General Swedish Royalty Facts, Discussion and Questions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
question...

Hi,

I have a question.. I read somewhere that there was a statevistit (on 5 may 2006) from the Emperor and Empress of Japan to Sweden.. Is it true and if it is, is there already a threat for?? (I couldn't find it)

thanks ahead

Princess Robijn said:
Hi,

I have a question.. I read somewhere that there was a statevistit (on 5 may 2006) from the Emperor and Empress of Japan to Sweden.. Is it true and if it is, is there already a threat for?? (I couldn't find it)

thanks ahead
No. The Emperor and Empress of Japan paid a State Visit to Sweden in May 2000. However, the Japanese Prime Minister, Koizumi, was in Sweden for two days last week. He received an audience with the King among things.

But however, in 2007, a return State Visit by the King and Queen to Japan is planned. But no dates or additional info is available yet, so it's way too early for a thread.

Last edited:
Thank you.. I was already wondering why I missed it :) :)

Jose said:
Yes Princess Lilians husband Prince Bertil born 1912-1997 death after he was burial on Haga park. Princess Lilian and Prince Bertil have marriage on 21 years and together on over 50 year later.

It is royal burial ground Haga park:
Crown Princess Margareta of Sweden born 1882-1920 and King Gustaf Adolf born 1882-1973,
his second wife Queen Louise of Mountbatten born 1889-1965.
King Gustaf Adolfs children is Gustaf Adolf born 1906-1947, Sigvard of Bernadotte born 1907-2002.
Prince Gustaf Adolfs wife Princess Sibylla born 1908-1972.
Prince Carl born 1861-1951 and his wife Princess Ingeborg born 1878-1958,
his last children is Prince Carl born 1911-2003 of Bernadotte. He was married Kristine Rivelsrud.
But what about king Gustav V, queen Victoria, prince Eugene, prince Vilhelm? Where are they buried?

While CPV sounds amazing. My mutti and vati were awesome enough to call me Victoria, and it's so cool knowing that your name belongs to such a beautiful and talented woman. I would like to think my parents named me after her, but alas, they didn't. They just thought that I looked victorious. The Crown Princess is going to rock as Q of S for sure and kudos to the country for being ahead of the ball game in terms of girl power. You ladies and gents are on the ball.

Is Ferfried von Hohenzollern a brother-in-law of Brigitta?

Hey everyone,

here in Germany a TV show has been in the headlines lately. Prince Ferfried of Hohenzollern wants to marry Tatjana Gsell, a more or less high society lady, she`s quite scandalous. They air all the preparations on TV. I have not seen the show but I read that Ferfried is the brother of Hansi, who is Brigitta`s husband. That would make the Swedish Royals quite close relatives to Ms Gsell and Ferfried.
Does anyone know if it is true or just another story the magazines made up?
Here`s a picture:http://img.stern.de/_content/55/88/558850/tatjana_500_500.jpg

I was just reading in the Denmark thread that Mary has a lady in waiting. Does Victoria, Madeleine, Or the Queen have a lady in waiting? Do they even do that sort of thing?

Lady-in-waiting

Queen Silvia has at least one. I am am not sure about Crown Princess Victoria and I am pretty certain that Princess Madeleine does not have one.

robby86 said:
I was just reading in the Denmark thread that Mary has a lady in waiting. Does Victoria, Madeleine, Or the Queen have a lady in waiting? Do they even do that sort of thing?
The Queen has two Ladies-in-Waitings, I think she used to have three, but according to the official website they are now two. The Crown Princess has chosen to use Aide-de-Camps instead of Ladies-in-Waiting, she has three of them. Prince Carl Philip has two Aide-de-Camps. Princess Madeleine have no personal aides yet. You can read more about staff in this thread.

So they still have aids? Well, why not? Rich people still hire people for everything.

GrandDuchess said:
The Crown Princess has chosen to use Aide-de-Camps instead of Ladies-in-Waiting, she has three of them. Prince Carl Philip has two Aide-de-Camps.

Oh that is a very wise and financially shrewd move since the A-D-C's probably make ideal servants (funded by an outside source and exceedingly obedient)

I'm just curious why Princess Christina's sons get invited to royal functions abroad. Of course they are invited when the functions are in Sweden since they are nephews of the King but didn't we see Gustaf at Felipe and Letizia's wedding? I'm just wondering if the invitations for these functions extend as far to the sons/daughters of the siblings of the sovereign. (Hope that makes sense) :)

Furienna said:
But what about king Gustav V, queen Victoria, prince Eugene, prince Vilhelm? Where are they buried?
King Gustav V and Queen Victoria were buried at the RIDDARHOLM CHURCH in Stockholm:

I haven't found data on the other ones you posted, it's hard to find the burial places for non-monarchs;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay... Thanks anyway...

Eugene was Gustav V's brother and Vilhelm was Gustav V's son.

I'm sorry if you already posted this, but what ethinicity is Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine???

mixer2002de said:
Will the Swedish Royales visit the World soccer championship in Germany?
Yes, prince Carl Philip was there at tonights game between England and Sweden (2-2 :D )

I know I am a British national but I don't care who wins! Yennie, where did you see Prince Carl Philip? On tv?

Last edited by a moderator:
Gita said:
Yennie, where did you see Prince Carl Philip? On tv?
I didnt saw him, but I read in the calender that he was going to be there. So perhaps someone took a photo of him!

Aluminium crown

I have read that the crown jewels of Sweden are set into an aluminium crown. :)
Has anyone a link to a photo of this crown? Which crown is it? I have Googled unsuccessfully; I saw various crowns online, in the Treasury at Stockholm but have not found what I am looking for. :confused:

What do you mean by "set into an aluminium crown"? There are many crown jewels, individual pieces, they have not been merged into anything. And as far as I'm aware, nun of them are made of aluminium....

Moonjr27 said:
I'm sorry if you already posted this, but what ethinicity is Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine???

Caucasian ofcourse.But what does ethnic issues have to do with it?Nada.

Aluminium was at one time a rare metal, before electrolysis made extraction easier. One of the Swedish crowns is made of aluminium with jewels set into this metal. This ia a true fact; I just need to find a picture of this crown.

lindabutterfly said:
Aluminium was at one time a rare metal, before electrolysis made extraction easier. One of the Swedish crowns is made of aluminium with jewels set into this metal. This ia a true fact; I just need to find a picture of this crown.
Do you really mean one of the crowns belonging to the regalia? Or do you mean a tiara/diadem from the Bernadotte Foundation or private collections?

Moonjr27 said:

They are Swedish, Brazilian (from Queen Silvia's mother) and German (from Queen Silvia's Father).

Last edited:
GrandDuchess said:
Do you really mean one of the crowns belonging to the regalia? Or do you mean a tiara/diadem from the Bernadotte Foundation or private collections?
This is the only information I can find on the Internet:

Aluminum, one of the most common elements present in soil but difficult to extract, was a precious metal little more than a hundred years ago; the crown jewels of Sweden are set in an aluminum crown

lindabutterfly's quote said:
Aluminum, one of the most common elements present in soil but difficult to extract, was a precious metal little more than a hundred years ago; the crown jewels of Sweden are set in an aluminum crown
Well it would have to be one piece from the crown jewels, I guess a crown or tiara could be set in aluminium then. Not all the crown jewels, or regalia as they're called in Sweden, though - because they are individual pieces of their own material, shape/form and history.

Yes, aluminium must have been expensive and rare back in the day, since Napoleon and Josephine ate on aluminium plates and their guests "only" were allowed to eat on gold plates. And back when it was that expensive and rare, I guess it wouldn't have been that weird if a Swedish crown was made of this metal.

Back
Top Bottom