The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-26-2013, 06:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Very good summary from Trond N. Isaksen's blog about the issue of the inheritance of the Galliera art collection:

Trond Norén Isaksen: Prince Carl Philip renounces Galliera inheritance
I am trying to wrap around this to understand! What exactly is this?

Old 05-26-2013, 06:35 PM
Royal Highness

Now that I think about it -perhaps the order placed on/near HM Queen Alexandra's coffin is one of the Greek royal orders? Is there a balkin order expert around on these boards somewhere?

Old 05-26-2013, 07:00 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post
Now that I think about it -perhaps the order placed on/near HM Queen Alexandra's coffin is one of the Greek royal orders? Is there a balkin order expert around on these boards somewhere?
I think you're posting in the wrong thread by accident :)
Old 05-26-2013, 09:48 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post

I think you're posting in the wrong thread by accident :)
Oops! Yes! Thanks! I meant for another thread as I was reading both at the same time. Sorry...
Old 05-27-2013, 10:26 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Have the ongoing riots in Stockholm and area got close to the royal residences?
No, not really. Husby (and some other suburbs) are quite far from Stockholms slott and Haga. So no worries about that.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Today it was announced that Princess Madeleine is expecting her first child in March.

The swedish succession law says that the members in the line to the throne have to be raised in Sweden and as Protestant.

Does it also mean that the baby has to be born in Sweden? Or when they will move f. e. in two or three years the baby will be then included in the line?

And what about Christopher O'Neill, when they will move back to Sweden and he decided to take the swedish citizenship, could he be then a prince?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Today it was announced that Princess Madeleine is expecting her first child in March.

The swedish succession law says that the members in the line to the throne have to be raised in Sweden and as Protestant.

Does it also mean that the baby has to be born in Sweden? Or when they will move f. e. in two or three years the baby will be then included in the line?

And what about Christopher O'Neill, when they will move back to Sweden and he decided to take the swedish citizenship, could he be then a prince?
These issues were discussed at the swedish press already before the wedding. The king's solicitor Axel Calissendorff didn't want to comment this in any way. He didn't want to comment if the children will be princes of princesses either.

The Act of Succession says
"In accordance with the express provision of Article 2 of the Instrument of Government of 1809 that The King shall always profess the pure evangelical faith, as adopted and explained in the unaltered Confession of Augsburg and in the Resolution of the Uppsala Meeting of the year 1593, princes and princesses of the Royal House shall be brought up in that same faith and within the Realm. Any member of the Royal Family not professing this faith shall be excluded from all rights of succession."
Old 09-03-2013, 10:54 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post

The Act of Succession says
"In accordance with the express provision of Article 2 of the Instrument of Government of 1809 that The King shall always profess the pure evangelical faith, as adopted and explained in the unaltered Confession of Augsburg and in the Resolution of the Uppsala Meeting of the year 1593, princes and princesses of the Royal House shall be brought up in that same faith and within the Realm. Any member of the Royal Family not professing this faith shall be excluded from all rights of succession."
Where in the Act of Succession does it say everyone in line for the throne must be raised in Sweden? As pointed out earlier, that is a rather imprecise requirement- what exactly does it mean?
Old 09-03-2013, 11:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eve2Eden View Post
Where in the Act of Succession does it say everyone in line for the throne must be raised in Sweden? As pointed out earlier, that is a rather imprecise requirement- what exactly does it mean?
...within the Realm... means within the kingdom. It is quite clear what the requirement for someone in line of the throne is.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eve2Eden View Post

Article 4 of the Act says that prince and princesses of the Royal House shall be raised within the Realm.

If I'm reading it right, then it means that a prince or princess - i.e. any children of Victoria or Carl Philip - must be raised in Sweden, however as it is theoretically possible for non-princes/princesses to come to the throne, then it is not a requirement that they - i.e. the children of Madeleine - be raised in Sweden.

http://en.m.wikisource.org/wiki/Act_...sion_of_Sweden
Old 09-04-2013, 02:18 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
...within the Realm... means within the kingdom. It is quite clear what the requirement for someone in line of the throne is.
Wow, I somehow totally missed that line when I read the original post- thanks for pointing it out!

To me, the phrase "brought up" is not entirely clear. I imagine different people could have different ideas of what it means, which could be problematic. Since the Act does not contain specific language, how will it be determined whether or not Madeleine's child meets the requirement?
Old 01-26-2014, 06:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Expressen has an article about the official dinners the king and queen host for 2 or 3 times a year. How the guests are chosen and the guests tell about hown it was to attend at the dinner and talk with the members of the royal family.
Här är kungens privata gästlista till sina fester Extra Expressen
Translation
Old 01-31-2014, 08:30 AM
Nobility

Does anybody know much about Silvia's bracelets? She tends to wear the same ones a lot. :)
Old 04-18-2014, 04:57 PM

Help identify this royal monogram!

https://scontent-b-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/...42962203_n.jpg

I recently found this by metal detecting and could not find a matching monogram on the Web. I am fairly sure this is Swedish. It was found in Estonia. I am trying to identify the family. Could anyone help me out tracing this monogram down?

Thank you!
Old 04-18-2014, 06:25 PM
Gentry

If it is indeed a Swedish royal monogram, it looks quite similar to the monogram of Prince Erik, Duke of Västmanland.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._of_Sweden.svg
Old 04-18-2014, 06:35 PM
Courtier

what a fabulous find!!! How exciting!! It looks like a seal that they used to drip way on a letter and seal it with that!!! I hope you find out who it belongs to. keep us posted. good luck.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:05 AM
Aristocracy

To me the crown over the monogram looks similar to the heraldic crown used by swedish counts. Since Estonia was a part of Sweden between 1561-1721 it's not impossible that it has a swedish origin.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:07 AM

Bumping this in the hopes of someone familiar with Swedish monograms will read this!

Tags
question, swedish royal family