The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-28-2004, 04:03 PM
Heir Apparent

There's a short video clip with a report from Prince Carl Philip's graduation from Lundsberg still online at SVT - go here, then click on "video 28 or 56" (old clip, refers to modem speed). Enjoy!

Old 01-04-2005, 02:26 PM
Majesty

This must be from Victorias student

todau there are several students that take on thier white caps
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	66.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	75085  

Old 04-30-2005, 01:04 PM
Courtier

Thumbs up Graduation

All three Royal children looked to have thoroughly enjoyed their graduation day!:)
Old 04-30-2005, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
I wish my graduation from High School had been like that. My graduation was a cap & gown & the getting our diploma & hearing the speakers talk & that was it. I think if I had an experience like they seem to in Sweden I would have had a better time. Their graduation seemed to be more along the lines of University graduation here in the USA...but we don't wear white & sailor hats.....It seems to be exciting, just like University graduation in the USA
Old 04-30-2005, 05:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
todau there are several students that take on thier white caps
Is that just university student who does that today, or is it the same when you graduates från gymnasiet?

Madeleine 2001-06-01
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	stud1.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	176.6 KB
ID:	150960   Click image for larger version

Name:	stud2.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	168.5 KB
ID:	150961   Click image for larger version

Name:	stud3.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	150962   Click image for larger version

Name:	stud4.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	177.5 KB
ID:	150963  

Name:	stud6666.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	150964   Click image for larger version

Name:	stud7.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	175.4 KB
ID:	150965   Click image for larger version

Name:	stud8.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	150966   Click image for larger version

Name:	stud99.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	179.9 KB
ID:	150967  

Old 05-28-2005, 02:58 PM
Courtier

Thumbs up Thanks Yennie

Thank you for posting those last lot of photographs Yennie, I have not seen most of them before. :)
Old 05-29-2005, 12:14 AM
Commoner

Thanks for posting the photos :) It looks like Victoria, Madeleine and Philip had a very good time in their graduation ceremony. Over here in Australia we got nothing like this, on our final assembly, our parents went to the school and the school handed our reports to us on the stage, then thats probably about it. Muck up day at school the day before was fun though :P
Old 05-29-2005, 11:25 AM
Courtier

Question Hi

What is "muck up day?"Thanks.
Old 05-29-2005, 02:44 PM
Commoner

Muck up day in Australia is a day in the last week of high school for finishing students. It's a day full of practical jokes and fun...and apparently you can not get in trouble for it. For my muck up day last year we put chairs in trees and all around our school at different places where there really shouldn't be chairs. Stuff like flour on ceiling fans, glue on desks, there are heaps of things.
Old 05-29-2005, 06:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Though an "al" is missing in my countries name, we did the same after the final exams. And it was pretty much fun. We barricaded all doors of the school in the early morning, so that students and teachers couldn´t get in.
And what we shared with (some) Swedish students: We have also borrowed a truck and driver drove us through the city.
But we were a touch less civilised and bespattered passer-bys with water guns. Sigh, being 18 again would be great
Old 05-29-2005, 09:07 PM
Nobility

Im jealous you guys actully get have fun on the last day or week of school. All we do is sit in our classrooms and watch movies all day at my school anyway. The only people that get to have fun are the seniors but they get out like 3 weeks before us.

Old 05-30-2005, 04:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
Though an "al" is missing in my countries name, we did the same after the final exams. And it was pretty much fun. We barricaded all doors of the school in the early morning, so that students and teachers couldn´t get in.
And what we shared with (some) Swedish students: We have also borrowed a truck and driver drove us through the city.
But we were a touch less civilised and bespattered passer-bys with water guns. Sigh, being 18 again would be great
oh, sounds like fun! Imagnine Madeleine doing that that could become some fantastic photos!
Old 05-30-2005, 04:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo7
Muck up day in Australia is a day in the last week of high school for finishing students. It's a day full of practical jokes and fun...and apparently you can not get in trouble for it. For my muck up day last year we put chairs in trees and all around our school at different places where there really shouldn't be chairs. Stuff like flour on ceiling fans, glue on desks, there are heaps of things.
Ooh, you had muck up day too. They've had to cancel it at some schools (like my brother's) because people get out of hand sometimes. Last year we decorated our school with different 'areas' like the Swamp from Shrek, Under the Sea, etc. I was in charge of decorating this 'princess castle' - how ironic! We all arrived at school together later on in the day, after everyone had had fun with the decorations (some of us came in sports cars, the back of trucks, motorbikes etc). We came dressed up as a character from a fairy tale, etc. I went as Alice in Wonderland. I wanted to be Dorothy, so I had to wear this dumb wig. Anyway, it sounds like something little kids would do, but my school was very strict and this was our 'fun' (everything had to be approved several times before we were actually allowed to undertake the final planning). I mean, it was fun "trashing" the school, but we couldn't chuck toilet rolls everywhere and use glue (that’s so unfair! I wish we could've done that :(). We were told not to use glitter around the school, but we used it everywhere. Ha ha ha. We didn’t have to clean it up. All the little primary kids had to. :) So yes, muck up day is fun. I guess it's more about destroying the school one last time with all your friends without getting arrested. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
That sounds like so much fun. I wish we could've done all that. I think that the teachers would have rung the police for disgracing the school name. :) Ha ha ha. Water guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanorama
Thanks for posting the photos :) It looks like Victoria, Madeleine and Philip had a very good time in their graduation ceremony. Over here in Australia we got nothing like this, on our final assembly, our parents went to the school and the school handed our reports to us on the stage, then thats probably about it. Muck up day at school the day before was fun though :P
Sorry, another post in this thread from me. I had to wear something similar for my graduation, sans the hat. Ah, those white dresses. It was a formal occasion and I was scared I was going to trip (as usual). Thankfully I didn't. We had this champagne and finger-food (none of which I could eat) 'standing-outside-talking-with-the-parents-and-teachers-having-lots-of-photos-taken' time outside afterwards in these really beautiful gardens. Anyway, thank you everyone for the photos. It's so nice to hear and see what other people do in other countries, and even in my own. If anyone else has anymore stories, I would love to hear them. :p

Old 05-30-2005, 06:59 AM
Aristocracy

can i ask a question??? see the dresses that the gals wear at the graduation and the suits that the boys wear is that a uniform for everyday school or just on Graduation day only???
Old 05-30-2005, 08:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRedDevils
can i ask a question??? see the dresses that the gals wear at the graduation and the suits that the boys wear is that a uniform for everyday school or just on Graduation day only???
if you are refering to the white dresses on Madeleine and Victoria and Carl Philips suit, no. Thats just for graduation.
Most of the girls in Sweden wear white on graduation day, and the boys often wear suits. But there´s no "rules", its up to everyone to decide what to wear.

School uniforms are not common here in Sweden but Lundsberg (Carl Philips school) has a uniform but its only used for formal events, such as church and end of term celebrations.
Old 05-30-2005, 09:44 AM
Courtier

Thumbs down School

We don't have any sort of celebration when you leave school in the United Kingdom. :(

You have to wait until you graduate from University then you receive your cap and gown.
Old 08-13-2005, 04:45 AM
Majesty

i think there was big graduation partys "student fester" when they graduated
Old 08-13-2005, 06:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
i think there was big graduation partys "student fester" when they graduated
sure there was :)

perhaps we should include them in this thread aswell!

Victoria had her graduation party at Ulriksdal Castle, outside of Stockholm. She arranged the party together with her best friend Caroline Svedin and they also wore matching dresses.

There were many guest, both Victorias friends from school, aswell as family and some "older" friends such as the royal couple, Caroline Svedins parents and some others

Carl Philip had his graduation party together with one of his oldest friends, Mikael, who was his best friend at kindergartenin Bromma.

The guest traveled with the boat "Carl Philip" to the party location.

Madeleine and her best friend Lussan Gottlieb had their party at Finnborda varv in Stockholm and among the guest was their parents, siblings and ofcourse boyfriends and friends from school.

During the dinner, the royal couple and Victoria together with Lussans parents, surprised all guest by singing a song dressed up as "rumpnissar" (from Ronja Rövardotter by Astrid Lindgren)
Old 08-13-2005, 12:48 PM
Courtier

Lightbulb Photos

I remember seeing photographs of that here in the forum somewhere, quite funny really!
Old 05-11-2006, 10:30 AM
Commoner

Hey, I now it's been a while since Madeleine's graduation but does any one have more pictures of her and her friend Louise from this day??
They look so happy och beautiful=)

please, post them// Thank you=)