Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-09-2015, 03:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Estelle is such a little pro in representing
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
I wonder what Madeleine is telling in this
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

The whole PurePeople gallery
Madeleine et son baby bump, Estelle et son sourire _ joyeuse fête en Suède !

Old 06-11-2015, 10:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Robert Sandström probably never thought that the king should come to his bachelor party. But it happened, in the middle of Örebro's city park.
The king and queen visited Örebro on National Day, but the middle of the promenade through the town someone shouted in the audience:
- The King!
One of Robert Sandström's buddies screamed - and the King immediately changed course straight toward the bachelor party. He greeted the prospective husband Robert.
- I was so flabbergasted that I barely remember exactly. But he asked about the wedding and I welcomed him to Örebro, says Robert.
His friend Christoffer Nilsson, who took the photos, tells that the plan was actually quite different.
- The plan was to humiliate Robert bit with various exercises. Then we realized that the king will probably go by, so I put up Robert to try to get a photo of the king in the background. But it turned out considerably better than that, he says.
- We lived in this intoxication throughout the evening and night.
Both Robert and Christopher celebrate that the king chose to come and talk.
- I thought it was great fun, it's impressive that he took the time and talked with us. He showed interest and thought it was funny. Also Silvia said congratulations, says Robert.
- I think it's really great done by him. It's a very nice gesture. He gave us, Robert and Robert's wife to be a memory for life, says Christoffer.
Roberts svensexa fick oväntat besök – av Carl XVI Gustaf_ _Ett minne för livet_ _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet

Old 06-11-2015, 11:05 AM
Serene Highness

I like the traditional dress but P.Victoria and P. Madeleine head dress reminds me of the 60's show, the Flying Nun with Sally Fields,

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bnsd/1...7630842244808/
Old 06-11-2015, 11:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

That photo of Madeleine and Sofia reminds me...I really love the brooches/pins the Ladies all wear in the centre of the neckline of the blouse and I keep meaning to ask this every year...What is the significance of them as part of the National Dress? They must have some sort of meaning, as all the Ladies are wearing them, I'm just wondering what it is.

I'd also love to get one for myself, but that's a topic for another thread. . Thanks in advance for the answer!! :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 06-12-2015, 01:42 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
That photo of Madeleine and Sofia reminds me...I really love the brooches/pins the Ladies all wear in the centre of the neckline of the blouse and I keep meaning to ask this every year...What is the significance of them as part of the National Dress? They must have some sort of meaning, as all the Ladies are wearing them, I'm just wondering what it is.

I'd also love to get one for myself, but that's a topic for another thread. . Thanks in advance for the answer!! :)

I'm not sure but they must be an adaption of the numerous silver brooches that are incorporated one way or another in the old local traditional costumes.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 06-12-2015, 02:38 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post

At least in my national dress here in Finland this kind of brooch is needed to keep the neckline closed. There is a small vent in the middle, which is without buttons.

Traditionally in 1800's, girls had a small brooch. When a woman got married, her groom gave her a bigger brooch