The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-15-2008, 10:18 PM
Serene Highness

I thought Madde and MT both looked stunning! Silvia looked regal as usual. Carl, handsome as always I was underwhelmed with Victoria's dress though.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Dissapointed wth the Sweedish ladies. Victoria looked like a 60's toilet roll holder and Madeleine, one of Gold Members (Austin Powers) lady companions. And what of Silvia? Burn that evening dress. Colour's reasonably ok, but that's about it.

As for Maria Theresa......what a sight!!! This lady just continues to impress me (except for the Dutch and Belgian State Banquets).

She's a chunky latina, but she dresses so elegantly (much of the time). Even when you can see a roll or two she looks brilliant. And I mention her build with the utmost respect.

And what a fabulous choice in jewellery. Loving the old work charm she brings...diamond chocker accompanied by a diamond riviere...I say next time add a strand or two of pearls, or even a slightly larger diamond riviere. HRH would work it and it would look so damn classy, imo.

Lovely choice of tiara aswell. And to think they were going to auction it. Talk about moments of insanity!!!

Lovely evening dress, though leave the beaded straps alone.

Gogroeus brooch too. It's the second time she's worn it in Sweden. The other time being to Carl XVI Gustav's 60th Birthday Gala Banquet.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 04-16-2008, 03:57 AM
Serene Highness

waouh victoria looks fabulous !!!!!!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 04-16-2008, 04:55 AM
Moderator Emeritus

15-04-2008 Grand Duchess Maria Teresa and Queen Silvia with Grand Duke Henri visited the Vasa Museum and the Old Town.

PPE Agency
Old 04-16-2008, 05:59 AM
Heir Apparent

And I have to say that Maria Theresa's arrival outfit was pure elegance!

A beautifully tailored suit and such striking colours for HRH. Great use of fur (LOVE IT) and the hat, shoes and clutch are so so perfect.

Here, imo, is the personification of what a Grand Duchess should look like in public.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 04-16-2008, 06:30 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post

Is that Prince Carl-Johans wife behind Victoria and Carl-Philip in your first picture?
You're right, it is Countess Gunnila Bernadotte of Wisborg and her husband. I think she has worn that dress before. It's kind of fitting that they were there, since it was Grand Duchess Charlotte of Luxembourg who granted the title of Count of Wisborg to the Swedish Princes who married without permission.

I love Crown Princess Victoria's outfits, both day and night! She is getting more stylish and beautiful every day. It was so fun to see her wear such a strong colour like she did during the day, very unusual for her.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:41 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the information and links!

Why don't walk the king yesterday with the guests and queen though Stockholm Gamla Stan and don't visit Vasa-museum?
Old 04-16-2008, 07:33 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Grand Duke Henri, King Carl Gustaf and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa visits Tallbohovskolan, a school outside Stockholm

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#
Old 04-16-2008, 08:26 AM
Nobility

Princess Victoria looks amazing,her dress is stunning!!
Old 04-16-2008, 09:25 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty View Post
Grand Duke Henri, King Carl Gustaf and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa visits Tallbohovskolan, a school outside Stockholm

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#
Once again, I find the Grand Duke the best-dressed of the whole bunch. He is soo handsome
Old 04-16-2008, 09:53 AM
Nobility

Great picturs from the royal families, they are nice dressed, the grey had of the duches i don't like. But the princesses are beautifull !!!
Old 04-16-2008, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Victoria : Awful galadress. I don't like it at all. Makes her look matronly.
Madeleine: Much better then her daytime oufit. She looked lovely.
Silvia: I love pink. So I loved her dress.
MT: Not sure. She looked lovely.
But I am still shocked by Victoria's dress.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:46 AM
Courtier

Queen Silvias hat One of the worst i have ever seen - it looks like she has put a mushroom on top of her head... Victoria looked good, and i still love her gala dress from last night. Madeleine did not look good last night though - to much gold and shiny - she looked tacky...
Old 04-16-2008, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

What's that thing on Silvia's head? I guess it is supposed to be a hat?
It's really ugly.
The thing Victoria wears on her head isn't any better.
I have to admit that I hate this headpiece-fashion that came up a few years ago (I guess it was Mette-Marit who created this trend..wearing this flower headpiece on Ingrid's christening). Since then those flower-pots are worn way to often IMO.
The Ladies looked so lovely, wearing normal hats, yesterday. Today... disappointing.

Old 04-16-2008, 01:24 PM
Nobility

i realoly like victoria's outfit: slim black pencil skirt, black and white striped jacket. dislike the hat, but i guess it does bring some Spring-y exuberance to the rest of the outfit.

mt looks great. she always dresses elegantly (well almost always) and in a way which is flattering to her curvy figure.

it's amazing what clothes can do. mt looks slimmer than sylvia whose horizontally striped skirt makes her look wider.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:27 PM
Courtier

Today was a big improvement!
Victoria looked fabulous --- she lately seems to be having fun with fashion - she's young, why not?
Silvia looked very queenly --- the hat was OK --- I love when she wears a chignon like Victoria. Now, for daytime, she doesn't seem to put as much energy into her hair-dos. Her hair always looks the same in the daytime and she just plops a hat onto her head.
Marie Terese looked so much better today. She kept her outfit simple. Black is flattering and slimming. However, she needs to lengthen her skirts to just below her knees - above the knee hem lengths do not flatter her legs. And when she sits down and the skirt rides up exposing even more leg ... oh dear!
Like her longer, blonder hair-do. But, still piles on the make-up, too much blush.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:33 PM
Heir Apparent

The hats that ladies wore during a symposium on energy and environment at the Royal Swedish Academy of Science in Stockholm were not a good choice at all.
What is it exactly around Grand Duchess Maria Teresa's neck? Was it necessary to wear so many pieces at once? Additionally Grand Duchess definitely prefers to wear conical hats during this visit.
I like Crown Princess Victoria's outfit only: classical combination of colours and great hair style. I wish she did not wear that hat...
Old 04-16-2008, 01:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
Dissapointed wth the Sweedish ladies. Victoria looked like a 60's toilet roll holder and Madeleine, one of Gold Members (Austin Powers) lady companions. And what of Silvia? Burn that evening dress. Colour's reasonably ok, but that's about it.

As for Maria Theresa......what a sight!!! This lady just continues to impress me (except for the Dutch and Belgian State Banquets).

She's a chunky latina, but she dresses so elegantly (much of the time). Even when you can see a roll or two she looks brilliant. And I mention her build with the utmost respect.

And what a fabulous choice in jewellery. Loving the old work charm she brings...diamond chocker accompanied by a diamond riviere...I say next time add a strand or two of pearls, or even a slightly larger diamond riviere. HRH would work it and it would look so damn classy, imo.

Lovely choice of tiara aswell. And to think they were going to auction it. Talk about moments of insanity!!!

Lovely evening dress, though leave the beaded straps alone.

Gogroeus brooch too. It's the second time she's worn it in Sweden. The other time being to Carl XVI Gustav's 60th Birthday Gala Banquet.
Oh thank goodness, I thought that I was the only one that thought the Swedish ladies were lacking in the style department on this particular occasion. You are right MT is wonderful. I love that she's "chunky" and still dresses and carries herself well.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
Oh thank goodness, I thought that I was the only one that thought the Swedish ladies were lacking in the style department on this particular occasion. You are right MT is wonderful. I love that she's "chunky" and still dresses and carries herself well.
She really is a "hit or miss" in the fashion department. A lot of the times there is just too much going on - too much jewelry, too much make-up, waaaaay too short skirts - she's short and chunky, that's true. But a very good stylist
could help immensely. Sometimes (like yesterday) she looked a stuffed sausage roll. She does not wear hats well - todays simple pill-box style looked great. Last night's gala gown probably looked great in the designer's sketch, but in reality ... MT looked uncomfortable - the dress did not fit well on the top and she was clutching her wrap/stole for dear life. She needs to keep her upper arms at least partially covered. She has worn some beautiful gowns in the past which do just that. She looks great in the Empire-style gowns.
She needs to pare it way down (like today) and keep it simple with longer skirts, less make-up and simple jewelry.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Grand Duchess Maria Teresa and Queen Silvia arrive to visit Gustav III's Pavillion at Haga Park in Stockholm
Getty
Getty
Queen Silvia
Getty