Luxembourg State Visit to Sweden: April 15-17, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The website of the Luxembourg goverment has the programme of the visit on their website, look here (in french).

Courtesey: Joris at the SRMB

The website of the Luxembourg goverment has the programme of the visit on their website, look here (in french).

Courtesey: Joris at the SRMB
Today events:

Crown Princess Victoria and Princess Madeleine will recive to the Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa at Arlanda Airport.

Wellcome ceremony at the Royal Palace.

Privat lunch at the Royal Palace, will asist the Foyal Family, and the Grand Dukes of Luxembourg

The Gran Duke Henri will meet with the Parlament President, while the Grand Duchess Maria Teresa an Queen Silvia will visit the Fryhuset.

The Grand Duke and Grand Duchess visits the Vasa Museum and walk around in the Old Town

Gala Dinner in honor to the Grand Dukes of Luxembourg.

Last edited:
Thanks Paty for posting the pics!

I´m not sure i like what Victoria is wearing... The colour i don´t really like and the hat looks strange, and the jacket cover her all up.. Madeleine looks better so far - even though she is wearing a ponytail (witch Victoria isn´t :eek:) :lol: I think that Victorias dress will look much better if she takes the jacket off.

Can´t wait for the gala tonight - let´s hope for some good (new?) dresses and fab jewels, maybe it´s time for the princesses to try some new tiaras?

There is some more information on Sofia's Royal Sweden

----------

On another note, wow - what a refreshing colour from Victoria!! Fabulous!!!

Do we know why the King and Queen did not go to the airport?

I only know that the Kings were in the Royal Place waiting for them.

PPE´s Gallery. Wellcome Ceremony at the Royal Palace

PPE Agency

Last edited by a moderator:
Victoria looked great! Love to see her with such a lovely hat and wearin bright shiny colors!
I don't like Madeleine's look that much. The hat looks okay (altrhough she has worn much better ones) , but the suit looks really ill-fitting.

Last edited:
The hats of Madelaine and Victoria makes me suspicious... they probably went shopping in Brussels and got them from Fabienne Delvigne.

Nice to see the welcoming ceremony in Stockholm, I am glad to see that the Swedes are actually using their carriages (the Dutch stopped these provcessions in the late 80-ties I think). They must be the only ones, with the British of course. Does anybody know from where to where the royal party gets transported in the carriages?

What temperature is it in Sweden btw, since the Queen is in furs and the Grand Duchess also uses it. The Grand Duchess looks especially nice IMO.

Last edited:
There is some more information on Sofia's Royal Sweden

----------

On another note, wow - what a refreshing colour from Victoria!! Fabulous!!!

I most State Visits to Sweden the visitor is greeted by the Crown Princess at the and travels with heir to the Royal mews where the meet the King and Quuen. From there then is a carraige-procession to the Royal palace where to official welcoming ceremony takes place.

I heard Vick's suit is by Natan.
Another Princess is infected with the virus. :D
Well, but I think the suit is really beautiful. It somehow does not look like the other Natan stuff that is worn by some of the Benelux-ladies and Mum Silvia. :whistling:

Ah, so we can look forward to seeing this outfit in different colours on Maria Teresa, Maxima, Mathilde, Claire and maybe even Paola....sigh! So the hat should definately be by Fabienne Delvign then, as the two are like siamese twins.

Now I am really looking forward to the tiara event of tonight. I hope that Silvia will wear the Braganca whopper and that Maria Teresa will wear the Russian whopper. I think these two tiaras must be the largest ones in the collection of the reigning european families, I wonder which one wins ;)

Will there be two tiara events btw or just the dinner tonight?

Ah, so we can look forward to seeing this outfit in different colours on Maria Teresa, Maxima, Mathilde, Claire and maybe even Paola....sigh! So the hat should definately be by Fabienne Delvign then, as the two are like siamese twins.

Now I am really looking forward to the tiara event of tonight. I hope that Silvia will wear the Braganca whopper and that Maria Teresa will wear the Russian whopper. I think these two tiaras must be the largest ones in the collection of the reigning european families, I wonder which one wins ;)

Will there be two tiara events btw or just the dinner tonight?

I too hope that Maria Teresa bring her whooper tiara with, but as Joséphine-Charlotte didn't it could also be that she opt for another. I hope that she doen't take the aquamarines like in Denmark. They would go well with the sash. as i expect her to get the Order of the Seraphime today.

All these pictures are wonderful.... Everyone looks great especially MT!!!!

Everyone looks wonderful! Can't wait for tonight.

Yeah for me! My 2 favorite families together in one place with some nice pictures of all of them!:flowers:

I heard Vick's suit is by Natan.
Another Princess is infected with the virus. :D
Well, but I think the suit is really beautiful. It somehow does not look like the other Natan stuff that is worn by some of the Benelux-ladies and Mum Silvia. :whistling:

The cut of the skirt-part of the dress looks a lot like other Natan-creations (the skirt of Maxima at the christening, the skirts of Mathilde in early pregnancy and in summer 2007, etc. etc.)
I think it had looked better if it was cut as a classical pencil-skirt.

Darn it, no whoppers!

The ladies look nice though, especially the Grand Duchess. Is she wearing the Belgian tiara of Josephine-Charlotte?

Is that Prince Carl-Johans wife behind Victoria and Carl-Philip in your first picture?

The Grandduchess looks very nice, but Queen Silvia...., I think the yellow sash from the order doesn't match very well with her pink gown
Princess Victoria looks quite nice.

Darn it, no whoppers!

The ladies look nice though, especially the Grand Duchess. Is she wearing the Belgian tiara of Josephine-Charlotte?

Is that Prince Carl-Johans wife behind Victoria and Carl-Philip in your first picture?

I believe that is Countess Wachtmeister a lady-in-waiting of Queen Silvia.

Not so fond of the queens outfit tonight, we have seen it many times before and it didn´t look so good against the sasch and the saphires, but Victoria looked great - a really beutiful dress, i just wished she would have worn a necklace to it but she always looks great in that tiara. I haven´t really decided about Madeleines dress yet... The Grandduchess looked good.

More photos:
Getty Images
I like Victoria´s dress, and she looks beautiful. Madeleine is too much like a Hollywood Star, I don´t like her style and dress at all tonight. And she should have put her hair up. Queen Silvia, I´m not so fond of that color of her dress. Grand Duchess Maria Teresa has a beautiful dress, maybe she should have chosen a different color.

Back
Top Bottom