The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-12-2019, 12:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Birgitta attended also this year The Legends Cup Tennis tournament in Palma de Mallorca. It was played on 3-6 October.
Prinsessglans pĺ Legends Cup i Palma _ Svensk Dam

Old 11-13-2019, 01:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Birgitta attended last year in Sweden two events of Jontefonden. Jontefonden is a foundation for children and young people who are waiting for a transplant or have completed a transplant operation, and their siblings. The foundation's goal is to increase the quality of life, create joy and put the gold lining in an otherwise difficult situation. The foundation has been named after Jonathan Ivarsson who, due to lung fibrosis, needed a lung transplant.

Now Birgitta comes to Sweden again.

Everyone knows how reluctantly Princess Birgitta leaves the sun, the heat and golf in Mallorca for the rain and autumn storm at home in Sweden. But now it happens!
Next Sunday, November 24, she will come to Gothenburg to join the important and vital struggle for more organ donations - and to support all those waiting in the far too long queue.
It is Jontefonden which is organizing the country's only gala for the third year in a row that attracts organ donation - Jontefondsgalan. This year it also has the shape of a Christmas ball, so keep your thumbs up so we can see the ever-chic Princess Birgitta on the dance floor!
All this takes place at Quality Hotel 11 and in the Eriksberg Hall and it is well-known TV profile Renée Nyberg who holds the threads on stage. For the entertainment there are Jessica Andersson, Uno Svenningson, Nanne Grönvall, Jennifer Brown and "Mojje", and Princess Birgitta and all the other guests can enjoy a Christmas-inspired menu specially designed by Krister Dahl from the Swedish chef country team.
But above all, it will be a charity auction. Guests will be able to bid on experiences and items and all money raised will be used to create joy and a golden edge for the children waiting for - or having completed - an organ transplant.
Prinsessan Birgittas vändning – nu kommer hon till Sverige! _ Svensk Dam

Princess Birgitta lives her happy days in Mallorca. Here's everything she needs. Sun, golf and good friends.
Yes, Birgitta does not leave the warm climate. The only exception has actually been Christmas when the princess has traveled to Munich where her three children and five grandchildren reside. It was also where her husband Prince Johann Georg of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen lived when he was alive. And Munich was therefore a natural gathering place for the whole family.
Birgitta and Hansi did not share everyday life, but when it came to celebrations it was obvious to celebrate together.
It was on March 2, 2016, that Hansi passed away at a hospital in Munich and left the royal family - and Birgitta - in great sadness. And since then, the king's sister has chosen to celebrate Christmas in a slightly different way than before.
She has previously told to Svensk Damtidning that there are too many memories in Germany. Nowadays, the princess invites her children to Mallorca instead. And this year it is her sons Carl Christian and Hubertus who are traveling there with their children. Daughter Désirée celebrates elsewhere.
- My two sons come, but not my daughter. We split it up a bit. It will be really fun. They'll probably stay for five days, the princess tells us when we reach her over the phone.
Prinsessan Birgitta om sina annorlunda julplaner _ Svensk Dam

Old 11-20-2019, 11:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Birgitta attended the birthday party of Fredrik Laurin and Björn Fürst.
The party began with a mingle on the terrace of the fine Port Cala Nova just outside Palma, followed by the mallorca-inspired dinner in the restaurant to tones from tenor Carry Persson who handed out roses to all the ladies. The next day started with a round of golf at Bendinat's golf course, boat trip with the luxury yacht "Marco Polo" along Mallorca's beautiful coast and finally a giant party in Bendinat's Clubhouse with paella, tapas and dancing all night long.
https://files.svenskdam.se/uploads/f...60x1030-lt.jpg
Old 11-23-2019, 12:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Svensk Damtidning tells, that princess Birgitta arrived to Sweden yesterday, to participate at the Jontefonden charity gala tomorrow.

Princess Birgitta has landed in Sweden. She arrived last night, directly from her home in Santa Ponsa, Mallorca, and now has some intense days ahead of her in Gothenburg.
As everyone knows, the king's sister is not the one to leave the sun and heat in Mallorca unnecessarily - but this trip has a vital purpose: to focus on the urgent donation issue.
Together with Prince Daniel, she is the one in the royal family who works to support those affected and to get more people to register in the donation register.
She is also a patron of the Jontefonden Foundation, which tomorrow Sunday organizes the annual Jontefondsgala in Gothenburg, with the goal of raising a lot of money for the affected children. Princess Birgitta is attending for the second time.
Just nu! Birgitta har landat i Sverige – för Daniels skull _ Svensk Dam
Old 11-24-2019, 04:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Svensk Damtidning told that princess Birgitta had yesterday dinner at Fiskekyrkan in Gothenburg.
What a weekend for Princess Birgitta! She is in Sweden to pay attention to Jontefonden, which focuses on the joy of organ transplanted children - and last night she also had good friends, at a large private dinner that took place in Gothenburg's pride, Fiskekyrkan. Or Feskekörka, as all Gothenburg citizens say.
Fiskekyrkan sells fish during the days, and that was what was on the menu this evening as well. To Princess Birgitta's delight! She loves fish and seafood, but the supply in Mallorca where she lives everyday can not compete with it on the West Coast on long roads, she has told to Svensk Damtidning.
The host of the dinner at Feskekörka was Marko Saarinen (producer for last year's Jontefondsgala) and among the 70 guests, besides Princess Birgitta and her friend, theater manager Vicky von der Lancken, there were also several well-known actors. And of course the couple behind Jontefonden, Gunilla and Tommy Ivarsson.
Birgitta dök upp pĺ hemlig fest i Sverige i natt _ Svensk Dam

Tommy Ivarsson, the founder of Jontefonden, at his Instagram with Birgitta
"We would be nothing without all these volunteer efforts this weekend! Sure, the princess has landed. She will be in the media to talk about how important the organ donation issue is."
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5Lyo8Plub9/

Ivarsson tells at his Instagram with photos also, that Birgitta gave an interview to Svensk Damtidning.
"A crazy day! But fantastic. Now it will be a long and big interview with H.R.H Princess Birgitta in Svensk Damtidning. About her involvement in Jontefonden, about her childhood Christmas with her family, uncles and about her German mother's adaption to a cold Sweden. A deep, long conversation about life. An unusually eventful one. And her glow for the organ donation issue. She was on fire when she talked about this. So great to sit next to ....
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5NeBFNFok7/

In 2006, Jonathan Ivarsson suffered from pulmonary fibrosis, a disease that slowly reduced his ability to breathe. A lung transplant was planned, but never had to be performed. 2015 passed away, surrounded by his family.
Already during Jonathan Ivarsson's illness, Jontefonden was formed, which since 2017 has become Jontefondsgalan.
Princess Birgitta is one of the prominent guests.
- She was with last year and has a good eye for Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel, who is kidney transplanted. They are involved in Jontefonden, but haven't had the opportunity to participate this year, says Tommy Ivarsson, father of Jonathan.
Jontefondsgalan siktar pĺ nytt rekord – i Göteborg
Old 11-25-2019, 06:49 AM
Administrator

Here are two galleries of Princess Birgitta in Gothenborg - attending the Jontefondsgalan and outside the Park Hotel:

** belga gallery ** belga gallery **
Old 11-25-2019, 08:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Birgitta shows her good heart by attending also this year at Jontefondsgalan. It is said that Prince Daniel is very touched about princess Birgitta's commitment to donation issues.
Prinsessan Birgittas rörande hjälteinsats - Allt om kungligt

At Jondefondsgalan SEK 2,7 million were collected to Jontefonden, a new record.
https://www.mynewsdesk.com/se/jontef...kronor-2947474
Old 11-26-2019, 11:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Birgitta was the most glittering guest of the evening - and it attracted 2.8 lovely millions in support of the affected children. Yes, Jontefondsgalan became absolutely magical!
Princess Birgitta glittered in peacock blue sequins - and the Jonte Foundation received 2.8 lovely millions in support of children who are affected in various ways by organ transplantation.
The Jontefondsgalan is arranged to raise money for the Jontefonden foundation, run by Gunilla and Tommy Ivarsson. They were the parents of 15-year-old Jonathan, who was called Jonte. He suffered from pulmonary fibrosis (the same disease that has now hit Crown Princess Mette-Marit) and died in November 2015, after waiting for new lungs for several years.
- It was an emotional evening and a fantastic party! So much joy! says Jonathan's dad Tommy Ivarsson.
- But the most wonderful thing was that we broke records, we withdrew a total of SEK 2.8 million! It means so much to the Jontefonden We are so very, very happy.
And Princess Birgitta?
- She withdrew after midnight, the clock was probably half past midnight. And now she is back in Mallorca again. She flew home at lunchtime yesterday and landed late yesterday afternoon. And today she would go out on the golf course with her friends.
Se bilderna! Prinsessan Birgitta var kvällens galadrottning _ Svensk Dam
Old 11-27-2019, 12:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Birgitta has been home in Sweden and Svensk Damtidning met the princess for a long interview. Here comes part 1!
It's been a good many years since the Swedish people saw them grow up in the 1940s Haga, but the Haga princesses have forever a place in the hearts of the Swedish people. It becomes very clear when you see the attention that Princess Birgitta draws during her days in Gothenburg.
- Of course, it warms my heart tremendously. Fantastic, think they still remember us! she says when we see for a long interview at the classic Gothenburg hotel Park Avenue where the princess lives during her four-day visit to Sweden.
Can the princess meet her sisters now that the princess is at home?
- No, I don't and it is a pity! But we are used to it, that's how it is when you live in different countries.
- And we talk to each other very often on the phone and then we always say "Now we must meet!" But getting together five siblings, no it's not easy you should know! Especially since my brother is so busy, he always works. So this time it didn't work, unfortunately.
- But I hope it can be arranged in the spring anyway. So that we can celebrate my sister Margareta, even though it is now afterwards, she turned 85 in October.
- We always have a very nice time when we meet. Imagine, we are five siblings and everyone is still alive. And we've never had a quarrel, never ever! I think it's pretty unique.
Intervju! Prinsessan Birgitta om sin längtan efter systrarna _ Svensk Dam
Old 11-30-2019, 06:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Désirée von Bohlen und Halbach is the director and chairman of Desideria Care e.V.
Desideria Care e.V. _Verein

Désirée about the history of Desideria Care e.V.
Behind the idea to found the association Desideria Care e.V. in June 2017 is a very personal story.
I, Désirée von Bohlen and Halbach and niece of the Swedish Queen Silvia, have many years as a volunteer at the Malteser Day Center in Munich and have been confronted by my work with people with dementia again and again with the situation of relatives. These often so heavy fates have touched me deeply and awakened in me the desire to bring here my knowledge in the sense of an emotional accompaniment and counseling of relatives. With my systemic education and the training of the Silviahemmet trainer by Malteser, the basis of my current work was created.
Desideria Care e.V. _Historie

Tags
bernadotte, birgitta, hohenzollern, princess birgitta