Opening of the Exhibition "Astrid: Princess of Sweden,Queen of Belgium": May 25, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lena

Heir Apparent
City
Mandø
Country
Denmark
Opening of the Exhibition "Astrid: Princess of Sweden,Queen of Belgium": May 25, 2005

Here you can post pictures of the exhibition, which was opened in Stockholm under the presence of swedish, norwegian, luxembourgian and belgian Royals
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
First picture of the (meeting in Stockholm castle before the) opening of the exhibition "Astrid, princess of Sweden, queen of Belgium", which marks the 100th birthday of the late queen.
In the picture (from left to right): queen Paola, crown princess Victoria, princess Astrid, king Albert and prince Lorenz.
I´m amazed, that so many of the belgian Royals were present. I couldn´t spot this duty in their schedule a few days ago.
The picture is from royalcourt.se

Attachments

• belg.jpg
    belg.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 839
Last edited:
Pictures of Victoria picking up the belgian Royals at the airport. It seems she´s doing a "Letizia", which means to go down in front of a monarch as deep as possible...
The pictures are from belga.be

Attachments

• belg1.jpg
    belg1.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 349
  • belg2.jpg
    belg2.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 343
  • belg3.jpg
    belg3.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,358
  • belg4.jpg
    belg4.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 324
And to make this thread a bit "sapid" for you: it seems princess Madeleine was also present. She was not listed in the schedule (maybe she didn´t know, how this would be with her studies. As much as I know the swedish term ends soon), but she was there. And since we see her so seldom and since she´s (almost) always dressed elegant and interesting, it is always special to get pics of her.
Here a little "taster"->thumbnail from scanpix

Attachments

• belg.jpg
    belg.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 1,799
From Getty Images.

Here's one more.

Attachments

• 52989591.jpg
    52989591.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 561
Thanks for the photos. Doing a Letizia, seems to be the latest craze among royals!:) The Crown Princess looks good. It makes sense that Madeleine would be there because of her studies and her interests. I like that last photo. Several houses represented. Neat. The Belgian people still hold a place in their heart for Queen Astrid so it´s nice to see that several members came to Sweden for this.

Some of Madaleine and Carl-Philip.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 352
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 394
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 389
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 497
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 440
Some photos of the exhibition.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 426
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 388
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 328
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 356
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 385
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 311
I didn't quite like the outfit of Grand Duchess Maria-Teresa. It was fine but it was too much for the event.

More to come.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 355
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 339
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 377
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 394
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 363
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 378
  • 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 452
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 449
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 373
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 392
More to come.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 348
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 420
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 329
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 349
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 383
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 467
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 460
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 337
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 448
  • 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 357
Last batch. BTW all the pics I've posted are from Imagine Scandinavia. I posted pics of non-Swedish royals too because a lot of the pics overlap and I figured rather than post pics more than once in diffrent threads I would just put them all here and put links to this thread in the diffrent family threads. Hope this is OK. If not let me know and I will move the pics!

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 418
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 723
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 403
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 365
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 310
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 410
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 392
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 429
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 307
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 361
Last edited:
thanks for posting the pics! Nice to see so many royals at the same time :)

I like what Madeleine is wearing, when she wore that dress in Spain I did not like it at all. But with no hat and hair down it looks really good on her!

marezdote said:
Last batch. BTW all the pics I've posted are from Imagine Scandinavia. I posted pics of non-Swedish royals too because a lot of the pics overlap and I figured rather than post pics more than once in diffrent threads I would just put them all here and put links to this thread in the diffrent family threads. Hope this is OK. If not let me know and I will move the pics!

Thank you for posting, Marezdote...also thanks to Mette2.
I would even say, this is an very good idea. And I hope we all will handle it like this in the future. IMO photos of Royals from different countries together should be always posted in the forum of the Royals, which receive the others in their country.
So we can save space.

Thanks for all the pictures, it was nice that so many royals turned out. Princess Astrid looked like one of these old time moviestars when she was young

I think Princess Madeleine looked very elegant, I love her suit and I also loved it in Spain, defenetly better and younger without the hat though. I think the rest of the royals also looked well turned out with the glaring exception og Maria Theresa. All the others had opted for understaded and classic lines and she went overboard with the unflattering dress and the frills and the giant necklace IMO

I agree with you Larzen. Maria Teresa´s dress is not flattering at all. She is short and not so thin... she should show of her curves with "light" materials instead of that messy and to colourful outfit.

I think all the queens looked really lovely! I loved Queen Silvia's white satin jacket/coat with the black borders. She looked very stylish and chic. Queen Sonja also looked nice, although I she would've looked more superb is the jacket was all white instead of half black and half white. I loved her jewelry though..;)

Princess Madeleine looked wonderful in her suit, I think the Crown Princess could've looked better. The red dress is tolerable but with THAT ponytail and not so stylish black pumps and the black bag, she looked a bit boring.

The Grand Duchess also didn't look as well as she could. She is a short full-figured woman and she doesn't have the stature to carry very fussy outfits. The outfit simply simply had too much going on with it. Although her shoes were nice.Simple and sleek is best for the the GDss. For example at the inauguration of the new pope and here..http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=132301

Princess Madeleine looked lovely.

I loved her green suit, that colour really suits her. :)

I loved Queen Silvia's outfit too. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just going to say Q Sylvia's outfit was beautiful. I wonder who designed it.

From newscom:

Attachments

• gamma129839.jpg
    gamma129839.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 361
  • gamma129840.jpg
    gamma129840.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 322
  • gamma129841.jpg
    gamma129841.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 281
By now, Natan seems to have become the No. 1 Royal dresser, with Queen Silvia starting to wear his designs as well! Her outfit is great indeed, especially in close-up. Queen Paola looks pretty too, and Princess Madeleine's suit is perfect without the unfortunate hat she wore to the Spanish wedding. CP Victoria's dress is beautiful, but it seems she doesn't know how to accessorize it - that's why the overall impression is a little drab, including the hairstyle or the lack thereof, and so she appears to be underdressed.
All Royal ladies look splendid though by comparison to the Grand Duchess of Luxemburg. As for her dress... I'm sorry to say, but it's totally vulgar and inappropriate for any occasion unless she puts it on for a late night shift working in a bar. I don't mind her 'full figure' at all, she still has a beautiful face, but it seems that she has no taste whatsoever. If she gets her outfits right on occasion, it must be by sheer luck. Her husband looks slightly embarassed sitting next to her, and I fully understand why.

Queen Silvia and queen Paola have been wearing Natan for over ten years, but the fashion house only got huge media coverage when Mathilde came along in 1999 (and some other princesses in her train...).

So it's actually nothing new for Silvia. When she was on state visit in Belgium (in 2000?) she said she comes to belgium quite often because one of her brothers lives there, so that's perhaps how she discovered Belgian fashion.

BTW Maria Teresa was also wearing Natan, but it wasn't exactly the right choice :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Maria Teresa's outfit is by Natan too?? Wow... that's hard to believe as the designs by Natan are usually so elegant and clean-cut and un-fussy... M-T must have chosen one of the worst designs they ever come up with. To say 'it wasn't exactly the right choice' is putting it mildly and being very charitable. Thanks for the info anyway, Cathérine.
As far as I know, there was supposed to be an evening function connected to the exhibition opening - a gala concert, I believe. Has anybody seen photos from this?

New photos

These photos from from a concert prior to the inauguration of an exhibition for Astrid, who was the Queen of Belgium and a Princess of Sweden. It was held on May 27th and Queen Sonja, Princess Astrid and her husband, Lorenz attended as well. The exhibit is on at the royal palace in Stockholm. (I think she's wearing the same dress from the Spanish wedding last year)

Attachments

• atinaugurationofexhibition.jpg
    atinaugurationofexhibition.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 528
  • may27th.jpg
    may27th.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 451
  • priortoexhibitionofastrid, queenofbelgium, princess of sweden.jpg
    priortoexhibitionofastrid, queenofbelgium, princess of sweden.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 488
Various pics from UKpress, part I

Attachments