Abisko, which is in northern Sweden.

Crown princess Victoria is on a three-day-working-trip to Abisko, which is in northern Sweden.

No matter one's circumstances and station in life, when the end may be near, one needs somebody close to them by their side. I feel so sad for P Lillian.

Yes, the timing is more unfortunate than it would usually be. Pincess Lilian is especially close to Queen Silvia - in one of her latest interviews, Lilian joked about their relationship, talking about their role reversal with Silvia rather mothering her than the other way around.
Can't be too easy for the Queen either, being expected to cheer her country's athletes and act joyful at the Olympics.

Silvia is a master in the art of being a Queen. She will pull through brilliantly. She did the same when her mother was ill and then with her brother as well.
To everyone who gets information please keep us posted.

According to Expressen, crown princess Victoria is very worried about princess Lilian, and she will fly today from Abisko to Stockholm to visit Lilian. Patrik Sommerlath, son of Queen Silvia´s brother, visited Lilian yesterday.
Expressen/Flyger hem till Lilian
According to Åsa Bönnelyche from Svensk Damtidning, princess Madeleine was seen yesterday afternoon pushing baby pram along with friend Katarina von Horn and her little 3-month baby Nathalie next Strandvägen in Stockholm.

That's just sad news and the princess is up in age I hope she gets better.And to make things ever harder around the time of the olympic games.

I am so sorry to hear this. I wish her good health and a fast recovery.

I hope that Princess Lilian will recover soon. She has great dignity and has made a really beautiful princess and has aged beautifully.

I don't know if Princess Lillian has any immediate family of her own outside of the Swedish royal family.
She is so fortunate that she is looked after and well taken care of after the death of her husband.

Expressen/På kungligt sjukhusbesök
Expressen tells that both crown princess Victoria and princess Christina have visited princess Lilian at the hospital during the weekend.
Nina Eldh, Director of the Information and Press Department of the swedish court says that princess Lilian is still in hospital, but the situation is calm and good. She has recovered well after the operation.

^That is good news. Hopefully she will be able to go back to her home soon.

Thats great to hear she is doing well, wish her a good recovery

That's sad news about her hip (my late grandfather has it too). I wish her all the best.

It is great the Princess is feeling better hopefully sometime this week she'll be able to go home.

im really happy to hear she is doing well, specialy her birteday is in next weeks , wish her a good recovery.

I'm glad to hear that Princess Lilian is doing rather well given the circumstances and hope that she will be home soon.

I also remember the comments when she was not invited to be included in the formal photos at the wedding of CG & Silvia, because she was not a member of the Royal family.......:bang:

The joys of Royal Protocol.......... :rolleyes:

Isn't it Lilian's birthday today? Will her birthday be celebrated?

Happy Birthday princess Lilian is 93!!! Good Healt!!! She is pretty aunt at royal family and big love at crown princess Victorias great-aunt or grandmother!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom