Princess Desiree and Family, Current Events Part 1: March 2003 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Josefine

Majesty
Country
Sweden
Princess Désirée Elisabeth Sibylla
born June 2. 1938
married: June 5. 1964 with Baron Niclas Silfverschiöld
(has the title Princess Désirée, Baroness Silfverschiöld)

their son: Carl Otto Edmund, born March 22.. 1965
their daughter: Christina Louise , born September 29. 1966
their daughter: Hélène Ingeborg, born September 20. 1968

picture from www.corbis.com

Sweden's Baby Princess.
Sweden's Princess Sibylla shows her baby daughter Princess Desiree in a bassinet for the first official portrait of the baby.

Royalty Attending the Amaranther Ball
Original caption: Royal Ribbons 'N' Beaux. Stockholm ,Sweden: Wearing their royal ribbons, Swedish Princesses Margaretha (second from left) and Desiree (second from right) are flanked by their beaux Mr. John Ambler (left) and Baron Niclas Silfverschiold (right). The regal foursome attended the traditional Swedish Amaranther Ball, which was held in Stockholm.

Princess Desiree With Bouquet
Original caption: Great-Grand Daughters of King Gustaf of Sweden Attendd Flag Day Parade in Stockholm. Stockholm, Sweden: The little Swedish princesses, the youngest generation of the Swedish Royal Family, took part in a ceremonial function. They are the great-grand daughters of King Gustaf and the parade they attended at the traditional Flag Day ceremony at the Stockholm Stadium, in which various Swedish youth groups were represented. Princess Desiree, King Gustaf's great-grand daughter at the Flag Day ceremony at Stockholm Stadium. June 14, 1945.

www.ibl.se

www.ibl.se

www.ibl.se

www.ibl.se

www.ibl.se

www.ibl.se

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 1,067
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 9,354
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 1,724
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 4,880
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 22,054
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 9,760
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 4,489
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 4,444
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 4,076
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 5,953
Last edited by a moderator:
Prinsessan Desirée med barnen Carl , Hélène och Tina 1970-tal

Prinsessan Desirée och Niclas Silfverschiöld 1995

Prinsessan Desirée, 1970-tal

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 6,555
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 6,447
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 4,217
New niece or nephew for The King - Princess Désirée to become grandmother again!

The King's sister Princess Désirée & her husband Baron Silfvershiöld's daughter Tina is expecting her third child with her husband Hans de Geer.

Tina, 38, and Hans, 41, married in 1999 and currently have two children: Estelle (born 2000) and Ian (born 2002).

The new baby is due in September, just in time for the couple's 5th wedding anniversary. So Princess Désirée will once again become grandmother!

Tina told Svensk Damtidning:

- I’m feeling very well and we are so happy about what is awaiting!

- The siblings think that this is going to be fun. Big sister Estelle is convinced it will be a little sister, but if she is right, it will be a surprise.

Baroness Tina de Geer af Finspång, daughter of Princess Désirée Baroness Silfverschiöld, gave birth to her third child (a baby boy!) on 16 September. Congratulations to her and her husband - and to grandmother Désirée!

A few days ago, Svenska Dagbladet had an annoucement of a Carl Silfverschiöld listed - and now I have gotten it confirmed through Svensk Damtidning:

Princess Désirée Baroness Silfverschiöld and Baron Niklas Silfverschiöld's oldest child Baron Carl has become engaged to a Maria Fredriksson. Princess Désirée told Svensk Damtidning that the family is delighted, and that they like her very much. Apparently this Maria Fredriksson is already a mother of two and comes from Stockholm. No wedding date has been set, but the magazine is saying around the summer probably will be the case. Baron Carl will one day fully take over the estate of Koberg Castle after his father.

Great news! So we get to see pics of the SRF at the wedding next summer.

"already a mother of two"...I bet Carl is more than happy, that his mother isn´t Queen of Sweden... ;)

Lena said:
"already a mother of two"...I bet Carl is more than happy, that his mother isn´t Queen of Sweden... ;)
What do you mean by that? Mette Marit also was mother of a son! So whats the problem? What has that to do with his mother not beeing the Queen of Sweden? If the Norwegians can handle something like that why shouldn't the Swedes be unable to do so?
I think it would be ok if the Crown princess Victoria would marry a man who brings up a child alone so far, too.

mixer2002de said:
What do you mean by that? Mette Marit also was mother of a son! So whats the problem? What has that to do with his mother not beeing the Queen of Sweden? If the Norwegians can handle something like that why shouldn't the Swedes be unable to do so?
I think it would be ok if the Crown princess Victoria would marry a man who brings up a child alone so far, too.

We are both no monarchists. But in the opposite to you I try a bit to understand the point of view of (most) monarchists. I also have no problem with MM´s past. I like MM (for many things...most of all for her big heart) and I think her little son is a cute and well-educated boy.
But fact is also, that many ppl still turn up their noses at Mette Marit (mostly because of the drug-story, but also because of the illegitimate child). I would say ppl also measure Royals and non-Royals with double standards. While in Scandinavia a lot of children are born out of wedlock, many ppl want their Royals to live their lives the traditional way (engagement-> wedding with first real kiss-> children). Of course you can also win the hearts as "Mette Marit" and I think she has won already a lot, but you have to be a very strong personality. And not everyone is able to fight against windmills.
In other words, when you want to become welcomed like a Mary Donaldson, then a child out of wedlock is (IMO) a "disadvantage".

Lena said:
We are both no monarchists. I would say ppl also measure Royals and non-Royals with double standards. While in Scandinavia a lot of children are born out of wedlock, many ppl want their Royals to live their lives the traditional way (engagement-> wedding with first real kiss-> children).
In other words, when you want to become welcomed like a Mary Donaldson, then a child out of wedlock is (IMO) a "disadvantage".

Well then there is just one conclusion for me: Most Scandinavian monarchists are stupid. Double standards are unfair. If they expect others to live a "traditional" life they should do so too. I agree that it would be not ok if a royal would marry a criminal or a former in mate of jail. But thats something completley different and not the topic. As you said its common to have children without beeing married in Scandinavia. I agree on that it would be better that a child would be raised by the parents together. But if one parent marries someone else then the biological father/mother i think it would be more than nonsense to hand away a child because of that. If that would happen this would be a real reson to be upset! :(

Lena,

I agree with some of what you say but

Lena said:
But in the opposite to you I try a bit to understand the point of view of (most) monarchists.

I do not think you have a way of knowing that your effort to understand the point of view of others is greater than his,
he would not be on this website if he was not interested in the views of others, monarchists and others. (of course the pictures are fun too)

many ppl want their Royals to live their lives the traditional way (engagement-> wedding with first real kiss-> children).

I have no way of knowing this but I think that the only royals who do not kiss ("first real kiss") before their wedding are the Belgian Royals.
I imagine that all other european royals jump into bed together before marriage.

susan alicia said:
Lena,

I agree with some of what you say but

I have no way of knowing this but I think that the only royals who do not kiss ("first real kiss") before their wedding are the Belgian Royals.
I imagine that all other european royals jump into bed together before marriage.

Well, I´m not so naive to believe the "virgin-lie" ;) But we also don´t have evidences. I would compare it to Royals saying, that they love their jobs so much, and that they love it, because they meet so many nice and interesting ppl. We can imagine that this isn´t always true, but we want believe and we don´t think much about how it really is, or do we?

Why do you know that with the belgian Royals?

Lena,

you do not read carefully,

I started the sentence with "I have no way of knowing this etc.......

(this has nothing to do with desiree, liked the book of a.selinko by the way)

Lena said:
Well, I´m not so naive to believe the "virgin-lie" ;) But we also don´t have evidences. I would compare it to Royals saying, that they love their jobs so much, and that they love it, because they meet so many nice and interesting ppl. We can imagine that this isn´t always true, but we want believe and we don´t think much about how it really is, or do we?

Why do you know that with the belgian Royals?

susan alicia said:
Lena,

you do not read carefully,

I started the sentence with "I have no way of knowing this etc.......

(this has nothing to do with desiree, liked the book of a.selinko by the way)

Yes, true...haven´t read the first part, sorry :eek: Then I change the question: why do you believe the belgian Royals are different?

female intuition

Lena said:
Yes, true...haven´t read the first part, sorry :eek: Then I change the question: why do you believe the belgian Royals are different?

Tomorrow 2/6 is the Princess's birthday.Happy birthday to her with all the best wishes.

Princess Désirée will be grandmother again!

According this week´s magazine Svensk Damtidning Baroness Maria Silfverschiöld, wife of Princess Désiree´s son Baron Carl Silfverschiöld, is in the fourth month. She have herself told a journalist of the magazine. Maria Silfverschiöld is 41 years old and have already two sons from a previous relationship.

Sourche: The Scandinavian Royals Message Board

Royalsa said:
Princess Désirée will be grandmother again!

According this week´s magazine Svensk Damtidning Baroness Maria Silfverschiöld, wife of Princess Désiree´s son Baron Carl Silfverschiöld, is in the fourth month. She have herself told a journalist of the magazine. Maria Silfverschiöld is 41 years old and have already two sons from a previous relationship.

Sourche: The Scandinavian Royals Message Board

Baroness Maria Silfverschioeld gave birth to a healthy baby girl on December 13th 2006.
The names will be announced at the christening in a few months.
The baby is the second granddaughter and the fourth grandchild of Princess Desiree and baron Niclas Silfverschioeld.
Two grandsons Ian and Fred and one granddaughter Estelle are the children of Desiree and Niclas's daughter Baroness Christina de Geer and her husband Baron Hans de Geer.

Maria's sons are Lars and Peder.

Source: Marlene on Royals-Portal

Congratulations to the happy couple and the rest of the family now they have a new little member in their family.

Congratulations to the young parents and to all family.

sjetajiem said:
Baroness Maria Silfverschioeld gave birth to a healthy baby girl on December 13th 2006.
The baby is the second granddaughter and the fourth grandchild of Princess Desiree and baron Niclas Silfverschioeld.
Two grandsons Ian and Fred and one granddaughter Estelle are the children of Desiree and Niclas's daughter Baroness Christina de Geer and her husband Baron Hans de Geer.

And her name will be: ANNA Margaretha Sybilla Desiree.

Today the princess husband turns 75! Lots of congratulations to him!

Princess Desiree is so clasy
i wonder if there are more recent pics of her

Which Fred ? By whom ?
AFAIK, Critina has a son and a daughter Ian-Carl and Estelle and Carl has a daughter Anne-Margareth

Does anybody has pictures of Cristina and Helen Silverschiold at Victoria's wedding ?

Thanks in advance.

Some updates about princess Desiree's family:
Christina Louise= Tina de Geer has two sons Ian Carl (20-2-2002) and Fred (16-9-2004) and one daughter Estelle (14-9-2000). She is married to Baron Hans de Geer
Carl has one daughter Anna Margaretha (13-12-2006).
Helene has a relation with Henrik Dieterle.

Carl and Maria, Tina and Hans de Geer and Helene and Henrik Dieterle were at the wedding of Victoria and Daniel

The police have arrested a man and a woman, tenants at Gåsevadholm, second estate of Baron Niclas Silfverschiöld and his wife Princess Désirée.
In a building that the couple have leased from the estate the police found narcotics: amphetamin, cocain, ecstasy, worth 10 million SEK (1 million EUR). In the couple's car they found 400 000 SEK (40 000 EUR) in cash. The man in question has been previously convicted for similar crimes.
It's about one of the castle's tenants and has nothing to do with the actual estate, says Torsten Raihle, manager at Gåsevadholm.
Carl Silfverschiöld, the son of Désirée and Niclas said that of course he thinks what happened is unfortunate.
Désirée and Niclas live at the Koberg Castle.
Knarkbeslag vid prinsess-slottet GT
Translation

Princess Désirée's husband, baron Niclas Silfverschiöld, celebrates today his 80th birthday.

Back
Top Bottom