Princess Birgitta and Family, Current Events Part 1: December 2002 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Josefine

Majesty
Country
Sweden
Princess Birgitta Ingeborg Alice
born January 19. 1937
married: May 25. 1961 with Prince Johann Georg of Hohenzollern

their son: Carl Christian , born April 5. 1962
their daughter: Désirée Margaretha Victoria Sibylla Catharina Louise Maria, born November 27. 1963
their son: Hubertus Gustaf Adolf, born June 10. 1966

picture 1

picture 2

picture 3

picture 4

Picture 5

picture 6

Picture 7

picture 8

Picture 9

Joining in a birthday portrait to mark the 20th birthday of Sweden's Princess Margaretha (right) are Princess Birgitta and "Anja" a pet puppy. On October 31st, Margaretha will be 20. She is the daughter of Princess Sibylla and the late Prince Gustaf Adolf.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 15,206
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 15,823
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 27,436
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 13,236
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 12,346
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 13,360
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 18,745
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 12,244
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 33,466
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,111
Last edited by a moderator:
picture from www.corbis.com

Original caption: Heir Presumptive to Swedish Throne and Family. Stockholm, Sweden: A charming family group of Prince Gustav Adolf, heir to the Crown Prince of Sweden and his wife, Princess Sibylla, with their two children, Princess Margaretha and Princess Birgitta. Little Princess Birgitta was born last January 29, and this is the first picture of her with her parents. March 22, 1937.

Prince Gustaf Adolf Holding His Daughter
Original caption: Royal Child Celebrates Children's Day. Stockholm , Sweden: Princess Birgitta has a box seat on the arm of her father, Prince Gustaf Adolf, for the ceremonies attendant on Children's Day in Stockholm recently.

picture from www.corbis.com

www.ibl.se

www.ibl.se

her wedding

with Sven Tumba 1995

Mallorca 1996

Desirée, prinsessa av Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen (dotter till prs Birgitta) och prins Johann Georg von Hohenzollern (även kallad Hansi), 2000-09-23

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,235
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,209
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 13,700
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 22,355
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 11,790
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 12,910
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 11,967
Well we finally know where Madeline get's her love of tanning from.....

raven

Prinsessan Birgitta, konfirmation 17/7 1952

Prinsessan Birgitta och prins Johann Georg von Hohenzollern (Hansi), kungens 50-årsfest 1996

Prinsessan Birgitta's hem, Mallorca 2000

Prinsessan Birgitta, prins Johann Georg von Hohenzollern (Hansi) med barnen Carl Christian, Desirée och Hubertus samt prinsessan Sibylla, 1970-tal

Prinsessan Birgitta och prins Johann Georg von Hohenzollern (Hansi), bröllop Sigmaringen 30/5 1961

Kung Gustaf VI Adolf, prinsessan Birgitta, prins Johann Georg von Hohenzollern (Hansi) med barnen Desirée, Hubertus och Carl Christian 1960-tal

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 13,501
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 21,503
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 11,443
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 21,380
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 16,148
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 16,634
Does anybody know anything about her relationship to her husband "Hansi" today. I´ve read that it´s over and that she´s staying at Mallorca most of the year without him...they just don´t want to get divorced.

Does anybody know anything about her relationship to her husband "Hansi" today. I´ve read that it´s over and that she´s staying at Mallorca most of the year without him...they just don´t want to get divorced.
That's too bad. I heard the sister married to John Ambler is also divorced?

Does anyone have any pictures of Princess Birgitta's son Carl christian of sweden and his family? Pictures of himself, his wife, and children etc. Thankyou.

Here's a picture which I am assuming is from 1999 or 2000 of Carl-Christian, his wife Nichole and their son Nikolas. Source: Henri van Oene's Geneology Site

Link:Photo

I am quite certain that Margaretha and John Ambler are still together. Birgitta is the only one that I know of that's not with her husband. I believe her daughter Desiree is separated from her husband, Heinrich, as well.

Attachments

• lj.jpg
    lj.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 11,253
  • lj.jpg
    lj.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 11,103
  • lj.jpg
    lj.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 11,360
from the IBL site

Attachments

• KGL000045.jpeg
    KGL000045.jpeg
    42 KB · Views: 16,937
a young princess

Attachments

• 10658606_1.jpg
    10658606_1.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 981
PRINCESS BIRGITTA OF SWEDEN at the European Press Ball held at the Ritz-Carlton Berlin, Germany - 14.01.06
(from newscom)

Attachments

• wennphotos193350.jpg
    wennphotos193350.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 3,583
Princess Brigitta of Sweden ,Prince Alexander von Bismarck and his wife Irina, at the European Press Ball at the hotel "Ritz Carlton" in Berlin,

from newscom

Attachments

• sipaphotos363020.jpeg
    sipaphotos363020.jpeg
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,077
  • sipaphotos363032.jpeg
    sipaphotos363032.jpeg
    41.1 KB · Views: 833
  • 11.jpeg
    11.jpeg
    35.4 KB · Views: 1,237
  • 12.jpeg
    12.jpeg
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,205
Last edited:
The sister of King Carl Gustav, enthusiastic of the art some days ago
(from hola)

Princess Birgitta of Sweden, sister of King Carl Gustav, travel from Majorca to Barcelona to attend the inauguration of a called exhibition "Works on Reality and Illusion". The sample was a selection of the work of the well-known Swedish artists Dellacroix&Dellfina.

Attachments

• birgitta.jpg
    birgitta.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 15,288
Princess Birgitta celebrates her 70 year birthday

According to Billed-Bladet King Carl Gustaf's older sister, Birgitta, wore this rather bizarre turqouise dress at her 70 year birthday, showing off her cleavage and her belly button, with evident signs of skin damages from many years of heavy tanning.

Birgitta med bar mave ... Billed-Bladet: Danmarks Royale Ugeblad...

The article says that she was incredibly thin and many guests were surprised to see her outfit. Crown Princess Victoria and Queen Silvia kept a happy face though.

Daneborn said:
According to Billed-Bladet King Carl Gustaf's older sister, Birgitta, wore this rather bizarre turqouise dress at her 70 year birthday, showing off her cleavage and her belly button, with evident signs of skin damages from many years of heavy tanning.

Birgitta med bar mave ... Billed-Bladet: Danmarks Royale Ugeblad...

The article says that she was incredibly thin and many guests were surprised to see her outfit. Crown Princess Victoria and Queen Silvia kept a happy face though.

Am not quite sure what I would do if my mother showed up in such an outfit :wacko:
Thanks for the interesting pics Daneborn:)

Vintage Birgitta - it was her party. She looked like she had a great time. Go Birgitta...

''Vintage Birgitta''

:ROFLMAO:

An absolutely priceless expression!

About the party, basicly I think you are right. She has every right to do it just the way she wants as long as she doesn't harm anyone doing it !!

That outfit is bizarre for someone up in age as the princess is you would think she would be more covered up then anyone else.Espically being a princess but hey she has the right to wear what she wants.

Princess Birgitta is in New Zealand for a week-long Swedish culture event.
nzherald/Royal visitor shows off Swedish Style

She is indeed. She was breifly interviewed on one of our breakfast shows (Breakfast) - now I cant place a direct link to the clip (my internets not up to it at the moment...) but this is a direct link to the tv shows website, where you need to click on "Breakfast speeks to Sweden's Princess Birgitta", under the related video links.

If there is a problem, just let me know and I'll see what I can do :flowers:

Scoop: HRH Princess Birgitta Patron of Swedish Style NZ
Clearnet National
NZPA Images - Auckland-Swedish Style Week

A general question for the Swedish members. Being money minded as I am, I wanted to know if the sisters of the king represent Sweden in any way? Are they on the civil list? What about their dwelling, is there an equivalent to Kensington palace in Sweden? Did they receive an inheritance?

How is that possible , she was Europe's most beautiful Princess.. Is it too much sun ??

how did birgitta and her husband meet

what did she say about the jewllery

Princess Birgitta of Sweden played charity golf at Hills golf club
to raise money for Queens Silvia's children hospital in Gothenburg,
May 10, 2010:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

out of all the bernadotes to me she is the strangest one. Her sisters seem to have much more sense of humor than had nt she got the same education as them? had she was taught that the royalty represent the people and they are way that one must and must not act and i remember seen her early pics her behavior was fantastic plus out of all her sibling she's the only one who marry a fellow royals even though she would estrange from him. so was she planning to become a model or what cause thats the kind of carrer she would like .i bet the palace refuse to allow it a model princess/model =scandals +indescency this the benadotte court would've never consider lest accept and perhaps she think she might have lead that life ounce she marry the prince but it turn out hes more royalist than her and like previous hohenzollern duty is a must and by the way at the crown princess victoria wedding all the sisters dress good but birgitta at that age birgitta should left the stiletto to a much younger royal lady

Back
Top Bottom