Opening of Parliament, Riksdagen 2003-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Opening of Swedish Parlament 03.10.2006

Photos from Polfoto

Last edited by a moderator:
Queen Silvia was wearing very beautiful brooch with 4 pearls

Am I right in thinking that the Swedish, Danish and Norwegian Paliaments were all opened on the same day?

Last edited:
The pink jacket Victoria wore at the concert, could it be a new version of the hideous coat she wore at the Kings birthday in 2005?

If so thats good :)

Same Day for All

Wasn't the Opening of the Parliament used to be September? What was the reason for the change? Also, I do not recall any concert for the event? thanks

It depends the Opening of Parliament usually takes place between late September - early October each year.

Princess Lilian is good alert and high age is 91!!! She is going strong and princess Lilian see out happy!!! She hold with Queens ladies. Princess Lilian hold with one of Queens ladies,on photo behind old ladies Elisabeth Palmstierna is baronessa to Princess Lilian. Princess Lilian and Baronessa Elisabeth Palmstierna is of the same age. It is Princess Lilian elegant dress and beautiful hat!!! Queen Silvia is much beautiful dress and hat!

Tartucat said:
Queen Silvia was wearing very beautiful brooch with 4 pearls

Photo from ppe-agency.com
That is a lovely brooch and I must say that the queen very lovely and I liked her hat too. In fact, the Queen and the two princesses did very well with hats this year. That's something one can't say too often when it comes to the Bernadottes and hats. A winning Hats policy by the Bernadottes would be most excellent!:lol:

More photos from the opening of the Swedish parliament 03.10.2006.

H.M. The King, H.M. The Queen, H.R.H. The Crown Princess
Attendance at a concert connected to the Opening of Parliament
The Concert Hall, Stockholm

Photos from PPE Agency

Wow! It's that time already. I was just wondering what happens at the close of Parliament? (Im not even sure of when that is:ermm:. When does it close?)

Wow! It's that time already. I was just wondering what happens at the close of Parliament? (Im not even sure of when that is:ermm:. When does it close?)
Is that a special event? I as a Swede have never heard of it...

A webcast is available online via SVT. Just go to svt.se - Startsida and then click on "Följ sändningen här!" beside the camera icon located under the picture of the Parliament.

How strange: why doesn't Victoria wear a hat while Madeleine and Silvia wear one?

Picture series at Nyheter. Taken directly from television, is my guess, which is why the quality is fairly bad.

Press Nästa bild » to get to the next picture.

The royal family appear in the end, while the pictures before has a lot to do with ceremony. Among other things there was folk costumes from all over Sweden represented.

Queen Silvia and Victoria are both wearing headpieces and Madeleine is really the only one wearing a hat.

No complaints about what anyone is wearing this year. Everyone looks nice. Madeleine's attire is probably least pleasing to me, just a little blah. And I don't like the way the hat is sitting on her head, it just doesn't allow her to really be seen.

I really noticed Victoria's accessories. I think those really helped her add some nice touches to the outfit.

I like this family. The Queen as usual is very simple and elegant as well as classy. I think out of all the Queens, she is the best. She never forgets any little detail, and is always dressed to the nines whatever the event. She is not old nor frumpy. The epitome of what a Queen should be.
She looks wonderful today as well as the rest of the family.

After the very regal opening ceremony of Paliament of yesteryear was scaled down, Queen Silvia started the tradition of wearing black and white only for this occasion in hommage to the black & white court dress. These days the (modified) court dresses are only worn by ladies-in-waiting for grand formal events.
Regarding the hats, both the Queen & the CP look great in wide-brimmed hats but I like this alternative too as long as it doesn't resemble a dead bird after being hit by a truck on a highway - that look being most poular with certain Royals for a reason that totally escapes me.
I hope the agencies will provide us with some pics from the accompaying concert tonight like they did last year!

I like this family. The Queen as usual is very simple and elegant as well as classy. I think out of all the Queens, she is the best. She never forgets any little detail, and is always dressed to the nines whatever the event. She is not old nor frumpy. The epitome of what a Queen should be.
She looks wonderful today as well as the rest of the family.

Sesa, I absolute agree with you! :flowers:

Best dressed for me is Madeleine. Thanks for pictures.

No Princess Lilian? I thought when they said the whole RF would be there they meant Lilian too.

I believe that princess Lilian is nowadays much too frail to take part to official duties. I feel sad for it, because princess Lilian is one of my favourites of the royals.

I think Victoria looked extremely elegant. I just wish she will do her hair this way more often than the everlasting pony tail. Madeleine looked very ordinary, her hat was too far forward on her face. The Queen looked lovely as always.

Stellad

No Princess Lilian? I thought when they said the whole RF would be there they meant Lilian too.

Apparently just the King, Queen and their children for now.

Translation of the beginning of the King's speech:

Today we open the council of the realm (Parliament) here in Stockholm. At the same time, the United Nation's General Assembly in New York opens. There is therefore a special occasion to bring to mind those eight millennium goals that the UN agreed on in year 2000, to be finished by year 2015.

One of the goals is to halve the poverty in the world, another clean water and basic education for all, and stop the spreading of HIV/AIDS
- The King then goes on to talk about how important it is that Sweden helps with this, and how international cooperation is important if one should reach such goals. He also talked about how he's met heads of state on state visits and these things have been on the agenda.

He also talked about how democracy is important in terms of making decisions, and the parliament is the foundation for that. http://www.royalcourt.se/kungafamil...tember2007.5.367010ad11497db6cba80002740.html

Last edited:
I think all three ladies looked great! I really like Madeleine's hat too.

In my opinion,Both the queen and the crownprincess looked fabulous.Princess Madleine is ok but I don't like her skirt.

Her Majesty and Crown Princess Victoria look really nice. However, Princess Madeleine looks somewhat washed out. In my personal opinion, her outifit needs a little splash of colour to balance the whiteness.

Back
Top Bottom