The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-18-2019, 09:53 AM
Majesty

^^^^^ How wonderful that her family chose to celebrate her life rather than mourn her death.

Old 07-18-2019, 03:53 PM
Administrator

Here's another gallery of Anki Wallenberg's funeral today:

** rex/IBL gallery **

Old 07-19-2019, 03:30 AM
Courtier

Agree with MARG - it was very lovely thought to celebrate her life. White depicts faith and purity and there's something pure and sincere in wearing white. I believe in eastern countries, white is the color of mourning and funerals.
Old 07-23-2019, 08:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Roger Lundgren, the editor-in-chief of Kungliga Magasinet, has met queen Silvia and Madeleine today in Solliden. Surely he has interviewed them to Kungliga Magasinet. Photo at Lundgren's Instagram.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B0QL7W3iDM1/
Old 07-26-2019, 03:53 AM
Courtier

The President of Tunisia, Beji Caid Essebsi, died yesterday 25th July, aged 92.

As he was a Knight of the Order of the Seraphim, a Ringing of the Seraphim could be expected on the day of his funeral, which is said to take place this Saturday. No information from the Court has been released yet.
Old 08-19-2019, 03:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Expressen Extra has at its newest issue an article about Sofia and Chris knowing eachother previously.
"Sofia's unknown past with Chris before Madde"
http://imageupper.com/s12/1/1/W15662388571677823_1.jpg

It's an old story, Svensk Damtidning wrote about it already in 2013.
They were photographed at the same event in 2006 and in 2008.
Old 09-18-2019, 06:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

The german press writes many times a year that king Carl Gustaf is abdicating and Victoria becomes queen. But the swedish press doesn't write much about it, it is just written that the king has always said he will not abdicate.

But last week gossip magazine Hänt i Veckan had on its cover
The secret decision!
Therefore, the king steps down earlier
All ready for a change of monarch
"Victoria becomes queen"
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Although I don't believe, that the king abdicates, and although Hänt i Veckan is a bad gossip magazine, I find it interesting, that a swedish magazine writes about it. It's something new. The swedish press has been written for some time that the king and queen spend more and more time in Stenhammar, and that the king is tired. During the last couple of years, we have seen some changes, the king and queen, especially the queen, has shorter periods without work many times a year. Of course it is quite natural since she and the king become older. The roles and responsibilities of Victoria (and Daniel) are highlighted more and more, and the roles of Carl Philip and Madeleine seem to diminish. Carl Philip and Sofia concentrate more and more to their Foundation and Madeleine doesn't do many royal duties in addition to her work in WCF.
Old 09-18-2019, 10:05 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The german press writes many times a year that king Carl Gustaf is abdicating and Victoria becomes queen. But the swedish press doesn't write much about it, it is just written that the king has always said he will not abdicate.

But last week gossip magazine Hänt i Veckan had on its cover
The secret decision!
Therefore, the king steps down earlier
All ready for a change of monarch
"Victoria becomes queen"
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Although I don't believe, that the king abdicates, and although Hänt i Veckan is a bad gossip magazine, I find it interesting, that a swedish magazine writes about it. It's something new. The swedish press has been written for some time that the king and queen spend more and more time in Stenhammar, and that the king is tired. During the last couple of years, we have seen some changes, the king and queen, especially the queen, has shorter periods without work many times a year. Of course it is quite natural since she and the king become older. The roles and responsibilities of Victoria (and Daniel) are highlighted more and more, and the roles of Carl Philip and Madeleine seem to diminish. Carl Philip and Sofia concentrate more and more to their Foundation and Madeleine doesn't do many royal duties in addition to her work in WCF.
IMO the way it is done in the Netherlands or Spain is much better than waiting for the death of your father / mother.

I guess it should be a day of joy when you become queen or king, becoming this while mourning isn't quite a nice thought.
I always have the pictures in my mind from QMII the way she is standing on the balcony, pronounced as queen, after her father died.
I would prefer the other way round and grant the monarchs some time as a "pensioner".
Old 09-18-2019, 11:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm quite the conservative on this matter. I feel that a monarch should remain on their throne for life.
Old 09-20-2019, 07:23 AM
Courtier

I think that the king will abdicate, but I don't think he'll do it now (unless there are unexpected health reasons or something like that). I think he will at least stay on the throne until prince Oscar start school. I think that most members of the royal family has more or less openly talked about how difficult it was when the king and queen had to leave for royal duties when the kids were younger. I'm sure that's something that they want to avoid in the next generation, if possible.
Old 11-12-2019, 01:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Expressen writes about the Royal family's "secret" room - they have their own waiting room at the Stockholm Central Station. Expressen quotes the article in Aftonbladet, which can be read only by those who pay of it.

Through a discreet side entrance at Stockholm Central Station, the royals enter the room closed from the public. Only one royal crown over the door signals that the Royal family's waiting room is behind it.
The waiting room (Väntsalen) was built in 1871 and is adorned by paintings of the royal palaces Gripsholm, Haga and Drottningholm. There are crystal chandeliers from NK and the couches are designed by Carl Malmsten. The king and queen have their own waiting rooms - the queen's is slightly smaller - and both an own toilet.
A special door out takes the royals from the room directly to the train.
Nowadays, the royal family rarely chooses trains as a means of transport. The special royal train carriage from 1931 was used at the latest in May 2011 when Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel made their first official visit to Ockelbo, writes Aftonbladet.
Jernhusen operates Stockholm Central Station and are now auctioning a visit for a group of 20 people in the secret waiting room for the benefit of Musichjälpen. This year's fundraising is organized for organizations working against children who are victims of sex trafficking.
Kungafamiljens hemliga väntsal på Stockholms centralstation _ Kungligt _ Expressen
Photos by SPA
"It is described as one of Swedens most secret rooms. The royal waiting room at Stockholm Central Station was opend in 1871 and is adorned with paintings at the royal palaces Gripsholm, Haga and Drottningholm. Through a discreet side entrance at Stockholm Central Station, the royals enter the room that is closed to the public."
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...c8&oe=5E5A945C
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...eb&oe=5E5DD7B6
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...0d&oe=5E4A3891
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...0c&oe=5E51F520
ROYAL: Das "geheime" Wartezimmer der schwedischen Königsfamilie am Bahnhof Stockholm Centralstation
Old 11-15-2019, 01:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

TV4's annual program of the royal family "Kungahuset 2019" will be broadcasted on 25th December at 20.00 at TV4, TV4 Play and C More.

Jesper Börjesson meets the royal family in an exclusive documentary
Jesper Börjesson has followed the Swedish royal family for an intensive year. In the documentary Kungahuset 2019, viewers are invited to exclusive meetings and get a unique insight into the royal's everyday life with high tempo, long-distance travel and strong commitment.
It has been an eventful year with state visits, travel, official missions - and a major change within the royal house.
TV4's program host Jesper Börjesson has followed the royal family on assignments in Sweden and abroad and the red thread is the commitment to the environment. Among other things, we can accompany the king to the fire-hardened areas in Hälsingland, one year after the extreme forest fires. Crown Princess Victoria and Princess Estelle take us on a litter picking walk and Prince Carl Philip talks about his great interest in locally produced and sustainable food.
We also get to follow Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel to Vietnam where they raise environmental issues and also take us on a nightly walk in Hanoi.
- The environment and climate are the heart issues for the entire royal family. This is evident both during trips around the world and on litter picking walks with the children, says Jesper Börjesson.
He has also traveled to Germany where Queen Silvia visited her city of birth Heidelberg. During the inauguration of the children's home, Childhood Haus, the Queen reflects on her 20-year commitment to children's rights.
- It was incredible to be there and see how popular the queen is in Germany. People went out of the house to catch a glimpse of her and give flowers. The queen stopped and talked to as many as she could and received hundreds of flower bouquets.
Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia also talk about how they look to the future of their children Alexander and Gabriel who no longer belong to the royal house.
Jesper Börjesson möter kungafamiljen i exklusiv dokumentär