Old 09-09-2014, 03:18 PM
Courtier

Very Very Interesting Reads! Thanks!

Old 09-09-2014, 09:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I like King Oscar II's writing room.
I would enjoy writing to Grand-mere in this room.

Old 09-09-2014, 09:38 PM
Courtier

Very interesting; beautiful interiors;
Thank you, Your Majesty!
Old 03-26-2015, 03:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

From 23th June 1999
Thank you, Victoria that you spoke about your illness
Tack, Victoria för att du orkade prata om din sjukdom - Debatt - folket.se
Translation
Old 12-14-2015, 06:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

DI Weekend republished recently the large interview they made of Victoria in November 2003, when Victoria was 26 old. The interview was made in Washington.
Some questions and answers:
If you would not be the crown princess, what job would you like then?
"The area I have studied this week in Washington, international conflict, is an area I would have willingly worked with. Gladly for an international organization such as the UN. I am also very interested in the environment, culture and nature, but something specific profession in those I never thought about"
Have you ever felt, "Well, now that's enough, I don't want to be crown princess anymore"?
"No, I don't see that as an alternative for me. But I have doubted myself. I had a period in my life when I was feeling really bad and felt I couldn't live up to the tough demands that I put on myself."
Is there anything that would make you consider to abdicate?
"If the Swedish people don't want me to fulfill my task, then I obviously will not do it. That's the only reason."
What do you think are required for us to get a more even distribution of women and men in leadership positions in business?
"The starting point must be that it is a given that women are as capable as men. Then it is a fact that the experience and past jobs are crucial to who will get a job at a management position."
How do you see gender quotas?
"A sensitive question. I don't know if that's what it takes, but personally I would like to get a job because of my skills."
You yourself have had your job through inheritance and not the suitability or competence. Doesn't it feel outmoded?
"I have a position that is very difficult to just jump into. Almost an entire life is needed to take on the role."
What is your argument for us to keep the monarchy?
"The royal family has an important role to play as apolitical symbol of Sweden."
Wouldn't it be great to meet and get to know more people your own age? Say that it takes 20-30 years before taking over the throne - then maybe all of your advisors have died or become senile? (Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, 53, and Jan Eliasson, 62, in the seats next laugh happily when the question is asked.)
"I surround myself with people I enjoy and who above have all the knowledge and experience needed. When today's 20-year-olds have as much knowledge I can call to them, too. I address the issue to the person who is best placed to take it."
Isn't it boring to talk to old men all the time?
"I get the question often from my friends. But somehow I never felt this way because I have always been able to learn so much by talking to these people."
Everyone I've talked to here in Washington praises you for your commitment and talent. Still, I've read about your problems with dyslexia - is that something you are still suffering?
"Yes. I have mainly problems with plowing through large text material. I have to read the text several times and make my own notes for it to go well. But you learn to deal with it. One just have to accept that it takes time".
You take frantically notes during seminars and presentations. What do you do with all the notes?
"Because of my dyslexia, it is difficult for me to just listen, I have to take my own notes so that it sticks in the memory. I also save the notes to go back to them if I should do a return visit or a visit where similar things should be handled."
Your schedule in Washington has been busy, and from morning to night you are in the center and have all eyes on you. You must be exhausted in the evenings?
"Of course I'm tired, but you get used to it. This week hasn't actually been more busy than any other. And I sleep a lot in the car between meetings."
»Jag har tvivlat på mig själv« - Di Weekend
Translation
Old 12-14-2015, 07:21 AM
Majesty

Thanks for this interview! I've long looked for interviews given by Victoria, but I had difficulty in finding some decent one, as they are mainly in swedish. Victoria always sounds so sensitive but reasonable. I loved that she said she would abdicate only if the public wanted her to... Luckily enough, she is the most popular member of the family in Sweden, so I daresay this demand will not likely be handed over....

LadyFinn, do you have a link to her 18th birthday interview? I've always wanted to hear or read what she said, but I could only find a small videoclip in swedish so far...
Old 01-23-2017, 12:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

A three-page article of Victoria at Romanian magazine The Art of Living, spring 2015.
Crown Princess Victoria – a mirror of the Swedish nation _ The Art of Living

http://www.theartofliving.info/img/i...94a1e32788.jpg
Old 06-18-2017, 04:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

An article from August 2002

The Crown Princess is strictly guarded
Victoria speaks of concern for her safety
The brutal kidnapping of multi-millionaire Erik Westerberg shocked most wealthy young people in Sweden. Several of them are the Crown Princess's closest friends for a long time.
And now Victoria is afraid that something like that will happen.
- She is worried about her friends and I know that the royal couple feel the same way, says the head of the press Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg.
For five days Victoria has participated in a defence course including topics about terrorism, threat scenarios and crisis management at Solbacka Conference Center.
- It has been an informative course that has been extremely rewarding on several levels, Victoria says.
Terrorism and threats concern her most - as Sweden's future head of state, she can at any time be subjected to an assault.
The Crown Princess is always guarded by two armed bodyguards from Säpo's personal protection department.
How does the Crown Princess feel to be constantly surrounded by bodyguards?
- I've always had bodyguards. It's part of my situation and my everyday life. I have got such a good group, and it is important because they are so close to me.
The kidnapping of Erik Westerberg has caused reactions within the court. Neither the Crown Princess nor the royal family knows the 23-year-old, but in connection with the kidnapping drama, Säpo strengthened their guard.
Nothing was left by chance. Victoria is aware of the risks:
- It's not a game. If something happens then it's serious and then the bodyguards need to act, Victoria says.
She has been afraid that her friends get into trouble. This week, a weekly magazine published detailed information, including the street addresses of friends.
- It worries her. She doesn't want to put her friends in something like this. We have talked about the risks, both before and after the incident with Erik Westerberg, says Tarras-Wahlberg.
Kronprinsessan är hårdbevakad _ Aftonbladet
Old 06-27-2017, 12:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

An article from 2015. Photographer Jonas Ekströmer tells about taking photos of the royal family.

How did you start photographing the royal family?
- The first time was when I worked at Barometern. There were some photo sessions at Solliden the same year as Crown Princess Victoria was born. When the Crown Princess was newborn, we were not allowed to take any photos, but some years later we were a number of photographers standing at the entrance at Solliden. Suddenly the Crown Princess toddled on the gravel and it was truly a memorable event.
- Then there have been more photos in different contexts over the years. Partly at weddings, trips and other public events. I have also taken some private photos, but because of privacy I don't want to talk so much about it.
The awesome family photo you took in connection with the Crown Princess couple's wedding, tell me how it happened!
- It was only a month before the wedding that I was asked to take the official wedding pictures. I was a bit surprised, but of course it was a very fun and honorable assignment that I immediately thanked yes.
- As for the big family photo, there were 69 people who would be in it. The requirement was that it should go fast. I think I was doing for a maximum of one minute to take that photo.
Well, I thought it was a job that took a lot of time!
- Fortunately, the master of the ceremonies decided where everyone would stand, so I could not control that much when it came to it. It's just good that it was fast, because people get easily tired of standing still for too long. As a photographer, you have to always talk to them to keep their attention. I was able to take about 35 photos on that minute and I was satisfied with the photo that was then selected.
- I took even more photos of the couple in another room. Before that I discussed with the Queen who was interested and wanted to know, among other things, how the flower girls would stand in the photo.
How is it to take part at royal family's trips?
- It's exciting. Now in March, I was with Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel in South Korea. Such journeys often involve an amazingly tight schedule. What turns out is that the Crown Princess is a very kind person. The Crown Princess is always humble and great to have and do with.
When there are several photographers in the same place, do you help each other or keep everyone at their fingertips?
- Ha ha, it's clear you want to take the best photo. We usually are a small group of photographers who are on those trips, and we spend almost all the time together and have fun together. We know each other well so there are really no hard feelings.
Do you never feel that you are disturbing when you come with your camera?
- At most official events, it is included in the game. But it's different in for example funerals or other private situations. Then, of course, it is more sensitive. We at TT News Agency don't take so-called paparazzi photos and it feels very good. I don't want to do things like that.
Jonas Ekströmer - kimono.se