The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-20-2005, 04:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Gustaf Magnuson's 30th Birthday Masquerade Ball; August 20, 2005

This evening Gustaf Magnusson (son of princess Christina) will celebrate his 30th birthday (actually his birthday is on the 8th of August) with a "gustavian party"-which means that the guests have to wear customes as it was in the gustavian age* common. Gustaf self has chosen most of the decoration, dinner etc.
The whole Royal family will come. And the partners of the Royal children are also expected.
http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=423494

This pic is from stureplan.se (and probably on the invitation cards)

When we would get to see many pics, the moderators maybe could make later an own thread (?)

*named after Gustav III, Swedish king (born 1746, king from 1771-1792)

Old 08-20-2005, 07:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Wow, that looks almost like an authentic person from the Gustavian time! I'm impressed! His face is a bit too "modern" though, but other than that he looks quite convincing! Thanks Lena for posting this info, I know I have read this somewhere before, but I had just forgotten it. I though fear that we shouldn't hope for too many pictures from this party, since I assume it's a private one.

Old 08-20-2005, 07:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
I though fear that we shouldn't hope for too many pictures from this party, since I assume it's a private one.
Yes, I fear the same. But thanks god, Gustaf is the attention seeking one of the three brothers...and all guests have to arrive. So we at least probably get the chance to see them in the customes (which is the most excting thing...dunno, if we want to see them at 3 am drunken and tottering )
Old 08-20-2005, 08:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Here's a picture that the Expressen article had with it, here you can see the King and Queen dressed up in Gustavian clothes for a party that the former County Governor of Stockholm, Ulf Adelsohn, and his wife Lena hosted a while ago.

I hope we will really get to see at least some pictures of the Royal Family, and the partners of the royal children, all dressed up. That would be cool! I wonder what they will all wear...

The party will be held at Confidencen, the theatre at the Ulriksdal Palace estate. It's very close to the home of Princess Christina, Villa Beylon. 200 guests, sounds like a big thing. The article says a lot of society people will be there, so I hope we'll get to see some pics of them too. Hopefully Svensk Damtidning will have pictures too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fa4bcc30.jpg
Views:	991
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	182752  
Old 08-20-2005, 09:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

lol great pic. Very different
Old 08-20-2005, 06:08 PM
Heir Apparent

A little foretaste before the big pics come. Madeleine could beat the red dress from nobel 2002
Scanpix
Attached Images

Old 08-20-2005, 06:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
A little foretaste before the big pics come. Madeleine could beat the red dress from nobel 2002
Scanpix
That dress seems a little, eh, 'tight'. Yes, I bet some people can't wait for bigger photos.

Old 08-20-2005, 06:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Can she breath in that dress at all

It seems it is Jonas in the background, hopefully all children with partners and the King and Queen, now will that get the gossip going
Old 08-20-2005, 06:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
Can she breath in that dress at all

It seems it is Jonas in the background, hopefully all children with partners and the King and Queen, now will that get the gossip going
How can you recognise Jonas? I´m worried about my eyes. Larzen, you always seem to see so much more. Well, let´s hope it´s Jonas...and let´s hope for a blushed CP, forced to wear some fancy 18th century clothes
Old 08-20-2005, 06:33 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Well, while many people will be happy to see photos like these of Madeleine, it is not the kind of publicity the RF needs. They need good short- and long-term publicity that focuses on their works and their activities. Not merely their fashions, private lives or "glamour".
Old 08-20-2005, 06:37 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
Well, while many people will be happy to see photos like these of Madeleine, it is not the kind of publicity the RF needs. They need good short- and long-term publicity that focuses on their works and their activities. Not merely their fashions, private lives or "glamour".

Their Fashions, Glamour, What they do in their Private Lives, IMO comes with the Territory of being a Public Figure.
Old 08-20-2005, 06:41 PM
Majesty

Of course, but a balance would be good. The coverage is considerably more towards the fashions, glamour and private lives.
Old 08-20-2005, 06:46 PM
Aristocracy

I agree with you. The first thing some people ask is What is she wearing, who designed the outfit. This question seems to come First then the next question what was the function all about. Sad but True
Old 08-20-2005, 06:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, and the fact that Madeleine is wearing a very revealing outfit is going to make people focus on the fashions more.

Old 08-20-2005, 06:52 PM
Aristocracy

Not the First time Mad wore a revealing outfit and I'm sure it won't be the Last. (Even though this event is not Official) Sad but True?
Old 08-20-2005, 07:07 PM
Majesty

This is what I mean. There is not the balance and another dress of Madeleine´s will get so much attention and yet, where is the attention on their activities?
Old 08-21-2005, 01:25 AM
Majesty

Here is an article from the Aftonbladet about the party:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyhete...688077,00.html
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	kung.jpg
Views:	2885
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	183054   Click image for larger version

Name:	madde1.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	183055  
Old 08-21-2005, 02:01 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
This is what I mean. There is not the balance and another dress of Madeleine´s will get so much attention and yet, where is the attention on their activities?
It's kind of off the subject and I know Madeleine has worn dresses like this before but wasn't that kind of revealing dress the style of the nobility in the 18th century?
Old 08-21-2005, 02:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Here are 3 pictures of Princess Madeleine at the 30th birthday party of Gustaf Magnusson yesterday. All are from Fotomarktplatz.

I think they all looked great, nice to see that they've made an effort with the costumes. I hope we get to see the King and Queen too.... And the partners of the royal siblings, who were all there, but said to have been "smuggled in" earlier. Daniel Collert was also there, but the article doesn't say if his girlfriend was, but I suppose so.

And yes Dennism, I agree, it's a pity what a shallow media we have.

And here are two of Crown Princess Victoria, from Fotomarktplatz. Her costume is just fab, she truly looks like a Gustavian woman! :) That dress must've taken a lot of time to plan and then get ready.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Gustaf Magnusson 30årsfest 20 aug 2005_1.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	183065   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gustaf Magnusson 30årsfest 20 aug 2005_2.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	183066   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gustaf Magnusson 30årsfest 20 aug 2005_3.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	183067   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gustaf Magnusson 30årsfest 20 aug 2005_6.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	183084  

Name:	Gustaf Magnusson 30årsfest 20 aug 2005_7.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	183085  
Old 08-21-2005, 03:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
And here are two of Crown Princess Victoria, from Fotomarktplatz. Her costume is just fab, she truly looks like a Gustavian woman! :) That dress must've taken a lot of time to plan and then get ready.
Thank you for the photos. :) I agree; Victoria looked great. Her costume is very beautiful. Were they made especially for this occasion?