The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-11-2016, 06:19 PM
Nobility

June 6, 2016 - Sweden's National Day

June 6, Sweden's National day will be celebrated in traditional ways. We have known the plans of the King and Queen for a while, but not everything about the day is known by now.

What we know:
National Day Celebrations in Helsingborg
10.00 The King and Queen attend the National Day celebrations in the City of Helsingborg, Skåne. This year the celebrations takes place at Sofiero Palace as the National Day also is the start of the 150th Jubilee of Sofiero.
Celebrating 150 years

Open Palace
10.00-17.00 As tradition the Royal Palace is open to the public during the day with free entrance. Program TBA.
Öppet slott – nationaldagsfirande på Kungliga slottet 6 juni - Sveriges Kungahus

Cortège
Traditional cortège with the Royal Family from the Royal Palace to Skansen. More information TBA.

National Day Celebrations at Skansen
Televised musical celebrations from Solliden at Skansen in Stockholm.

National Day Reception
The Royal Family receives representatives from the official Sweden at the Royal Palace, and is traditionally concluded by a Tapto by the Armed Forces.

The entire Royal Family are scheduled to attended the events in Stockholm in the evening:
Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus

Old 05-14-2016, 04:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

The program of the royal family here, additions to Kingen's post:
10.00 Carl Philip and Sofia open the gates to the Open Palace.
12.20 Carl Philip attends at the change of the Royal Guards on the Outer Courtyard at the Royal Palace.
Kungafamiljens program - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

According to the calendar Chris doesn't attend at the concert in Skansen and the reception after that.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Royal Family gathers for tradition filled celebration of the National Day.
With one exception: for the second year in a row Chris misses the celebration.
Princess Madeleine's husband Chris O'Neill has for the second year in a row booked business meetings abroad to the National Day.
- He's obviously very sorry not to be able to attend. The reason is that he has a long time had appointments that he can't simply change. He has tried but he can't. However, he is with at the baptism and then it's several activities before the National Day. But on the National Day he is prevented because of his work. He is very sorry about it, says Margareta Thorgren.
Chris O'Neill missar nationaldagsfirandet på Skansen igen _ Svenska kungahuset _ Expressen
Translation
Old 05-17-2016, 04:15 AM
Gentry

Sorry to hear it but its natural that you have work to do on Monday.
I think its good that Chris O'Neill chooses to work for his money and he did not choose the title so he could cut a couple of ribbons per month . Now he's able to support himself [and his family] and he's not living off the Swedish taxpayers! And if he has to miss some events where Swedish Royal family attends, then its just unavoidable. Sorry for Princess Madeleine though. Once again she has no husband next to her on National Day events (I have a feeling that gutter press will see it as a chance to write some nasty article ).
Old 05-31-2016, 11:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Update to the program:
Victoria and Daniel attend at a ceremony for new citizens of Sweden at the Nacka City Hall
Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus

According to the website of Nacka the ceremony starts at 12.30
Nacka kommun_ Medborgarskapsceremoni
Old 06-02-2016, 09:58 AM
Aristocracy

we will see surely Estelle and Leonore :)

Estelle and Leonore will get the steal the show

Princess Madeleine and Crown Princess Victoria has, reportedly, a plan for the National Day celebrations.

- There have been many positive reactions after Prince Oscar's baptism on the little princesses' participation, says Margareta Thorgren, CIO at court.

It's been almost a week ago Prince Oscar was baptized in the Royal Chapel at the Royal Palace.

Princess Estelle and Princess Leonore managed to attract attention with anything from small bags in the aisle into spontaneous dance at the font.

- There were very positive reactions to so many of the young royals were in the church, says Margareta Thorgren.

Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill took a late decision to allow children to participate.

- With small children you can never really plan. The aim was that they would be with, and now it was possible to arrange, says Margareta Thorgren.

- Children of baptism is always appreciated and including social media, we have noticed many positive reactions.

Madeleine has reportedly spoken to sister Victoria that they should bring the children in the procession to the National Day celebrations at Skansen. The royal family will as in previous years in the late afternoon ride in a horse and carriage from the Royal Palace to Skansen.

Madeleine och Victoria sätter Estelle och Leonore i centrum | Svenska kungahuset | Expressen
Old 06-02-2016, 10:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Estelle has been attending since she was 1. Will be nice to see Leonor this year as well. I wonder if we may see Nicolas but they may decide he is a bit young this year.
Old 06-02-2016, 11:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

On June 6, it's time to welcome our new Swedish citizens living in Nacka.
This year crown princess Victoria and prince Daniel visit the ceremony.
- We are very proud of people living in Nacka whom we may welcome now as new Swedish citizens. A little extra special it will be when we get to do it together with the Crown Princess couple, says Lars Stenholm, the municipal council chairman.
Nacka was the first municipality that began with Citizenship Ceremony to welcome the local residents who have become Swedish citizens already 15 years ago. Since then, many municipalities have done the same. Around 100 people who received Swedish citizenship last year have signed up for the ceremony. The new citizens get a commemorative certificate and a commemorative gift.
Nacka kommun_ Nya Nackabor välkomnas av Kronprinsessan och prins Daniel

SVT1 broadcasts the National Day celebration in Skansen at 20.00 and it will be shown at SVTplay.
The National Day is celebrated royally at Solliden stage at Skansen. This year host Pernilla Månsson Colt takes care of a number of well-known artists, members of the royal family, diplomats, the audience in place and the TV screen. When the festivities are concluded at the Solliden stage the live broadcast continues with a talk show at Skansen, where invited guests talk about national day celebrations. The broadcast ends with the traditional tapto from the Royal Palace.
TV-tablå _ SVT.se
Old 06-02-2016, 07:08 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I am looking forward into the Swedish National Day, it will be nice to see the RF participating in the celebrations. I have an exam on June 6, so it will be nice to come home and relax by looking at all the photos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Estelle has been attending since she was 1. Will be nice to see Leonor this year as well. I wonder if we may see Nicolas but they may decide he is a bit young this year.
Leonore first attended the National Day celebrations when she was about 5 months, in June 2014 - she was younger than her little brother, so perhaps there's a chance that we can see Nicolas this year (Nicholas was born after the National Day celebrations so we didn't see him last year of course).

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-03-2016, 06:45 AM
Nobility

SvenskDam published a poll that was put out in conjunction with National Day on June 6:

Kronprinsessan Victoria toppar ny lista | Svensk Damtidning

Victoria comes in 2nd; Carl Gustaf comes in 4th.
Old 06-06-2016, 01:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

The program for the king's and queen's visit in Sofiero:
10.00 The king and queen arrive
10.30 The king takes the first sod for Sofia's bridge
10.40 The king and queen walk to Jubileumsträdgården (Jubilee Garden)
11.00 The exhibition "Kungligt konstnärsskap" ("Royal artistry") opens to visitors
12.15 The king and queen's walk to the main stage
12.30 Sofiero's jubilee show, the king gives a speech
http://sofiero.se/wp-content/uploads...06/Program.pdf

There is a live coverage of the events at Sofiero's website during the day
Startsida - Sofiero

According to NVP newspaper Victoria gives a speech at the citizenship ceremony in Nacka.
Hovet välkomnar nya svenskar på nationaldagen - NVP.se - Nacka Värmdö Posten på nätet

Link to SVT's broadcast at SVTplay from the National Day celebration, starting at 20.00. They will show the concert and the Tapto from the courtyard. In previous years at the start of the program parts of the royal family's cortege has been shown too.
Nationaldagen - 6 jun 20.00 _ SVT Play
Old 06-06-2016, 03:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

National Day greeting from the royal family, via princess Estelle and prince Oscar
Nationaldagshälsning från Kungafamiljen via Prinsessan Estelle och Prins Oscar - Sveriges Kungahus

HQ photos (there are more photos) here, by photographer Kate Gabor.
http://www.kungahuset.se/pressrum/pr...magesOnly=true

Kate Gabor is fantastic, she has a great way to take photos of Estelle every time.

Photo of Estelle and Oscar also at court Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/BGTbIXlv...-by=kungahuset
And court Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Kungahuset/...type=3&theater
Old 06-06-2016, 04:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Now that is the perfect national day greeting The picture is so sweet. I guess we did get to see Oscar today even if not in person

I love the one with Victoria and both kids. It is so sweet

But I think my favorite is the one with Estelle and the sheep

I do find it odd another series of a few photos and still no Dan He has only been in the christening photos with his son. And even in the official photos, Victoria is holding him. Daniel at least holds him in the ceremony. It would have been great for Daniel to be with them in this lovely picture set, in a comfortable informal photo unlike the christening.

But still so happy for new photos.
Old 06-06-2016, 04:12 AM
Courtier

Cute photos! I agree about Prince Daniel. Wish he was in the photos even though Princess Estelle and Prince Oscar are the focus.

ETA: Could Estelle or Oscar be wearing clothes previously worn by Victoria, Madeleine or Carl Philip? More clothing Queen Silvia saved.
Old 06-06-2016, 04:21 AM
Gentry

Cute photos indeed.
Little Oscar looks soooo cute. Love his eyes.
I also wish they had included Prince Daniel. But I have to say that I do not like Kate Gabor's photos very much.
Old 06-06-2016, 04:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

I love the way Kate Gabor takes photos of children. Like Svensk Damtidning wrote at their article, she has clearly watched the old photos taken of the king and the Haga princesses as children, and takes sometimes similar photos of Estelle, and now of Oscar, of course. I think that it is a way for Victoria to connect with her grandparents, who lived at Haga, but whom she never met.
But anyway, in Gabor's photos the children are natural and lovely.

Estelles fina hälsning med lillebror Oscar på nationaldagen _ Kungligt _ Expressen
Suloinen Estelle ja pikku-Oscar lähettävät terveiset kuningasperheeltä Ruotsin kansallispäivän kunniaksi - Viihde - Ilta-Sanomat
Pikkukuninkaalliset kesäkuvissa! Prinsessa Estelle kirmailee niityllä lampaiden kanssa - Viihde - MTV.fi

Expressen's live-TV, now from Sofiero and the Royal Palace and photos which will be updated
Följ firandet på nationaldagen 6 juni | Kungligt | Expressen

And live-Tv at the website of the Sofiero Palace, wow, there is lot of people. Countess Marianne Bernadotte is also there.
Startsida - Sofiero
Old 06-06-2016, 05:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Photos of the king's and queen's visit to Sofiero are updated here:
Se våra bilder från festligheterna - HD

There is really a big celebration at Sofiero. But they are celebrating the National Day and their 150th anniversary, so it is only natural, great to see so much people there. And the king and queen are visiting Oscar's duchy.

It seems that photos are also updated to Sofiero Facebook, there is already a couple of photos
https://www.facebook.com/sofieroslottstradgard

Nice to see the Mistress of the Robes, Kirstine von Blixen-Finecke, helping countess Marianne. There is a lot of court staff, also the First Lady of the Court, Anna Hamilton is there, and the First Marshal of the Court Mats Nilsson and Marshal of the Court Lars-Erik Tindre, major general Håkan Pettersson, queen's lady-in-waiting Harriet Bredelius and the king's aide-de-camp.
Old 06-06-2016, 05:25 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
. . . . . I do find it odd another series of a few photos and still no Dan He has only been in the christening photos with his son. And even in the official photos, Victoria is holding him. Daniel at least holds him in the ceremony. It would have been great for Daniel to be with them in this lovely picture set, in a comfortable informal photo unlike the christening. . . . . .
I find it very surprising that Daniel seems to be fading from the "important" family photos. We didn't see him with his son in the initial photos, saw him with his son once in the Christening photos and now, on National Day, he's the invisible dad.
Old 06-06-2016, 05:26 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I love the way Kate Gabor takes photos of children. Like Svensk Damtidning wrote at their article, she has clearly watched the old photos taken of the king and the Haga princesses as children, and takes sometimes similar photos of Estelle, and now of Oscar, of course. I think that it is a way for Victoria to connect with her grandparents, who lived at Haga, but whom she never met.
But anyway, in Gabor's photos the children are natural and lovely.
I think Gabor could not capture Princess Estelle's natural charm and the photos looked posed and not natural at all (not to mention too waxen features; why photographers feel the need to photoshop children's faces I do not understand!!!). Personally I liked the pictures of princess Leonore running on the Gotland meadow much more. These were natural and showed her enjoyment. Gabor's pictures were just okay-ish but I think that they could have been better. Anyway, its good to see new pictures of The Crown Princess couple, even if it was san Prince Daniel!

Tags
national day, stockholm, sweden