Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall: Visit to Sweden - March 22-24, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
victoria always surprise me, she is a very special women, only a month to have her baby she is working again.

Last edited:
victoria always surprise me, she is a very special women, only a month to have her baby she is working again.

Well, I truely like Victoria - she´s a great person and represantative of her country but do you really call it "work" shaking a couple of hands and then sit down to listen to a speach and then eat?! I guess any woman could manage this a week after giving birth:whistling:

Well, I truely like Victoria - she´s a great person and represantative of her country but do you really call it "work" shaking a couple of hands and then sit down to listen to a speach and then eat?! I guess any woman could manage this a week after giving birth:whistling:

Given the way everyone's been playing up the fact that they're related, you could call it basically a family lunch. It's a bit of a stretch to call that work.

Victoria is admirable because she and Daniel have a strong sense of duty. Yes, it´s not so hard to spend about two hours at a lunch, but she could very well have stayed home with her little Estelle, many crown princesses and princesses have had a maternity leave at least for three months.

Prince Charles shoots hoops with Swedish PM - The Local

Charles and Camilla met Estelle yesterday after the lunch. Charles told to Aftonbladet later: Of course we met her. It was fantastic, very nice.

Victoria´s speedy recovery from giving birth was admired. Royal expert Roger Lundgren said: I was actually shocked when I saw the pictures. Victoria has lost all the pregnancy pounds in just a few weeks. But she walks in the Haga Park every day with Estelle. Plus she's married to a personal trainer,
The director of the press department, Bertil Ternert said that Victoria wanted to be attend the lunch because it was a suitable event. But Victoria has also been in the office and worked on several other occasions after that she became a mother.
Currently, Victoria has no more missions planned. But according to the court, her calendar is slowly filled in.
- The Crown Princess will see what is possible to do. But right now Estelle is the first priority for Victoria, said Bertil Ternert.
Charmade Charles & Camilla i comebacken | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Photos:
Camilla om Sverige: Fantastiskt | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely pictures, though I do wish Camilla would permanently retire that ill fitting dress!f

:previous:
Thanks for the information.
Quite a historical occasion, actually; future King of the UK was probably one of the first foreign royals to meet future Queen of Sweden. :)

I wonder if Prince Charles might be considered as a godparent for Estelle? Or maybe William?

Thanks for the laterst pictures, MagMil. :)
While in Vasa Museum with Their Majesties, Prince Charles and Camilla closely examined a model of Swedish warship Vasa.
Vasa sunk in 1628 on her maiden voyage and was recovered after 333 years in the waters of Stockholm's Strom.

Gallery from Belga.
Gallery from Daylife.

That's not a model.That's the original Vasa which was discovered in Stockholm's harbour and lifted from the bottom, brought into a dock which was covered and deflooded. There the ship was restored. The building is now the Vasa museum, so they walked on and into the original ship.

I wonder if Prince Charles might be considered as a godparent for Estelle? Or maybe William?

Prince Charles as a godfather is possible, but not very probable.
British Royals aren't generally asked to become godparents to foreign royals; of Prince Charles' twenty eight godchildren only one - Crown Prince Pavlos of Greece - is a member of (former) foreign royal family. Prince William is highly unlikely to be a godfather to Victoria's daughter; there is virtually no connection between him and his European counterparts.

However close British and Swedish Royal Families may be, Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel will chose godparents among their friends. Of foreign royals, the Scandinavian and Benelux royals are much likelier to feature in the godparents list, than the British ones.

That's not a model.That's the original Vasa which was discovered in Stockholm's harbour and lifted from the bottom, brought into a dock which was covered and deflooded. There the ship was restored. The building is now the Vasa museum, so they walked on and into the original ship.
Post edited, thanks for the information. :)

Last edited:
King Carl Gustaf, Queen Silvia, Duchess Camilla and Prince Charles at the Vasa Museum in Stockholm.

PPE Agency

The final stop of this visit was the Salta mill in Jarna.
While there, Prince Charles and Camilla, accompanied by Queen Silvia, tasted some of the production, including sourdough and bread.

- Picture One
- Picture Two

Next stop - visit to Denmark.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Prince Charles as a godfather is possible, but not very probable.
British Royals aren't generally asked to become godparents to foreign royals; of Prince Charles' twenty eight godchildren only one - Crown Prince Pavlos of Greece - is a member of (former) foreign royal family. Prince William is highly unlikely to be a godfather to Victoria's daughter; there is virtually no connection between him and his European counterparts.

However close British and Swedish Royal Families may be, Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel will chose godparents among their friends. Of foreign royals, the Scandinavian and Benelux royals are much likelier to feature in the godparents list, than the British ones.

Post edited, thanks for the information. :)
It would be a nice surprise if Charles or William did become a Godparent. :flowers:

I am missing official pictures from Dinner in Castle of Drottningholm from Friday evening after visit Teater!

I am missing official pictures from Dinner in Castle of Drottningholm from Friday evening after visit Teater!

Since it was a private dinner, I think that it is understandable that they don´t publish any photos.

Lots of photos from the British Embassy:
Diamond Jubilee themed reception held on 22 March 2012 in the presence of Their Royal Highnesses The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall.
Diamond Jubilee themed Reception - a set on Flickr

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

A photo gallery of the king and prince of Wales vising SEI (Swedish Environment Institute)
Photo gallery from the royal visit to SEI - Stockholm Environment Institute

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the information, I know that was a private Dinner! ;)

But why don't publish the court an official group pic before the dinner started? The other countries (Norge or Danemark) give official celebrations and the Sweden not, I don't understand this! :ermm:

Since it was a private dinner, I think that it is understandable that they don´t publish any photos.

Thanks for the information, I know that was a private Dinner! ;)

But why don't publish the court an official group pic before the dinner started? The other countries (Norge or Danemark) give official celebrations and the Sweden not, I don't understand this! :ermm:
You answered your own question above, because it was PRIVATE. Private means, well private not official, therefore there is no need for any official picture.

Sweden decided to host official lunch, Norway & Denmark went with dinners, it's up to them to decide what they will do.

Back
Top Bottom