The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-06-2011, 12:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria och Daniel, Nationaldagen « Sandra fotar
Kungligt firande på nationaldagen - Bilder - gp
Prinsessa Victoria ja Daniel juhlivat Ruotsia hyväntuulisina | Viihde | Iltalehti.fi

Old 06-06-2011, 12:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

live stream
Nyhetskanalen - video, klipp och hela program - nyheterna.se

Madeleine is there :)

Old 06-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Aristocracy

Okay I forgot they do Skansen in evenings I guess. But fairy tale I can't get your video to work.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hmm it works fine for me (outside Sweden). Anyway the national day coverage ended few minutes ago. I don't know if there is still anything to come on tv...?
Old 06-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

From tonight:
SVT
SVT
Madeleine enad med familjen igen - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen

Photos from the cortege:
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Madeleine återförenad med familjen | Nyheter | Aftonbladet
Old 06-06-2011, 01:19 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Queen Silvia and King Carl Gustaf at the National Day in Sweden. They visited different places in the town Esloev for their 100 years city anniversary.
June 06, 2011

PPE Agency Esloev
Old 06-06-2011, 01:44 PM
Aristocracy

I am in US. The commercial works but then rest of the video does not. But then again I swear I am tech-challenged anyway. I still cannot believe Madeleine dyed her hair brown. Not that it's a bad thing...I believe she's done it once before in the 90s
Old 06-06-2011, 01:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by haga View Post
I am in US. The commercial works but then rest of the video does not. But then again I swear I am tech-challenged anyway. I still cannot believe Madeleine dyed her hair brown. Not that it's a bad thing...I believe she's done it once before in the 90s
She isn´t a blonde, she has always dyed her hair. Now it looks more natural.

Photos from the cortege:
Profimedia
Profimedia
Profimedia
Profimedia
Profimedia
Profimedia
Old 06-06-2011, 02:53 PM
Serene Highness

I have a question about the dresses; QSilvia is wearing a white headscarf. IRC, it was said that married women wear that scarf, then why isn't CP Victoria wearing one?
Just curious
Old 06-06-2011, 03:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

In many national-/traditional costumes married women wear some kind of headpiece. Here´s a page about swedish national costume "Sverigedräkten" with two young women wearing two different kinds of headpieces. The headpiece (huvudbonad) is described, but there is no mention of that only married woman can wear it/must wear it.
Sverigedräkten

Getty Images - Search: SWE: Swedish Royals Celebrate Sweden's National Day
SVT
SVT
Because I Can: Häst & Vagn
Old 06-06-2011, 03:13 PM
Aristocracy

I serious thought Madeleine was blonde all these years. I like her as blonde. Even if brown or light chestnut is her natural color its still very nice.

Yet isn't there in 1986 or somewhere in there Victoria wore a national costume that went with a head covering. I know there are dozens of different costumes obviously so I am inclinded to think the white scarf with blue dress is traditonal the most.

The 1983 Nationaldagen, which regional dress is Victoria wearing? She went from various costumes to the tradtional blue and yellow flower one by late 1980s just curious because I don't understand why so many costumes.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
In many national-/traditional costumes married women wear some kind of headpiece. Here´s a page about swedish national costume "Sverigedräkten" with two young women wearing two different kinds of headpieces. The headpiece (huvudbonad) is described, but there is no mention of that only married woman can wear it/must wear it.
Sverigedräkten

Getty Images - Search: SWE: Swedish Royals Celebrate Sweden's National Day
SVT
SVT
I love this tradition of wearing traditional costumes for National day. And I think all three of them look great in them. When I was in Stockholm last month, we've visited also Nordiska museet where several traditional costumes were on exibition, they were all so pretty.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Photos from the reception:
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Kungafamiljen uppsvidade… | kungligamodebloggen
Old 06-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

The Swedish Royal Family at the out-door museum Skansen in Stockholm during the Swedish National Day

PPE Agency Skansen
Old 06-06-2011, 05:43 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by haga View Post
Okay I forgot they do Skansen in evenings I guess. But fairy tale I can't get your video to work.
Speaking as someone who was there i can only say: THANK HEAVEN they didnt do it high noon. There were clear blue sky, 25 - 30 degrees Celsius and almost no wind. I have one video taken when the family entered Soliden, will upload it tomorrow.

Strange that most of the people choosed the shaded side were they could se nothing at all.

Oh, and just to let you know, princess Christina mrs Magnusson was there, but i didnt recognice her before she was long past me
Old 06-06-2011, 05:45 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iva View Post
I love this tradition of wearing traditional costumes for National day. And I think all three of them look great in them. When I was in Stockholm last month, we've visited also Nordiska museet where several traditional costumes were on exibition, they were all so pretty.
Victoria should have the same thing on her head as Silvia now when she is married
Old 06-06-2011, 09:03 PM
Courtier

I'm so happy to see the whole family together again and looking happy! The past few months couldn't have been easy for the family and I hope everything will turn out for the best for all of them.

Oh, and what's this talk about Madeleine's "brown" hair? Might have something to do with the light but to me it looks like dark blonde or something with caramel/reddish highlights. It looks natural and good on her but I don't think it is dark. It just looks like a natural blonde instead of a bleach blonde now.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Aristocracy

Yeah you're right, from bleach blonde to this is different as I've never seen her without bleached blonde hair. My mistake.

I hope in all seriousness this family can work through this crisis and that we give them that respect, whether the King furthered actions by giving and invterview or not or whether or not you want him to step down whatever, he is still human royal or not deserves respect and forgiveness for idiodic mistakes made in the past, I mean its not like he did this yesterday.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

About the swedish national costumes:
SWEDISH FOLK COSTUMES - Sverigedräkter - Charlotte Weibulls Folklivscenter - centre for Swedish/Scanian folk culture

Perhaps Victoria doesn´t wear a headpiece because it isn´t compulsory.

Photos from Skansen:
BelgaPicture - Category details
Photos from the reception:
BelgaPicture - Category details
Old 06-07-2011, 07:41 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Its shocking to see how Silvia has aged in recent times.