Lovely to see the carriage procession ,here are a few more photos from PPE

PPE Agency

Old 06-06-2016, 07:29 PM
Courtier

National day greetings from Princess Madeleine
https://www.facebook.com/PrincessMadeleineOfSweden/

Old 06-06-2016, 07:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Lovely to see the women in national dress, they all look great. Estelle is adorable with her headband too
Old 06-07-2016, 02:16 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Yes. It seems that he was the whole last week in Stockholm, because he and Madeleine were seen at a restaurant with Carl Philip, Sofia and Alexander, and on Friday he was in Gotland with his family. But like Margareta Thorgren told earlier, he had a work appointment, which "he had tried to cancel, but he couldn't". Well, the swedish National Day is always on 6th June...
that says everything, doesn't it.
Old 06-07-2016, 02:21 AM
Gentry

Its great to see royal ladies in their national dresses but when they posed for the group photos, then the men looked like they attended some totally different event
Old 06-07-2016, 03:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

The king and queen in Sofiero
En nationaldag med kunglig glans

Stort bildspel – kungafamiljens Nationaldagsfirande i bilder _ Svensk Damtidning
Old 06-07-2016, 05:26 AM
Majesty

Quote:
But like Margareta Thorgren told earlier, he had a work appointment, which "he had tried to cancel, but couldn't". Well, the swedish National Day is always on 6th June...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
that says everything, doesn't it.
Actually, it doesn't. More, I think you are both being very unfair to call Chris on this.

It has been my experience that appointments or meetings involve more than one person and sometimes just getting everyone in the same place at the same time is a masterly undertaking. Add an international factor and things get even tighter.

Chris is a private citizen and, if he could have been there for his wife I am sure he would have been. However, he was there when it counted, for an important family occasion and I am sure he will be there for the next one.
Old 06-07-2016, 01:54 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I adore the photos of Estelle and Oscar with Victoria, they melt my heart. Oscar is such a cute little one and I think that he looks a lot like Estelle did at that age. I think the photos also really capture Estelle's lively, but friendly personality.

The photos from the National Day celebrations were nice too, they seem to be rather fun. It was sweet to see Alexander there. He seemed to be very cosy in his blankets, and Sofia and Carl Philip both looked so happy. I was a little disappointed not to see Chris or Leonore, however I've gotten the impression now that Chris wants to remain a private citizen and doesn't like being in the spotlight, so perhaps it's natural for him not to go. But it still would have been nice to see him there with his in-laws.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-08-2016, 01:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Is this Estelle's first time attending the concert? I don't remember seeing her there before. It was great that she went.
Estelle didn't attend at the concert, it is still too long for her and the volume of the music is too loud. She was with her parents at the cortege, like in previous years, this was already fourth time for her. And just before Skansen the carriage stops and I guess it's Estelle's nanny who takes her to the car and takes her back home.
Estelle at the cortege 2013
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Great photos from the National Day, two pages
En fullspäckad nationaldag _ Kungligt

What was interesting was that someone put on the National Day on Twitter Daniel's speech at the citizenship ceremony in Malmö 2012 (he was there alone), and this message was retweeted over 400 times. Daniel said among other things "Being Swedish doesn’t to have a particular skin color or hair color. Being Swedish is not particular dialect or accent. Being Swedish is to share a language, to share a place on earth, and to share a community".
https://twitter.com/Juristfan/status/739718174388719616

About the National Day at the court website
Nationaldagen 2016 - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

A video of the cortege passing by
https://www.instagram.com/p/BGUrmKsq...ged=kungaparet
Old 06-08-2016, 03:42 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Estelle didn't attend at the concert, it is still too long for her and the volume of the music is too loud. She was with her parents at the cortege, like in previous years, this was already fourth time for her. And just before Skansen the carriage stops and I guess it's Estelle's nanny who takes her to the car and takes her back home.
Oh okay, I knew she was at the cortege but I must've not been reading properly since the concert was mentioned on the same page of this thread that I was reading at the time. I'll edit that question out to avoid any confusion. Thank you for the correction.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-09-2016, 01:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

Galleries from PurePeople
Alexander et Oscar de Suède _ Les bébés sont de sortie pour la Fête nationale !
Princesses Victoria, Madeleine, Sofia_ Suédoises typiques pour la Fête nationale

Video from the Facebook of Grand Hôtel Stockholm, it shows well how grand the cortege really is.
https://www.facebook.com/GrandHotelS...type=2&theater

Video from TV4 News morning (for some reason they have old clip from the cortege, Chris is with)
The host, Tilde de Paula says that she got shivers when she heard Victoria's speech - she remembered the day soon after she had filled 21 years, when she got the beautiful certificate that she was now a swedish citizen.
Old 06-09-2016, 07:41 AM
Majesty

When I saw the cortege I smiled when I saw CP sitting beside Sofia and Madeleine sitting across riding backwards. At QEII Diamond Anniversary, when Prince Philip was too ill to attend, Charles and Camilla joined her so she didn't ride alone. I asked why Camilla and not Charles sat next to HM and was told it was chivalry. I would have loved to see Princesses Madeleine and Sofia sitting together with CP across from them. There was more to see with the ladies National Dress versus CP's suit.
Old 06-11-2016, 09:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Maybe I'm late in asking this: but why has princess Estelle worn that kind of thread around her head twice so far? Is it a typical traditional item for little girls during the national day (as the white cap for the married women), or is it just something that Victoria decided to put on her child?
Old 06-17-2016, 04:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Maybe I'm late in asking this: but why has princess Estelle worn that kind of thread around her head twice so far? Is it a typical traditional item for little girls during the national day (as the white cap for the married women), or is it just something that Victoria decided to put on her child?
What I have seen, the band can be worn by girls or young women with traditional costumes. Victoria wore a band with her Öland costume on her birthday until 2005, in 2006 she didn't wear it anymore.
Victoria 1994
Victoria 2005

Here is the only photo I have seen Victoria wearing a band/ribbon on her head while wearing the Sweden costume.
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010060...62675972215492

Here's a gallery of the king and queen in Sofiero at the National Day, from Sofiero's Flickr.
Pressbilder_ Nationaldagen 2016 _ Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Old 06-26-2016, 10:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Gallery of the king and queen in Sofiero
Event | Fotograf Lyneth Yu Wennlid Ängelholm Helsingborg
Old 08-01-2016, 12:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Postcard from the National Day, of Victoria, Daniel and Estelle
Album/Sweden sale/exch_swed-(1097)

Photos from the Facebook of Livskvadron
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...89228211_o.jpg
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...43106301_o.jpg
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...51632111_o.jpg