Princess Birgitta and Family, Current Events Part 1: December 2002 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hi Izabella. Perhaps the source for your photo is incorrect, but that is Birgitta's other daughter-in-law, Ute, wife of Hubertus. Her hair has been dyed blond and is longer than at her wedding, but this is definitely her.

Nicole arrived at the wedding in a group including her cousin, Sibylla Ambler, and her sister-in-law Princess Desiree. As she and her husband are short and were behind the others, it may have been easy to miss them. But Nicole was wearing a beige/nude gown with a pink fur stole.

BTW, during the footage of the guests moving from the banquet to the cake cutting and dancing, it became obvious that Nicole's feet were sore and she was tired of wearing the heels that she arrived in, because she had changed into flat white HOUSE SLIPPERS LOLOLOLLOL!!!!

Does Princess Birgitta have any grandchildren?

out of all the bernadotes to me she is the strangest one. Her sisters seem to have much more sense of humor than had nt she got the same education as them? had she was taught that the royalty represent the people and they are way that one must and must not act and i remember seen her early pics her behavior was fantastic plus out of all her sibling she's the only one who marry a fellow royals even though she would estrange from him. so was she planning to become a model or what cause thats the kind of carrer she would like .i bet the palace refuse to allow it a model princess/model =scandals +indescency this the benadotte court would've never consider lest accept and perhaps she think she might have lead that life ounce she marry the prince but it turn out hes more royalist than her and like previous hohenzollern duty is a must and by the way at the crown princess victoria wedding all the sisters dress good but birgitta at that age birgitta should left the stiletto to a much younger royal lady

I have followed the Swedish royal family since Princess Birgitta was young and I have never heard that she wanted to be a model. She has said in interviews that she wanted to be a physical therapist (sjukgymnast) but that it was not acceptable.

She is a delightful person and your rambling does not make any sense.

Does Princess Birgitta have any grandchildren?
She has 4 living grandchildren. Her eldest son Carl Christian & his wife Nicole have a son Nicolas (born 1999). Her daughter Désirée has 3 children with her first husband, Carl-Theodor (born 1992), Frederik (born 1995) & Carolina (born 1997). Her youngest son Hubertus & his wife Ute had a son Lennart (born 2001) who died as a 4 day old.

how is her relationchip with her husband,
i belive he were at the wedding 2010
why did they not get divorced?

how is her relationchip with her husband,
i belive he were at the wedding 2010
why did they not get divorced?
They are both living their separate lives, he in Germany, she on Mallorca. It was mentioned that she pretty much enjoys her HRH status and might lose it in case of a divorce, so that might be one of the reasons why they are still married.

Is Princess Birgitta still titled a Princess of Sweden or a Princess of Hohenzollern (or both?). I don't think she lost her Swedish title because she made an equal marriage.

Princess Birgitta is in Sydney, Australia, for a couple of days, mainly to attend the celebrations for the
100th anniversary of the Swedish Australian Chamber of Commerce. According to the article she takes
the chance and does her favourite sports there as well :)

** Sydney gets excited about the other royal visit **

The president of the Chamber of Commerce seems to have taken quite a shine on her, judging by the compliments he's giving her:

"She's so bright and full of life. The golf proves it. She hardly looks 65, let alone 75."

Either Mr Bush is being especially kind to his guest or there's a totally different scale in Australia on what people are estimated to look like in different ages and stages of their lives. Actually I know they kinda do have that (thanks to the sun). An elderly couple there was shocked to find that me and my hubby weren't a teenage couple who had gotten married really young but that we're in our thirties. Still not sure actually if they believed us.

:previous:

I think Mr Bush was simply being kind to Birgitta - just read the comments at the end of the article ;)

The Princess was at a brunch this morning, with members of the Swedish-Australia Chamber of Commerce. Press Release from the SACC.

No pictures of Birgitta in Sydney apart from the one in the SMH article - hopefully more pop up. It's a shame that Birgitta is only in Sydney - had she come down to Melbourne, I would have gone to see her.

All that snark in the comments and she actually looks pretty good in the picture with the article! Hope they don't dig one up from CP Victoria's wedding! :ohmy:

Image from the brunch in Mosman earlier today.

Article from The Mosman Daily, which includes an exclusive interview with Princess Birgitta, as she denied all media interviews during her four-day visit. Some of the interview: "Others have a lot of security but I don’t like that," on not travelling with security guards; "My first impression of Australians is that they are very friendly people."

Happy Birthday Princess Brigitta! and MANY more~

Princess Birgitta has inaugurated the dining room "HRH Princess Birgittas Matsal" at the Svanskog
värdshus / Svanskog Inn in Svanskog today, May 31, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

Last edited:
Princess Birgitta gave an interview to Margareta Heed from Svensk Damtidning at the Väddö Golf Club.
Princess Birgitta told that she flies constantly between Sweden and Mallorca, she arrives of course to celebrate her brother's 40 years on the throne on 15th September. Birgitta thinks that the king has managed very well as a king. They never speak on the phone but when they meet, it is like they never had been apart. There is nothing wrong with their contact with each other, but on the phone. As a child the king was quite a rascal. He found all kinds of things and fooled all of them. Birgitta praises Victoria and says that she does all her duties admirably well. She is very warm towards Victori, Daniel and Estelle. Birgitta tells that she hasn't played golf with Daniel yet, although he is crazy in playing golf too. But they are going to do it sometime. And she knows that Chris also plays golf but she doesn't know how good he is in it. Birgitta tells that she is trying to keep close contact with her grandchildren and tries to get them play golf too. The small one is just four year old and hasn't tried golf yet but the others have. No one is so interested in golf like Birgitta now but she herself found golf quite late, so she is hopeful.

Svensk Damtidning had called to princess Birgitta a few weeks ago. Princess Birgitta said that maybe she is most at home in Mallorca, she spends the most time there. But she visits often Munich since her children and grandchildren live there. And she loves to come to Sweden. She has visited Victoria and Daniel at Haga Palace a few times after they moved there, and that has brought back many great memories from her childhood. Birgitta says that she loves sun and golf, and she plays golf every day, at least 18 holes. She didn't want to tell what her handicap is but said that it has gone very well with golf during the last times. Birgitta comes to Sweden to Leonore's christening and attends in the autumn at the annual Barngolfen in Mölndal, she is the patron of the tournament. She says that she hasn't decided much what she is going to do during the summer, just that she will enjoy about golf, warmth and sun in Mallorca.

Last edited:
Princess Birgitta at Barngolfen today. "Of course I'm here, but the weather could have been better", she said.
http://www.gp.se/image_processor/1....ide/4170961416.jpg?maxWidth=620&maxHeight=413

Svingar för bättre sjukhusmiljö - Mölndal Härryda - Göteborgs-Posten

Birgitta with singer Lill-Babs, who was one of the celebrities golfing for charity.
http://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/...-15/10608104_818759991502169_2036209419_n.jpg

In the evening there was an auction, and totally from the day 2,2 million SEK was raised to Queen Silvia's Children's Hospital.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom