Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeleine's Future Role

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saragli

Heir Presumptive
City
Arctica
Country
Antarctica
I've been wondering a lot lately about what will happen to these two royals. To be honest, it does not seem like they have an important future role in the Swedish monarchy. With a new prince about to join the crew and probably many little prince and princess's to follow along, I personally dont feel like there is much room left for Mado and CP to be full time royals. As much as I like to look at both of them, CP is rather yum and Mado always delivers the goods when it comes looking like a princess, they don't seem to really do that much for their kingdom. I personally think that after they get married they should follow the Norwegian route, drop the R and become HH and form some sort of real career. I like the Princess Christina route for Madeline, that way we get to see her at official events all jeweled up and she does some work that means something to her, but for the most part, she supports herself. CP seems like he could make a successful living with his work and what ever else he does. What does everyone else think?

I don't think they will be full time royals in the future, but they will have to be when Carl-Gustav and Silvia slow down and Victoria's children are not old enough to perform royal duties.
I think they will always have some importance in certain areas.
I can't help thinking that QEII had 4 children, she is yet to really slow down, all her children have had children, but Anne, Edward and Andrew are still very much on the royal scene for specific things.
Andrew for trade, Edward for DOE Awards and Anne is very much on the scene for everything still.
There will always be a place for them, until Victoria's children are older.

I guess Princess Madeleine will found some more charity foundations and work for that, or she will be the next leader of her mothers childhood foundation. Only on very important events, like the Nobel Prize ceremonys or the National day, she will represent Sweden. Of course on her fathers birthday she will also attend.
I don't think that a future husband for Madeleine will have a real royal function. I think he has a similar life like Ari Behn.
Prince Carl Philip will be more public on the design market and perhaps chairman of art foundations. He also attend very important events.
For a possible future wife of Prince Carl Philip I imagine that she will have a function to help improving the social situation for the weak people in Sweden.

I don't think they should drop their titles and move on to regular jobs. For goodness sake, they are royals. They have a platform that they can use. They actually have a voice. People are willing to listen to them. There's so many things they can do because of their status. I would hate to see them whither away and move out of the picture. I think they should support and represent Sweden any way they can....they don't have to hide in the background because Daniels there. I don't think it should be just Victoria and Daniels show. The more...the merrier.

I wouldn't count out Carl Philip and Madeleine. One never knows what the future holds.

In the long term it's obvious that they are going to dissappear from the limelight, but it's going to be interesting how both of them deal with it.

Thats the thing Melibea, they are going to eventually disappear from the limelight. They still haven't really carved out a role for themselves in Sweden and I don't really see them going any further with it. Thats why it is interesting to see how they will handle it and what they will do.

Unlike the UK, there isn't a need for that many royals in Sweden. There just isn't that much for them to do in Sweden. There pulling power is limited to because outside of Scandanavia and Germany, there practically unknown. My worry, is that eventually, it will seem like they are just leeching off of Daddy's(Sweden's) money. The recent polls worry me quite a bit, so much support has dropped and I feel the Swedish Monarchy really needs to start sorting their biz out. First off, hire a new PR person...

In Denmark it seems to be enough duties for the Queen, prince Henrik, the crown prince couple, prince Joachim and princess Marie, and princess Benedikte, when I look at the calendar of the danish Royal Family. So I think that in Sweden there would be work to do for Carl Philip and Madeleine in the future too.

Sure there is enough work. In the last one of the Bernadotte docus, they have said, how many requests of organisations, municipalties etc. they get every year.
I don´t remember the exact figure, but it were several hundred.

And that Carl Philip wasn´t giving the ALMA instead of Madeleine (who would have given it instead of Victoria) is telling a lot about his work ethics and interests.

I don´t think they will change. Madeleine maybe, if she would find the right man in Sweden.
Carl Philip seems to feel truly unwell at duties, I think the best would be, if he would do a "Prince Constantijn"
Refusing an apanage, working with his design brand CPB and performing occasionally family-related duties

For goodness sake, they are royals. They have a platform that they can use
But they must use it. Otherwise they are just weakening the Monarchy. And this is, what Madeleine and Carl Philip already do. In the past 2 years the critical voices have raised tremendously.

For the future I hope most young Royals will go either for "Prince Constantijn" or "full support".
Things in between won´t find much tolerance.

Prince Constantijn is expected to go to the 'full support' mode at the moment that his mother abdicates. A bit simular to the role of princess Margriet and her husband. But in the mean time it is good that he works, to prevent that the RF are all living on state support while doing nothing. It would be wise for CP to get a job indeed. Though personally I like the Belgian & British & Danish systems better, with only full time royals.

Of the two, I see Madeleine working on her mother's charity in a higher, more involved role, and perhaps moving along the same lines as the Norwegian CP couple's work with the UN. I see Carl Philip more along the agricultural and farming lines; he does not strike me as one who is comfortable in the "overseas ambassador" role-and I mean, representing the country past Scandinavia as a public PR person for Sweden. It's difficult to compare the other Scandinavian Royal houses to this one, b/c in Denmark's case at least, they are more established houses with a deeper connection. The children of the Danish Queen also take their role quite seriously, as opposed to the Swedish 2-one who is still drifting without a clear purpose, in my opinion, while the other is acting like a private, non-royal, no duties, citizen with her recent frequent trips to the U.S. to deal with her romantic break up. Those escapes may be ok for a say, movie star etc, but a member of a Royal house is expected to place duty to the country above all else, if not, as PrinceJohnny said (about the recent polls I mean) the polls will reflect a backlash. So, in my opinion, as they are already acting as private citizens, they should really decide on their future career goals and move along those parameters.

I din think we would see carl Philip at more events then we do

Back
Top Bottom