June 6 - Sweden's National Day (2003-2009)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes bravo to you. Why would you want variety? They look great in those outfits. Madeleine looks about 4 years younger. I mean it´s funny because she is so young now but I mean just the way she looks.

Dennism  Posted: Jun 6th, 2004 - 2:33 pm

F. .... I liked the marches. Good upbeat music.
Any chance of a link to a clip?
I'm such a clutz with mp3 and peer-something sharing of music ..... ;)

Dennism  Posted: Jun 6th, 2004 - 2:42 pm

Why would you want variety? They look great in those outfits. Madeleine looks about 4 years younger.
Its just that this is the same outfit they wear every year.

Given the fact that the Bund (the norwegian traditional dress, that varies from town to town), I can't imagine that there is no variation across Sweden. I know in Germany, in the south there is variation from town to town, and I would imagine in Austria, there is also variation?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, you might want to play the clip of the program again. I don´t know where to find a clip of the music.

Originally posted by King Christian@Jun 6th, 2004 - 3:47 pm
Dennism  Posted: Jun 6th, 2004 - 2:42 pm

Why would you want variety? They look great in those outfits. Madeleine looks about 4 years younger.
Its just that this is the same outfit they wear every year.

Given the fact that the Bund (the norwegian traditional dress, that varies from town to town), I can't imagine that there is no variation across Sweden. I know in Germany, in the south there is variation from town to town, and I would imagine in Austria, there is also variation?
Yes. There is variation. I have seen traditional dresses that vary in color and in style from village to village and province to province.

Dennism  Posted: Jun 6th, 2004 - 2:50 pm

Yes. There is variation. I have seen traditional dresses that vary in color and in style from village to village and province to province.
So .... given there is variation, how come the Royal ladies don't represent all of Sweden through the years on June 6?

Don´t know why they do not. The first march was written for Queen Victoria. It is called "Drottning Victorias präsentiermarsch". The leader of the Army Band that was on stage wrote a march for Victoria when she turned 18. I liked the music they played when the flags arrived too.

Looking at todays photographs, the Crown Princess looked very much like her father.

Yes, in Austria this traditional costumes also vary from town to town. But if you want you can also wear a main cut, but different colours/patterns etc. So I had as kid different ones (-> confession time). But if you belong to a certain group you wear the same as the group.

Lena  Posted: Jun 6th, 2004 - 3:25 pm

Yes, in Austria this traditional costumes also vary from town to town. But if you want you can also wear a main cut, but different colours/patterns etc. So I had as kid different ones (-> confession time). But if you belong to a certain group you wear the same as the group.
Growing up, it was pretty funny wearing German Lederhosen (with two zippers) in Canada. :)

Thanks for the pictures, Lena.

Originally posted by King Christian@Jun 6th, 2004 - 9:30 pm

Growing up, it was pretty funny wearing German Lederhosen (with two zippers) in Canada. :)

Haha, I can imagine that...but it was surely cute to watch :p :flower:

I didn´t see too much of the Royal Family, could not turn all to my left. From the beginning we where supposed to be closer but one hour before the broadcast SÄPO ( the security) made som discision to move us...
Hope you enjoyed the day and the song. I´m glad you don´t know swedish ( allmost evereyone of you anyway). The lyrics to "Sveriges flagga" is so patriotic (à la 19-th century) it makes me blush :blush:

Yes. I can´t say that I heard you, Alva, but the choir did sound good. Too bad about SÄPO though. I hope you had fun.

So you´re the cute one :flower: Well, it´s not easy to judge, because the quality of the livestream here wasn´t that good, I bet the Swedes who could watch it on TV saw more. But from that what I could see, I would say you´re "snygg" :flower:

To me it seemed as if Madeleine and CP would have looked directly at the choir...they sat down later.

Originally posted by Lena@Jun 6th, 2004 - 5:06 pm
So you´re the cute one :flower: Well, it´s not easy to judge, because the quality of the livestream here wasn´t that good, I bet the Swedes who could watch it on TV saw more. But from that what I could see, I would say you´re "snygg" :flower:

To me it seemed as if Madeleine and CP would have looked directly at the choir...they sat down later.
Ja, look at that vacker flicka in the front row. She is more snygg than Madeleine. Don´t you think? :heart:

If only... But I doubt it. Madeleine is always the most "snygg". :lol: according to the media people.

Lena  Posted: Jun 6th, 2004 - 4:12 pm

Thanks for posting, GrandDuchess Wow, here it looks as if Madeleine would have a little halo/gloriole
That "Len" ..... quite a beautiful girl when she's not moody.

Originally posted by Lena@Jun 6th, 2004 - 4:06 pm

:blush: :blush: :blush: Now you making me blush again, or is it just the sun from the long hours at the rehersal earlier today? Thank you for the warm thaughts ( correct spelling???) coming all the way on the internet :rolleyes:

Hm, good question! Does the plan of Dennis and me finally bear fruits, and Elisabeth Tarras Wahlberg ( affectionately called "ETW") became member of the Royal family :p
To stay seriously, couldn´t it be that this is princess Christina?

But princess Christina had no offical duties this week :unsure: So maybe it´s a member of the government (?)

Lena  Posted: Jun 6th, 2004 - 4:34 pm

the plan of Dennis and me finally bear fruits, and Elisabeth Tarras Wahlberg ( affectionately called "ETW") became member of the Royal family
I'm not sure about your 'taste' here ... imho ETW should be fired for conspiracy against the throne, for getting CG into hot water with his remarks to the Sultan of Brunei. :grrr: :grrr:

I did not get a good look at her during the concert so I assumed it was a sister.

Originally posted by King Christian@Jun 6th, 2004 - 10:38 pm
Lena   Posted: Jun 6th, 2004 - 4:34 pm

the plan of Dennis and me finally bear fruits, and Elisabeth Tarras Wahlberg ( affectionately called "ETW") became member of the Royal family
I'm not sure about your 'taste' here ... imho ETW should be fired for conspiracy against the throne, for getting CG into hot water with his remarks to the Sultan of Brunei. :grrr: :grrr:
Hm, I wouldn´t blame ETW here! It was rather an awkward mix out of the statements of the king, the bored press and the "false" government!
But you don´t have to take our (or my, Dennis could get upset, when I talk about him in his absence) admiration for ETW too seriously. I just figured out, that she´s soooo stiff, that she´s probably the most regal person at the swedish court ;)

Lena  Posted: Jun 6th, 2004 - 4:42 pm

ETW .... soooo stiff, that she´s probably the most regal person at the swedish court
You mean, she is showing to all that she is ... or rather, should be the real Drottning!?! ;)

Yes. The Bruneigate was the result of several things and to blame it all just on ETW is unfair.

Yes. It was the Army band. They were pretty good.

BTW when Madeleine is dressed down and is wearing a ponytail then she looks far more like her big sister. So is there a reverse possible as well...if Victoria would dress up more and wouldn´t wear a ponytail then she would look more like Madeleine (?) ;) :p

There is an intriguing hypothesis, Lena. Unfortunately, I do not find that to be true. But I may be wrong.

Originally posted by Dennism@Jun 6th, 2004 - 11:21 pm
There is an intriguing hypothesis, Lena. Unfortunately, I do not find that to be true. But I may be wrong.
Which part isn´t "true"?

That Victoria looks more like Madeleine when she is dressed up. It´s funny earlier, KC said that Victoria looked more like her father in the photos from today. And I was thinking that she looked more like her mother.

Dennism ... with all due respect, would it be possible for you to take Victoria off that very high, mighty and very white pedestal ?

.. or, at least lower her ?

Dennism  Posted: Jun 6th, 2004 - 5:27 pm

That Victoria looks more like Madeleine when she is dressed up. It´s funny earlier, KC said that Victoria looked more like her father in the photos from today. And I was thinking that she looked more like her mother.
Thanks for misquoting me .... I could have sworn I made a reference to a heritage of a Brazilian origin. I didn't know that part belonged to the father's side ! :shock:

Well, actually we can´t know...we would have to take Victoria to a solarium and "roast" her there...and we would have to dye her hair blonde ;) BTW do you think that this now is Madeleine´s natural hair colour??
Hm, here I agree with KC! In the last couple of years Victoria´s bone structure changed to that effect that she looks more like her father. And as the bone structure ( in the opposite to the cartilage structure) is completely full-grown at the age of 24/25/26 I would say she doesn´t change anymore really. Probably also the puppy fat in the face won´t come back. She will get some wrinkles-of course (maybe not before her "little" sister ;) ) but on the whole I would say she is and stay completely daddy´s girl (in both...look and character)

Remembered the wrong person. Sorry.

Originally posted by Lena@Jun 6th, 2004 - 6:34 pm
Well, actually we can´t know...we would have to take Victoria to a solarium and "roast" her there..
:lol: :lol: :lol: Poor Victoria then.

Originally posted by King Christian@Jun 6th, 2004 - 6:30 pm
Dennism ... with all due respect, would it be possible for you to take Victoria off that very high, mighty and very white pedestal ?

.. or, at least lower her ?
Where does this come from? I have come a long way in this. I may not show it always on the board but I have been better in not putting her on the pedestal.

imo Victoria has a pretty square jaw. Hard to say, which side of the family it comes from.

Originally posted by King Christian@Jun 6th, 2004 - 11:41 pm
imo Victoria has a pretty square jaw. Hard to say, which side of the family it comes from.
I would say the chin is from her mother´s side, esp. from her late grandma Alice. And maybe a little bit from her father´s side too...

If you mean the guy with the beard...that´s Björn von Sydow, speaker of the swedish parliament.

Back
Top Bottom