Princess Christina and Family, Current Events Part 1: March 2003 - January 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question and maybe you can help me. I read somewhere that Gustaf and Vicky Magnuson had a second daughter. Does anybody know her name?

I have a question and maybe you can help me. I read somewhere that Gustaf and Vicky Magnuson had a second daughter. Does anybody know her name?

There hasn't been any news at the swedish press that Vicky would be pregnant and waiting for their second child.

Vicky was on the first boatride of the season some days ago.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSJioH3gmYo/?taken-by=vickyandren&hl=fi

Designer Lars Wallin put this photo of Vicky modelling his new collection to his Facebook yesterday.
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=96c828750d90c71eb3473821f6712954&oe=5951BDBD

Last edited:
According to Svensk Damtidning Oscar and Emma Magnuson and their children Albert and Henri move to Queen's Pavilion, near the Rosendal Palace. It is a beautiful villa, and maybe the most "royal" at the whole Djurgården. It has 10 rooms, two terraces, a parade balcony and a bay window to the big garden. Royal Djurgården Administration is reticent about when the family moves in and Svensk Damtidning has tried to contact Oscar Magnuson, but he has been in the mountains in Italy. The family has been living at court's house at Slottsbacken. Oscar Magnuson has his 40th birthday in June and Damtidning writes that now they can have combimed housewarming and Oscar's birthday party. Oscar's brother Gustaf and family live very close to Queen's Pavilion.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Queen's Pavilion is the villa Svensk Damtidning and other swedish media wrote that Carl Philip and Sofia will move under the renovation of Villa Solbacken, but they moved to Drottningholm Palace.

Interesting and indeed a lovely house. Who owns these houses? The king himself, a (royal) foundation or the government?

Interesting and indeed a lovely house. Who owns these houses? The king himself, a (royal) foundation or the government?

Since the 15th century the Swedish monarch has owned or held the right of disposition of Royal Djurgården buildings. Today, this right is exercised by the Royal Djurgården Administration which is a part of the Royal Court. The Queen's Pavilion belongs to the buildings of which the king has the right of disposition.

Sweden needed in the beginning of the 19th century restructure its public finances. In connection with this Karl XIII gave up palaces and their revenue, which then went to the state. In exchange the monarch got an annual appropriation, apanage, as well as the right to dispose a number of palaces and properties. Even large parts of Djurgården in Stockholm went to the state. This agreement has been changed and has been confirmed on a number of occasions since it was concluded. The agreement has worked and contributed a moderate cost for the Royal Court. At each change of Monarch the Parliament submits the right of disposition to the new Monarch.
Bakgrund och fakta_ H.M. Konungens dispositionsrätt - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Last edited:
Margareta Thorgren, the director of the court press department, confirms to Expressen that princess Christina has undergone stem cell transplant.
- The stem cell operation is completed. Princess Christina feels good considering the circumstances, she says.
Prinsessan Christina opererad för cancer – mår bra _ Kungligt _ Expressen
Translation

Tord Magnuson attended on Friday at the opening of the new museum "Vikingaliv" in Djurgården.
https://cawamedia.files.wordpress.com/2017/04/dsc_00432.jpg?w=1200

Last edited:
Hope there will be more pictures from the wedding. Victoria and Madeleine look very pretty on the cover photo. Victoria's hair look gorgeous styled like this and I like Madeleine's floral dress.

Photos from Svensk Damtidning

The wedding of Victor Magnuson, 36, and Frida Bergström, 37, was held at the orangery of the Ulriksdal Palace. There were 170 guests at the wedding. The whole royal family attended. Princesses Margaretha, Désirée and Birgitta with their family members didn't attend. King Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia arrived first, followed by Carl Philip and Sofia. Victoria and Daniel had flown on the same day from Öland. Victoria had a high knot from the 1960s and a light blue lace dress. Madeleine and Chris came last, only three minutes before the ceremony started.
The bride was dressed on a dress which had got inspiration from the 1930s and had a sparkling hair jewellery on her hairdo. Victor and Frida had chosen a civil wedding and princess Christina's good friend Ralph Edenheim administred the ceremony at one of the beautiful sculpture galleries of the orangery. It was a quick ceremony, after 12 minutes Frida and Victoria were declared husband and wife. Rose petals were thrown over the happy couple. A lot of kisses on the cheek were given. Madeleine had a Valentino clutch with her chiffon dress. Chris was on a top mood, "look at that!" he said to Daniel and pointed out something among the guests. The king likes horses and he went to greet the horses Maestro and Torres, before the newlyweds left with their sons Edmund, 4 and Sigvard, 2.
The wedding dinner was served at Confidencen Ulriksdal Palace Theatre. Victoria toasted with rosé champagne and princess Christina hugged her new daughter-in-law and fondled Victor on his cheek. Madeleine was seen with her friends Natalie Werner and Louise Gottlieb. Opera trio Divine sang Abba's "I have a Dream" and the groom's favourite "Nessun Dorma" from Turandot. And also an aria from Puccini which now had got swedish text and told about the beautiful Frida. It got standing ovations.
The party lasted late in the evening and continued at the garden of the happy couple (my note: they live only 500 metres from Confidencen). The newlyweds and their guests danced until late in the night.

http://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/omslag23.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the Info and pictures :) I'am missing a pic of queen Silvia.
On which day was the wedding?

Thanks for the Info and pictures :) I'am missing a pic of queen Silvia.
On which day was the wedding?

The wedding was last Saturday, because at the website of Opera trio Divine it says that they had a private event, wedding at Confidencen on 27th May. About those pages of Svensk Damtidning I posted earlier, one page was missing. I just got my Svensk Damtidning and scanned it. Here is the page, with a small photo of queen Silvia.

Last edited:
It looked like a very lovely and romantic wedding and I'm glad we got little glimpse into it thanks to SvenskDam.
Thanks for sharing the scans LadyFinn :flowers:

Photo gallery from the wedding of Victor Magnuson and Frida Bergström on 27th May.
IBL Bildbyrå

Since the photos were published only in Svensk Damtidning, they had exclusive right to them and now when their new issue is published, these photos are free to publish.

Gustaf Magnuson at a photo exhibition "Resonance – Photographs from the Pinault Collection" at Fotografiska in Stockholm on Friday 16th June. A tribute exhibition to photographer Irving Penn who would have had his 100th birthday this year.
With fashion designers Pär Engsheden and Göran Alfredsson, and Åsa Taube
https://i2.wp.com/www.galamagazine.se/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/fotografiska.jpg?w=630
With Tommy Rönngren
https://i2.wp.com/www.galamagazine....Tommy-Ronngren-och-Gustaf-Magnusson.jpg?w=630

Oscar Magnuson celebrates today his 40th birthday.

Svensk Damtidning has on their latest issue an interview of Opera trio Divine (Caroline Gentele, Gabriella Lambert-Olsson and Jacqueline Miura), which performed at the wedding of Victor and Frida Magnuson.
The trio tells that before the wedding they had a meeting with Tord Magnuson, who told that Victor was especially fond of Divine's interpretations of Puccini's "Nessun Dorma". And this was then of course performed during the wedding dinner.
- The tables were so beautifully done, like a dream with branches from birch trees and rowans in the middle of every table. And at the table of honor sat in addition to the parents of the bridal couple, also the king and queen. Queen Silvia is Victor's godmother, tells Caroline.
- We got standing ovations after our performance, I have never been involved in anything like that. It was very nice, people stood up from their chairs and applauded, tells Jacqueline.

Last edited:

Yesterday, September 4, Tord Magnuson attended the Operakällaren Foundation charity event in support of UNICEF in Stockholm:

** Pic **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom