The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-25-2012, 01:45 PM
Aristocracy

Speaking of inheritance, i know that Prince Carl Philip already inherited the Ökenäs farm and some other places are rumored to become his in the future, so i was wondering if you know what will become of CP Victoria and of Princess Madeleine?
Does CP Victoria own something else than Haga Palace?

Old 05-25-2012, 02:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wok_kym View Post
Speaking of inheritance, i know that Prince Carl Philip already inherited the Ökenäs farm and some other places are rumored to become his in the future, so i was wondering if you know what will become of CP Victoria and of Princess Madeleine?
Does CP Victoria own something else than Haga Palace?
Victoria doesn't own Haga Palace. After standing empty for a long period, Gustaf VI Adolf granted use of the palace to the Swedish government for foreign guests. In 2009, the government transferred the right of disposal back to H.M. The King, in order to prepare a home for The Crown Princess Couple.
Haga Palace - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

Old 05-25-2012, 03:25 PM
Aristocracy

That is right, my mistake! thank you
Anything else?
Old 05-25-2012, 04:00 PM
Majesty

i think soliden in Öland will go to victoria
Old 05-25-2012, 04:16 PM
Serene Highness

I'm sure she's well provided for financially but Madeleine seems to be left out in the big inheritances.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:41 AM
Aristocracy

Maybe i am wrong, but i would suppose that the majority of the royal palaces will stay linked to the Crown and so to Crown Princess Victoria.
However, are the royal palaces of the SRF or of the state?
I wonder who will stay in Drottingholm when, hopefully many years from now, the king and queen pass away.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Maybe i am wrong, but i would suppose that the majority of the royal palaces will stay linked to the Crown and so to Crown Princess Victoria.
I wonder who will stay in Drottingholm when, hopefully many years from now, the king and queen pass away.
When Victoria and Daniel moved to the Haga Palace, it was written at the press that the king thinks that they might stay there even after Victoria becomes Queen. The king owns Solliden, I don't know if he owns any other castle, he leases the Stenhammar estate and castle from the swedish state.The extensive property went to the Swedish government in 1903 in accordance with Anders Robert von Kraemer's will. The will orders that the main building is leased to a male representant from Bernadotte family.
The history of Stenhammar
http://www.stenhammarsgods.se/historia.asp
Google translation
Old 05-26-2012, 04:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Only Stenhammar and Solliden Palace are private property of the monarch.
The ownership of the other Palaces (there are others like Tullgarn, Rosendal, Strömsholm etc.) is actually a complicated matter - on one hand, they are state property, on the other, they are at the disposal of the royal family and factually, most of their interior from furniture to art belongs again to the monarch and the royal family's foundations.
As far as Victoria and family are concerned:
In an interview last year, King Carl Gustaf said that they definitely plan to stay at Haga Palace and not move to Drottningholm one day after he passes away.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:53 AM
Aristocracy

Thank you for both of your responses!
I understand better now, even though it seems such a complicated matter.
I had thought that Victoria and her family were to stay in Haga, that's why i was wondering about drottingholm.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:57 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post

While this is probably a bit unfair towards Carl Philip, I do agree with the King that an art collection of such significance should be inseparable from the Crown.
I doubt that queen Joséphine meant anything else than that the future monarch would inherit the collection, and that the paintings would stay in the Swedish royal family, even if she worded her will in an unusual manner. I would think that the wording "firstborn son of the king" prevented the collection to end up in Denmark at the death of Carl XV, who only had a daughter, I would guess that the collection instead went to the next "firstborn son of the king", the future Gustaf V, the nephew of Carl XV.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Very good summary from Trond N. Isaksen's blog about the issue of the inheritance of the Galliera art collection:

Trond Norén Isaksen: Prince Carl Philip renounces Galliera inheritance
Old 05-27-2012, 08:33 AM
Aristocracy

that is very interesting, thank you Boris
Old 07-16-2012, 10:33 AM

Swedish National Dress

I was looking at pics from Princess Victoria's birthday celebrations and I was wondering why Princess Madeleine was not in national dress but Queen Silvia and Princess Victoria were? It's something I've wanted to know for a while, it might have been discussed before but I'm new, so if anyone could help me out, I would appreciate it a great deal.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDutchess View Post
I was looking at pics from Princess Victoria's birthday celebrations and I was wondering why Princess Madeleine was not in national dress but Queen Silvia and Princess Victoria were? It's something I've wanted to know for a while, it might have been discussed before but I'm new, so if anyone could help me out, I would appreciate it a great deal.
I have never seen Madeleine wear a national dress at Victoria's birthday, I don't know the reason to it. She had a national dress in the morning of the national day when she opened the palace gates with her brother, and she wore "Sverigedräkten" in Skansen at the same day.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

The royal family does not wear national dress on CP Victoria's birthday - that's worn on National Day -, but the traditional regional dress of the island of Öland, where the celebration takes place.
Of course Princess Madeleine wore the Öland dress as a girl, but stopped doing so as a young woman, following Princess Lilian's example, who never wore any of these costumes.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris
The royal family does not wear national dress on CP Victoria's birthday - that's worn on National Day -, but the traditional regional dress of the island of Öland, where the celebration takes place.
Of course Princess Madeleine wore the Öland dress as a girl, but stopped doing so as a young woman, following Princess Lilian's example, who never wore any of these costumes.
Thank you so much for answering my question.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Of course Princess Madeleine wore the Öland dress as a girl, but stopped doing so as a young woman
It could be that her Öland dress is too small now and she haven't had a new one done, to be worn just once a year.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:01 PM
Nobility

King Carl XVI Gustaf uniform.

Hello I'm new to this blog and I was not sure if there was an existing thread about this, so I thought I'd create a new one.

Why doesn't the king wear this uniform anymore?1975SwedishSV-QueenElizabethIIKingCarlXVIGustafandPCPhilip.jpg photo by Mr_PeterMichael | Photobucket

The one he wears now seems so much plainer in comparison to this one.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:44 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Brockdorf View Post
Hello I'm new to this blog and I was not sure if there was an existing thread about this, so I thought I'd create a new one.

Why doesn't the king wear this uniform anymore?1975SwedishSV-QueenElizabethIIKingCarlXVIGustafandPCPhilip.jpg photo by Mr_PeterMichael | Photobucket

The one he wears now seems so much plainer in comparison to this one.
It's not a swedish military uniform. It's a british. The picture is from the State visit to United Kingdom in 1975. King Carl Gustaf is an honorary admiral in the UK Royal Navy.
You can see Prince Philip wearing the same uniform.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Have the ongoing riots in Stockholm and area got close to the royal residences?

Tags
question, swedish royal family