The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-04-2015, 12:50 PM
Majesty

Nice summer vacation for the Swedish royals
Are Victoria and Daniel with the rest or just friends

Old 08-04-2015, 12:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

It seems that Victoria, Daniel and Estelle are with their friends, at least so far. Of course they could still be staying at the family's Villa Mirage with the rest of the family.
The king, queen, Carl Philip and Sofia
http://img3.schweizer-illustrierte.c...?itok=MU09TYzH
http://img3.schweizer-illustrierte.c...?itok=4ZTj8psj
http://img4.schweizer-illustrierte.c...?itok=hfW2mFaP

Old 08-05-2015, 09:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

The queen , king and CP couple with Estelle
http://www.wireimage.com/search/#eve...20of%20Sweden/[568695813]&ep=0/0/1&s=3
Search for Editorial Photos - WireImage

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/482...VaCKaancvV3ML0
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/482...WJ4XNC7uX47Oz0
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/482...fI8xR6KUNu4qe0
Old 08-05-2015, 09:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

The queen, Sofia, Victoria, Daniel and Estelle
http://shimodas.hant.se/wp-content/u...31-650x433.jpg

Today the king, queen, Victoria, Daniel and Estelle were on Polaris in Sainte-Maxime. Carl Philip was seen on the beach helping the king.
Pictures _ Getty Images
NTB Scanpix gallery

Photos, also of Carl Philip and Sofia who spent the day at the boat "Kissmi" with some friends.
Prinsens sköna semester på rivieran _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Old 08-05-2015, 02:37 PM
Majesty

Cute Estelle on the beach
http://i1.bstatic.de/sites/default/f...?itok=Jl2xornq
Old 08-06-2015, 01:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Photos, also of Carl Philip and Sofia
Här semestrar kungafamiljen _ Sommar _ Aftonbladet

The king, queen, Victoria, Daniel and Estelle
IBL Bildbyrå

Daniel and Estelle
http://img2.schweizer-illustrierte.c...?itok=6vGAptja
Old 08-07-2015, 09:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Photos
Ruotsin hovi luksuslomalla_ Victoria häikäisi seksikkäänä bikineissä - katso kuvat
Old 08-07-2015, 10:38 AM
Majesty

Nothing better from summer holidays
Old 08-07-2015, 12:08 PM
Nobility

as usual I would prefer paps leave them alone!!!! during thier holidays!!!
Old 08-07-2015, 12:17 PM
Majesty

I agree with you Anne2 but if they are like it or not the paps doing their jobs too.
Old 08-07-2015, 12:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne2 View Post
as usual I would prefer paps leave them alone!!!! during thier holidays!!!
All royals in the world know that if they go to St. Tropez, they will be photographed by paparazzis. The swedish press has told many times, that Victoria, Daniel and Madeleine don't want to spend time at the family's Villa Mirage, just because of the paparazzis. They haven't been seen there during the last years. And that is why the swedish press speculates that maybe Villa Mirage will be left to Carl Philip when the king dies because he and Sofia like to spend time there.
Maybe Victoria and Daniel decided now to spend some time with the family in the family villa despite of the paparazzis. Expressen told also that Victoria, Daniel and Estelle have spend time with their friends, H&M's ceo Karl-Johan Persson and his wife Leonie at a boat in St. Tropez.

One more photo
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0600010080...90279912372903
Old 08-07-2015, 01:28 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

The photos of the family at the beach make me wonder if they went there for Estelle, as none of them (apart from little Estelle of course) seem to be too enthusiastic about the beach, and none of them are wearing swimwear. I can imagine that we have all dragged our parents to the beach when they don't feel like it as little children.

I agree with the press - I think given the fact that the rest of the SRF don't like going to Villa Mirage because of the paparazzi, and also that I read that St. Maxime is a favourite of theirs, the villa will at some point be handed over to Carl Philip and Sofia.
Whilst it would be nice if the royals could have paparazzi free holidays, that's unfortunately not possible, particularly if they are immediate members of the family. And as LadyFinn has said, St. Tropez is a famous holiday destination that attractions lots of royals and celebrities, so they have a bigger chance of being "papped" there.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-10-2015, 01:08 PM
Majesty

Very sweet photos of Estelle with her uncle Carl Philip on the beach
http://41.media.tumblr.com/a01abd84e...sagxo2_400.jpg
http://41.media.tumblr.com/a2d291dfc...sagxo3_400.jpg
http://36.media.tumblr.com/2a96660ee...sagxo1_500.jpg

estelle and Victoria
http://41.media.tumblr.com/734f23fc7...impxo1_500.jpg
Old 08-10-2015, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
How very sweet! These two melt my heart!

Vote in TRF Fashion Polls!

Old 08-13-2015, 08:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

From Svensk Damtidning
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Old 08-23-2015, 04:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

An article in german newspaper about 49-year old Elke Wallner, a big fan of the royal family. 40 years ago she saw photos of queen Silvia, and there it started.
"They are king of like a family to me. With all the images around me, I never feel alone", says Elke Wallner.
Waiblingerin liebt das schwedische Königshaus_ Königin Silvias größter Fan - Rems-Murr-Kreis - Stuttgarter Zeitung
Translation
Old 08-24-2015, 01:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, the former Director of the court press department and a Marshal of the Court as the Head of Crown Princess Victoria's Household, has written a new book "Journalister är också människor" (Journalists are also human beings).
ETW wrote the book for novices, to those who are not accustomed to the media and who do not have large communication departments available. She has been interviewed about her book and she has spoken about her work at the court.

I get of course both provoked and amused by the title. How did you come to the conclusion that we are human?
- By appealing to your common humanity. When Crown Princess Victoria was only 15 years old, I remember that she got in advance a question for her interview that was something like: "Can the Crown Princess define the monarchy and explain why it is important for Sweden in the future?"
- And it was expected, that she could answer to that! I turned then to the journalist in question, who had children of the same age, and asked if he thought that they in turn could answer something like that and they of course couldn't.
- There were many who saw the royals as supernatural beings, that they lived in a different world, had other abilities, were more grown up, more resistant, all that.
By the way are royals human?
- I think I have already said it. They are that in the highest degree, and they take offense at like any other.
Surely your connection to the court has given you a sort of special status in many contexts?
- Yes, both positive and negative. Negative in the sense that I sometimes felt that I wasn't me, that I wasn't always invited to a dinner because I was considered to be a fun and friendly guest but because I represented something that the sender wanted to get in touch with via me. The positive thing is that I got to experience very many exciting things.
What has been the most exciting?
- At the risk of sacrilege: the state visit to Saudi Arabia in 1981. I had never experienced that kind of society before and never been to dinner in the tents in the desert where the royal couple were driven up in a Bentley to meet the host, Crown Prince Fahd and where real mats were widespread across the sand. I was sitting there with a bunch of press people. Desert romanticism vanished unfortunately when we heard the aircraft on the way in to land in Riyadh close above our heads.
After you left the court the king has been in a couple of controversies. If you had been there, he had not turned a page then?
- I write about it in the book too. No other king had been before in front the massive walls of the beast. I think I had tried to suggest that the press conference would have been cancelled although there would have come a lot of talk. It would have been good if he only had had time to read the so-called book first.
Do you still have contact with the royals?
- Yes, and primarily with the family at Haga.
Man är rädd för att bli hudflängd_ _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

At TV4's Nyhetsmorgon ETW was asked what is her strongest memory of a meeting of a member of the royal family and media.
ETW says that Victoria was going to study French at the University of Angers. ETW was with Victoria when she enrolled to the University. There was huge media interest from the continental and Swedish media. When Victoria came out from the door to be photographed, there were a lot of photographers at the bottom the stairs, elbows were used and there was rivalry between the photographers. ETW still remembers that sight.
But there are also many very good and restful interviews of the members of the royal family, like the king’s interview due to his 50th birthday. ETW says that during her 32 years work for the royal family she never told any royal “you must say like this” if she wasn’t asked to tell what one should say, she tried to create the foundation for the royals' work. When she started at the court, the king was very accustomed with the media, the queen was quite new at the situation that she was the queen. And the queen was disappointed that the press was so interested about her clothes. The queen said: “If they were as interested in what I have in my head than they are in what I have on my head”. The members of the royal family want that the press writes about their work, not how they walk, stand or what kind of clothes they wear. Of course they are conscious of that a lot of the culture around the royal court is on traditions, clothes, furniture.
The reporter says that Victoria is very skilled on her role. What is ETW’s role in Victoria’s competence?
ETW says that Victoria had got the base from her home. And ETW had the great job to follow Victoria and support her, she had experience of almost 30 years and the king and queen thought she could help Victoria. ETW says that she has been there for Victoria, she is still there for Victoria, and anyone, who wants help from her, and she and Victoria are still in contact.
Jag finns fortfarande tillgänglig för Kronprinsessan_ - TV4 Play
Old 09-21-2015, 04:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

The apanage increased by 7.8 million in the budget
The grant to the royal house, called the Apanage, is increased by 7.8 million. The reason: security around the royal family needs to be strengthened.

In this year's budget it is suggested that the Royal Court gets next year SEK 135.3 million, this year the apanage was SEK 127.5 million. The increase is just over SEK 7.8 million.
Most of the increased sum is not about luxury, glamour and lavish wedding parties. Instead, it is the security that costs.
"The Government believes that the safety of the royal palaces need to be strengthened. The apanage is therefore proposed to be increased by 6.3 million from 2016, writes the Minister for Finance Magdalena Andersson in the Budget.
The Court must submit an annual report to the government every year, where it tells how the apanage is used.
Apanaget höjs med 7,8 miljoner i budgeten _ Dina Pengar _ Expressen
Translation

The court confirms to Expressen that security must be raised at the royal family's palaces and that most of the increase in Apanage will be used to it.
The king is informed about the new tougher situation:
Jan Lindman, the director of the economy at the court, confirms to Expressen that the majority, 6.3 million of the 7.8 million crowns, will be used for security:
- Yes that's right. There are around six million for increased safety. It is not just public security - but this is about the specific security missions.
Where? Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel's Haga Palace? The King and Queen's home Drottningholm Palace? Or the Royal Palace?
- We never go into what or where. It is a principle we have always had. But I can confirm that the extra money is earmarked and will be used for specific security operations, says Lindman.
Have there been any threats?
- There is nothing I know of, says Lindman.
Does the king know about the tightened security?
- The King is always well informed and oriented to the safety issues surrounding business and palaces, says Lindman.
Hovet_ Det handlar om specifika säkerhetsinsatser _ Dina Pengar _ Expressen
Translation
Old 09-21-2015, 08:05 AM
Nobility

@Lady Finn - I read the article in Expressen about the extra security and the money the government is granting. I wonder if there have been threats against the SRF?

If the money is going to Sapo coverage on Sofia's apartment in South Africa or Madeleine in London, that's a problem. They are the wife of a spare and a spare herself so they normally don't get round the clock protection - unless there is a threat.
Old 09-21-2015, 08:46 AM
Serene Highness

Maybe a threat than against more Royals because in the Netherlands the amount of money for the security of the royal family (extended family included) rose also.
So I don't think that it is a special swedish problem.

Btw I think that mr. Obama's daughters are protected too even the eldest daughter, who, as I have heard, goes to college and does not live at the White House