Robert Sandström probably never thought that the king should come to his bachelor party. But it happened, in the middle of Örebro's city park.
The king and queen visited Örebro on National Day, but the middle of the promenade through the town someone shouted in the audience:
- The King!
One of Robert Sandström's buddies screamed - and the King immediately changed course straight toward the bachelor party. He greeted the prospective husband Robert.
- I was so flabbergasted that I barely remember exactly. But he asked about the wedding and I welcomed him to Örebro, says Robert.
His friend Christoffer Nilsson, who took the photos, tells that the plan was actually quite different.
- The plan was to humiliate Robert bit with various exercises. Then we realized that the king will probably go by, so I put up Robert to try to get a photo of the king in the background. But it turned out considerably better than that, he says.
- We lived in this intoxication throughout the evening and night.
Both Robert and Christopher celebrate that the king chose to come and talk.
- I thought it was great fun, it's impressive that he took the time and talked with us. He showed interest and thought it was funny. Also Silvia said congratulations, says Robert.
- I think it's really great done by him. It's a very nice gesture. He gave us, Robert and Robert's wife to be a memory for life, says Christoffer.
Roberts svensexa fick oväntat besök – av Carl XVI Gustaf_ _Ett minne för livet_ _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet