The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-29-2007, 04:21 PM
Heir Apparent

June 6, 2007 - Sweden's National Day

June 6 is Sweden's National Day.

The programme for the day:
10.00 The King and Queen arrive in Halmstad.

10.00-10.15 Opening Ceremony at Slottsbacken, The Royal Palace. The Army Band is participating. Lectures on royalty and tours of the palace will be available during the day. (If I've understood correctly )

11.00 The King and Queen participate in the National Day celebrations at Stora Torg in Halmstad

11.00 The Crown Princess participate in the National Day celebrations in Lundsbrunn, Västergötland.

17.00 The Open Palace closes.

18.25 The Royal Family travels in horse-drawn carriages from the Royal Palace to Skansen.

19.00-20.00 National Day Celebrations at Skansen. (Airing at Swedish Television channel SVT2, 20.30).

21.00 Taking the flags down at The Royal Palace, and Norrbro. The Army band participates from Lejonbacken.

22.00 The army band has a show in the outer courtyard. (Yttre borggården)

Old 05-29-2007, 05:46 PM
Courtier

Will Carl P. be there¿

Old 06-03-2007, 02:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrilo
Will Carl P. be there¿
The calendar at the website says that both Carl-Philip and Madeleine will be present at the opening of the gates at the Royal Palace.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:10 AM
Aristocracy

I hope to see princess madeleine :)
Old 06-06-2007, 07:59 AM
Heir Apparent

GOTENE 20070606 Crown Princess Victoria in a folk costume during the Swedish national day celebration in Lundsbrunn outside Gotene, Sweden, June 6, 2007

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Old 06-06-2007, 09:04 AM
Gentry

Thanks for the pictures!

Thank you, fanletizia, for posting the pictures from National Day.

I love to see Crown Princess Victoria in this folk costume! She looks lovely and wonderful. Just as her mother, the Queen, always does, when she is wearing folk costumes.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:31 AM
Heir Apparent

thanks for the info! would be great to be in stockholm for the national day festivities!

madeleine looked gorgeous and so did victoria in the vastergotland bunad!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-06-2007, 11:16 AM
Aristocracy

madeleine looks amazing
Old 06-06-2007, 11:24 AM
Gentry

I see Madeleine has taken up the ponytail look just when Victoria seems to be losing it...

That is the first thought that popped into my mind when looking at the pictures.....
Old 06-06-2007, 12:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Madde strålte på nasjonaldagen - kjendis.no - I really like the picture in the end of this article, when Carl-Philip and Madeleine are opening the doors. The size of the doors against them makes them look like two small children wondering what's inside.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:46 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Just wondering, does anybody else (besides the royals) in Sweden dress up in National Costume every now and then, like in Norway? And did Princess Lilian ever show up in a national costume, I don't think I ever saw a picture of her wearing one.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Madde looks very nice and radiant. Her clothes reminds me Victoria's somehow.

I like this photo when they both opening the gate - it reminds me the Secret Garden
Old 06-06-2007, 04:33 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
Madde strålte på nasjonaldagen - kjendis.no - I really like the picture in the end of this article, when Carl-Philip and Madeleine are opening the doors. The size of the doors against them makes them look like two small children wondering what's inside.
What a great pic! I love how Madeleine is peeking around the door. What do the doors lead to?
Old 06-06-2007, 04:57 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by marezdote
What a great pic! I love how Madeleine is peeking around the door. What do the doors lead to?
I like that one too! The door is so huge, it makes them seem much smaller than they actually are! Is there a website in English where I can find out more about Sweden's National Day? Like traditions, activities, and other things like that that the royals and the regular Swedes do. It seems like such an interesting day.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Few photos of the RF
Gekroonde Hoofden
Old 06-06-2007, 05:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by marezdote
I think those are the doors leading into the Palace. They were having an open day at the palace today, and Carl Philip and Madeleine were opening it (by opening the doors, I assume).

A Royal Court side in English about the National day celebrations: http://www.royalcourt.se/theroyalpal...800010904.html
Old 06-07-2007, 06:01 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I was wondering, is National day celebrated all around the country? Or is the palace really the main focus of the event?
Old 06-07-2007, 06:30 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Victoria looked really cute in her outfit, i loved the little hat...
Beautiful pictures of everyone, all had great smiles...
Old 06-07-2007, 07:49 AM
Aristocracy

Hopefully someone can help with this question. I know that National Day is not really a big occasion yet in Sweden (having only been a national holiday for two years). Looking through the pictures of celebrations of this year and in the past, I see HM and the princesses in traditional attire for the occasion. Some other women also sometimes follow suit. But I rarely, if ever, have seen men wearing a traditional male costume. The King and Carl-Philip are always in business suits (certainly THIS isn't the traditional garb for Swedish men!). In Norway, CP Haakon and his family are all traditionally attired for National Day ceremonies. And Ari Behn wore traditional garb to their wedding. Does anyone know why the gender difference in Sweden?

Thanks,

Mapper
Old 06-07-2007, 12:14 PM

That picture of Princess Lilian kissing the little girl is amazing and really shows how lovely the Princess is. It's so nice to see her in public again.