Personal Sightings of the Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chelsea

Nobility
City
London
Country
United Kingdom
I saw her in London today, shopping with some girlfriends in Harvey Nichols department store. She is actually prettier in real life than in most photos. Very nice skin.

That is great that you saw her chelsea! I have read on the Internet before that Victoria is much prettier when meeting her in real life. Were you shopping there to chelsea?

I was at their juice bar and she sat there with three girlfriends, having a drink also.

I saw her in London today, shopping with some girlfriends in Harvey Nichols department store. She is actually prettier in real life than in most photos. Very nice skin.

OMG!!!:shock: I probably would've fainted. She's gorgeous in pics so she must exceed all of our expectations in person.

Thanks for sharing!:flowers:

Met the Swedish royals? Tell your story...

Hi! I found similar thread about lux princes and I think it is a good idea, so I make this for swedish royals. Tell your story!:flowers:

Here is my first encounter with royalty: In october 2006, Their Majesties The King and Queen of Sweden paid an Official State Visit to Canada. During their visit, Her Majesty The Queen attended an engagement on violence made against women at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Montreal. I saw Her Majesty when she arrived at the Hotel and I was the only royal watcher standing by and I was able to exchange a few words with Her Majesty before she entered inside the hotel. She seems to be a very kind person.

I think that kindness comes with the job description! :D But I have heard people say that some don't really care if there is someone there or not but she seemed happy to see that there was someone there except from the organisers.

Meeting Silvia Sommerlath before she became Queen

In my younger days, I used to be an airline stewardess and I had the pleasure of flying Silvia Sommerlath to and from Sweden on a couple of occassions when she played hide and seek with the media. She was lovely and humerous about it and we were happy to help protecting her.

I also flew other Royals and they were all very nice and pleasant except for Prince Henrik of Denmark, too pompous.

Do I have a favorite, yes I do. Three in fact, the late King Gustav VI Adolf of Sweden, a real old fashioned gentleman, the late King Olav of Norway, nice and friendly and the late King Fredrik of Denmark, slightly flirteous and a great sense of humour.:swedenstandard::norwayflag::daneflag:

My parents live on Oland just a few kilometres from Solliden. They've met the king and the queen a number of times when they've (king and queen, not my parents :) ) been out and about in private. Well as much in private as you can be when you always have security people around.

Anyway, eventhough my dad is a self-proclaimed republican (!) he admits to them (and the king especially) being very pleasant.

I myself have met the queen once, but that was during an award ceremony when I was 15. What surprised me the most was how short she was.

My g-g-grandfather was from Oland! That really puzzled my father... the family kept saying "We're Swedish" but they insisted the place was called Holland. (This same g-g-grandfather used to proclaim he was a descendant of the kings of Sweden ... IMO unlikely unless someone had a hankering for the peasantry. :lol:)

My g-g-grandfather was from Oland! That really puzzled my father... the family kept saying "We're Swedish" but they insisted the place was called Holland. (This same g-g-grandfather used to proclaim he was a descendant of the kings of Sweden ... IMO unlikely unless someone had a hankering for the peasantry. :lol:)

Mine said the same thing! Ha ha! Maybe we're related! :lol: I was even told a story about my forefathers having to move to the US because of an illegitimate child needing to take the father's name! I'm assuming this would have been my g-g-grandfather!

How funny! Maybe all Swedish immigrants think they're royals who had to flee!

Your family surname wouldn't have been Nelson or Nelsen, would it?

No, Cronander- before that, andersson. ;)

there was a name change! haha!

Last edited by a moderator:
I tell you, my relative's surname was just awful. On both sides of the family (Swedish and Norwegian, my grandfather was both) they tended to have such common names. It makes it terribly hard to trace people if you have 50 people of the right age and you don't know much more about them.

When my great grandfather emigrated, his last name went from Svensson to Swanson. So, when it came time for me to choose a new first name to go along with my new life, I thought what could be better than an Anglicized version of a Swedish name where upon I cose Kristen

A discussion about members' surnames and family history should go in the General Chit Chat sub-forum of the Member's Corner. If you wish to continue this discussion, please do it there. Any future off-topic posts will be deleted.

JessRulz
Swedish Forum Mod

My grandparents were visiting Sweden, and my great-grandmother, who was from Sweden, wrote the King and asked if they could come for a visit. The Royal Palace wrote back and said, "yes, please let us know when they're coming through and we will welcome them at the palace."

Definitely a benefit of a small country!

How neat! Did they get to meet the King? Was it the current King or a previous one?

My grandparents were visiting Sweden, and my great-grandmother, who was from Sweden, wrote the King and asked if they could come for a visit. The Royal Palace wrote back and said, "yes, please let us know when they're coming through and we will welcome them at the palace."

Definitely a benefit of a small country!

How perfect! I can't believe how nice that is...actually it gives me an idea.;)

I saw princess Madeleine once walking on Kungsgatan, Stockholm... or actually I didnt see HER... at first I just saw two HUGE (and pretty good locking )men walking behind a blond girl... and then of course I had to take a look at the blondie, and it was Madeleine :)

It's interesting how royalty complain about attention but they go about their daily business with very conspicuous burly body guards.

Apart from the stuff in my signature i have also seen the queen once more than that. It was when i was on a schooltrip to Stockholm around 91. We walked passed NK and suddenly there was a lot of fences erected. We asked what it was all about. The queen had a desire to visit NK apperantly and we saw her from across the street.

In 1990 i was only a few blocks from were they were on June 6. The king and queen was to host a June 6 gala in Vasteras and i was going to a farewellparty for a teatcher and passed were they held the event but never saw them, only the crowd.

OK, not exactly the royal family, but almost...:)
During the lunch break today (just a few minutes ago) I ran into Eva and Olle Westling at a clothing store in my hometown. They were well dressed, happy, short and went to the children's clothes...

Back
Top Bottom