Links and Websites about the Swedish Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Royal Court has had an Instagram account since last August.
https://instagram.com/kungahuset/

Today the website of Slottsboden / The Royal Gift Shop was opened. The range of products will be updated.
English
Royal gift shop
Swedish
Slottsboden

Expressen has already quite a long time had an Instagram account "Expressen kungligt", where they publish photos mostly of the swedish royals, but also others.
https://www.instagram.com/expressenkungligt/

Expressen's royal reporter Johan T Lindwall has just started his own Facebook where he publishes photos, videos and articles.
Johan T Lindwall Facebook

Last edited by a moderator:
On September 21, 2021, the parliamentary Committee on the Public Reward System, the General Flag Days and the Design of the Court's Grant completed its three-year investigation and released a 191-page report with a free-standing 440-page annex.

The annex to the report compiles a legal-historical study conducted by Martin Sunnqvist, associate professor at Lund University, covering dimensions of the monarchy and royal house inclusive of, but not limited to, the constitutional position, prerogatives, and functions of the monarchy; the king, the royal house and family, and the royal household; the development of the relationship between the monarchy and the government; financial grants and disposition of property; the public reward system, orders of chivalry, and medals; heraldry, titles, succession, and marriage.

Summaries in English can be read on page 17 of the report and page 409 of the annexed analysis.

The report
https://www.regeringen.se/4a6941/co...sningen-av-anslaget-till-hovet-sou-202174.pdf

The legal-historical analysis
https://www.regeringen.se/4a718f/co...-av-anslaget-till-hovet-sou-202174-bilaga.pdf

These links, along with other information released by the committee, were first posted by LadyFinn and discussed in the thread Costs and Finances of the Swedish Royal Family.

Last edited:
On September 21, 2021, the parliamentary Committee on the Public Reward System, the General Flag Days and the Design of the Court's Grant completed its three-year investigation and released a 191-page report with a free-standing 440-page annex.

The annex to the report compiles a legal-historical study conducted by Martin Sunnqvist, associate professor at Lund University, covering dimensions of the monarchy and royal house inclusive of, but not limited to, the constitutional position, prerogatives, and functions of the monarchy; the king, the royal house and family, and the royal household; the development of the relationship between the monarchy and the government; financial grants and disposition of property; the public reward system, orders of chivalry, and medals; heraldry, titles, succession, and marriage.
The appendix with Martin Sundqvist's legal-historical analysis is to my knowledge one of the most, if not the most, in-depth studies of the Swedish monarchy ever made. I had heard that we could expect a thorough and detailed report, but I couldn't have imagined something as remarkable as what we got. I'm certain that this will be the go-to reference for those researching different aspects of the monarchy for generations to come.

The official website has been renewed, improved and updated with some new lovely portraits of the family today, March 29.

A nice, modern look compared to the old version:

** kungahuset.se **

The official website has been renewed, improved and updated with some new lovely portraits of the family today, March 29.

A nice, modern look compared to the old version:

** kungahuset.se **

I loved the new look of the site. A more modern website with more content. :flowers:

It doesn't appear to have been considerably changed, but the technical upgrade has at least somewhat impaired the accessibility of the website. I also personally found the previous look to be more attractive and modern.

Unfortunately, the website did not redirect all of the old addresses to the new ones, with the consequence that many of the links to the website which were earlier posted on TRF and other forums, on social media, etc. will no longer be functional. In those cases, I recommend the Wayback Machine. https://web.archive.org

A more modern website with more content. :flowers:

Could you point out where more content has been added? :flowers: It is not apparent at first glance, but I have only taken a brief look at the new website.

It doesn't appear to have been considerably changed, but the technical upgrade has at least somewhat impaired the accessibility of the website. I also personally found the previous look to be more attractive and modern.

Unfortunately, the website did not redirect all of the old addresses to the new ones, with the consequence that many of the links to the website which were earlier posted on TRF and other forums, on social media, etc. will no longer be functional. In those cases, I recommend the Wayback Machine. https://web.archive.org

Could you point out where more content has been added? :flowers: It is not apparent at first glance, but I have only taken a brief look at the new website.

There has for instance been added "The Crown Princess through the years", many photos of the members of the royal family at the person's page. At every person's page is also the person's crown, the Seraphim Shield and monogram. And list of the person's orders. And there is a section "Meet the employees", presenting some employees of the Royal Court.

Last edited:
Trying to download some of the new official portraits, but couldn't access the media/press photos page. It comes up as "not found"... Does anyone else have the same problem?

The Royal Family launched an updated website. The new pictures include everyone involved in the royal family. Chris O'Neill is not included because he is not part of the Royal Family.
The photos were taken at the Royal Palace in a magnificent setting in full gala. They have also taken portraits and a family photo in nice but more everyday clothes.
The picture of Victoria has attracted some attention.
- The Crown Princess is more majestic than before. She gives a serious impression, it is a more queen-like image than what we have seen before and with a little more seriousness, says royal expert Sara Ericsson. She believes that the new images are in line with the king celebrating 50 years on the throne next year, the pictures are much more grandiose than before.
Estelle and Oscar have also received new photos. This is the first time we see Estelle in a long dress and with a small mini diadem.
Margareta Thorgren says that the work on the new website has been going on for some time.
- We saw this need already a number of years ago. It is a project that was important to carry out. Today, you have other requirements and expectations for a website, it must be able to work on both mobile, tablet and computer. It's about functionality and accessibility for everyone. During the pandemic, we have had time to develop the website.
Nya bilder på kungafamiljen, Victoria är drottninglik

To Svensk Damtidning Margareta Thorgen said:
- It has been planned for about a year and a half. It has been a fairly extensive work. Now there are much more pictures of the royal family. Prior to the development, we have conducted a feasibility study to find out what users take part in and need and what has been missing.
Hovets besked_ Därför raderar kungaparet allt – drastiska beslutet _*Svensk Dam

It's noteworthy that CP and Sofia are place AHEAD of Victoria and Daniel (as well as their children being placed ahead of V&D's children) on this section of the website.

I guess the king wanted to stress the male(-line) over the female(-line) descendants?!

It's noteworthy that CP and Sofia are place AHEAD of Victoria and Daniel (as well as their children being placed ahead of V&D's children) on this section of the website.

I guess the king wanted to stress the male(-line) over the female(-line) descendants?!
There are several instances in that list where younger siblings are placed before older siblings.

There has for instance been added "The Crown Princess through the years", many photos of the members of the royal family at the person's page. At every person's page is also the person's crown, the Seraphim Shield and monogram. And list of the person's orders. And there is a section "Meet the employees", presenting some employees of the Royal Court.

Thank you. After some more exploration of the website, I can see it's been supplemented with new content on a variety of topics, the royal collections most of all. The biographies of the members of the Royal House have also received a much needed update, and a section on the history of the monarchy has finally been written.

One motif throughout many of the updated sections is a striking increase in the focus given to the Crown Princess and her work.

On the other hand, there are also areas in which useful content has been removed. In particular, I can't understand why the renewed website seems to have erased all mentions of the Constitution and its framework for the monarchy.

And sadly, the English version of the website has fallen further behind the Swedish version with this update. Much of the new content in the Swedish was not translated into English and existing English content has been shortened or even deleted, for instance the sections for members of the Bernadotte family outside of the current Royal House.

There are several instances in that list where younger siblings are placed before older siblings.

The names are in the same order in which they appear in the family tree (to view the family tree, click on the link to the right of the portrait of King Carl XIV Johan). So the question is why they are out of order in the family tree - I suppose to save space.

Back
Top Bottom