The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #321  
Old 02-22-2019, 12:40 PM
fortimo's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 1,777
I heard in the news, that the crown jewels are found... Is there informations somewhere in the Forum about the theft? I am surprised, that I didn't hear about this in the previous year.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #322  
Old 02-22-2019, 01:47 PM
JR76's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 2,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortimo View Post
I heard in the news, that the crown jewels are found... Is there informations somewhere in the Forum about the theft? I am surprised, that I didn't hear about this in the previous year.
Here you go. I posted about the conviction a few hours ago
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums....php?p=2199035
Here's an article about the theft from Euronews
https://www.euronews.com/2019/02/05/...n-crown-jewels
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #323  
Old 02-23-2019, 02:19 AM
fortimo's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 1,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Here you go. I posted about the conviction a few hours ago
Crowns and Royal Regalia - Page 8 - The Royal Forums
Here's an article about the theft from Euronews
https://www.euronews.com/2019/02/05/...n-crown-jewels
Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #324  
Old 03-08-2019, 09:04 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 29,767
Expressen published today their annual The Women of the Year list. The list has 100 women.
The Woman of the Year 2019 is Greta Thunberg, 16, a Swedish political activist working to stop global warming and climate change

Three of the royal family's women are on the list:
4. Crown princess Victoria (Victoria was chosen as The Woman of the Year in 2011)
23. Queen Silvia
35. Princess Sofia
Årets kvinnor 2019 – se hela Expressens lista med 100 namn
Reply With Quote
  #325  
Old 04-07-2019, 11:09 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 29,767
Queen Silvia, Victoria and Estelle visited today Schönbrunn Zoo in Vienna.
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...a5&oe=5D342355
https://www.facebook.com/zoovienna/p...type=3&theater

According to the press, Estelle had made a lot of questions about the animals at the zoo.
Schwedische Königin in Schönbrunn - wien.ORF.at
Schwedische Königsfamilie besucht Tiergarten Schönbrunn - SALZBURG24

According to this article, also Oscar was in Vienna. These women, who were having a hen party, met Victoria on Saturday. Victoria and the children had visited Spanische Hofreitschule.
Schwedens schöne Prinzessin verzaubert Wien _ krone.at
Reply With Quote
  #326  
Old 04-07-2019, 12:04 PM
JR76's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 2,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Queen Silvia, Victoria and Estelle visited today Schönbrunn Zoo in Vienna.
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...a5&oe=5D342355
https://www.facebook.com/zoovienna/p...type=3&theater

According to the press, Estelle had made a lot of questions about the animals at the zoo.
Schwedische Königin in Schönbrunn - wien.ORF.at
Schwedische Königsfamilie besucht Tiergarten Schönbrunn - SALZBURG24

According to this article, also Oscar was in Vienna. These women, who were having a hen party, met Victoria on Saturday. Victoria and the children had visited Spanische Hofreitschule.
Schwedens schöne Prinzessin verzaubert Wien _ krone.at
That explains this tweet :)

https://twitter.com/simospa/status/1...522397184?s=19
Reply With Quote
  #327  
Old 04-07-2019, 02:45 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 10,623
What a fun day for Estelle with her Mum and Grandma.

I am not surprised she is so inquisitive about the animals. I would have loved to explore that zoo at my age and ask tons of questions.
Reply With Quote
  #328  
Old 04-07-2019, 03:51 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 11,286
Is there a reason why the family are in Vienna together or are they there for the Easter break? Either way it's lovely to see them enjoying some time with each other and the photo of the three was wonderful - sweet to hear that Estelle was interested in the animals and asked lots of questions at the zoo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
What an amazing encounter! Imagine thinking that the woman and child sitting next to you are completely regular passangers only to find out you were in the company of two future queens for an hour
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Reply With Quote
  #329  
Old 04-07-2019, 03:59 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 29,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Is there a reason why the family are in Vienna together or are they there for the Easter break? Either way it's lovely to see them enjoying some time with each other and the photo of the three was wonderful - sweet to hear that Estelle was interested in the animals and asked lots of questions at the zoo.



What an amazing encounter! Imagine thinking that the woman and child sitting next to you are completely regular passangers only to find out you were in the company of two future queens for an hour
They aren't having Easter break. Queen Silvia has three work events next week and Victoria five. Now it was a good time to queen Silvia to have a weekend trip with her daughter and grandchildren when king Carl Gustaf was in South Korea.

A couple more photos
Sunday
https://scontent.fmex1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...37&oe=5D44EF60
Saturday
https://twitter.com/_evakuierung/sta...84193534738432
Reply With Quote
  #330  
Old 04-08-2019, 09:39 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 50,935
.

Here are some photos of Victoria and Estelle in Vienna on Saturday, meeting the bride-to-be Anna and her hen party guests who sold them the Austrian dessert called 'Schwedenbombe' (Sweden bomb):


** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga gallery **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #331  
Old 04-08-2019, 02:43 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 29,767
Photos without watermark at Svensk Damtidning's article. Estelle had got a cap from Spanische Hofreitschule.
Här äter Estelle kokostopp i Wien – se våriga bilderna på mor och dotter! _ Svensk Damtidning
Reply With Quote
  #332  
Old 04-08-2019, 03:17 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 11,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
.

Here are some photos of Victoria and Estelle in Vienna on Saturday, meeting the bride-to-be Anna and her hen party guests who sold them the Austrian dessert called 'Schwedenbombe' (Sweden bomb):


** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga gallery **
I presume this is also part of the reason why the family went to Austria. Lovely photos - Estelle certainly looks very happy to have been given the Schwedenbombe!
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Reply With Quote
  #333  
Old 04-08-2019, 03:30 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 29,767
Nina Lagergren, half-sister of Raoul Wallenberg, died on 5th April at the age of 98. Nina Lagergren was one of the founders of the Raoul Wallenberg Academy.
The members of the royal family met Nina Lagergren often. She was married to Gunnar Lagergren, the former Marshal of the Realm. And as the wife and widow of Gunnar Lagergren, she was invited to the festive events at the court, to Victoria's 40th birthday celebration and King Carl Gustaf's 40 years jubilee. The members of the royal family met Nina Lagergren at the events in connection with Raoul Wallenberg and Holocaust. Nina Lagergren was also the mother of Nane Annan, wife of Kofi Annan.
The members of the royal family with Nina Lagergren
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Reply With Quote
  #334  
Old 04-21-2019, 11:32 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 29,767
Photos at Drottning Victorias Hotell och Vilohem (Queen Victoria's Rest Home), close to Solliden on Öland.
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...91&oe=5D324FD2
Reply With Quote
  #335  
Old 05-10-2019, 02:32 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 29,767
Victoria and Carl Philip were at Tekniska Museet yesterday evening. It seems that they attended at Peter Wallenberg jr and Klara Wallenberg's 100th birthday party. Peter Wallenberg jr has had his 60th birthday and his wife Klara her 40th birthday.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxQiS6-noAC/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxQjDjFnj6K/
Reply With Quote
  #336  
Old 05-11-2019, 01:28 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 29,767
The royal court has published it's Annual Report 2018 on its website.
The Marshal of the Realm Fredrik Wersäll writes at foreword his among other things:
The Royal Court has the task of supporting the King in his role as head of state and responsible for preserving, looking after and showing the cultural heritage that the royal visitor destinations constitute. My reflection as a new Marshal of the Realm is that the Royal Court with its many unique competencies perform a high-quality work to fulfill these tasks within, after all, limited financial framework.
The Report tells among other things:
In 2018 the Royal Court received a total of 1,752 requests (1716 in 2017) for royal participation. The number of official commitments for the King and the Royal Family increased to 900 (875 in 2017).
The king and queen had a total of about 3,400 guests at various events. The crown princess couple also conducted official representation with over 100 invited guests.
Verksamhetsberättelsen 2018
Reply With Quote
  #337  
Old 05-19-2019, 01:58 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 29,767
At Expressen's TV-program of the royal family "Kungafamiljen" hostess Tess Ulander and fashion expert Emma Danielsson spoke about clothes. About children's clothes and hair accessories, but also about men's clothes.

Emma Danielsson points out now when the holiday season is coming, the king's shirt.
- He has a garment he is very fond of and it returns year after year on his holidays on the French Riviera.
The garment that the king is extra fond of is a striped, short-sleeved shirt that he has in several different variants and color settings. The first time he wore the garment was in 2002 - that is, 17 years ago.
- This shirt is a favorite, and it is fun that he reuses just the same shirt instead of buying new all the time and that is very much in the time, says Emma.
Something else the king likes in fashion is expressing himself with the help of his ties.
- Sometimes also with a little humorous glance in the eye, such an example is when he was in Abisko 2017 and chose a tie with small skiers, Emma says.
Another occasion when the king chose a tie after the event was when he visited a school in Botkyrka and wore a blue tie with elephants. But the king not only has fun ties but also some of the more luxurious variant, including a blue tie from the Louis Vuitton brand.
Emma Danielsson also has also looked at Prince Daniel and praises him for being so stylishly dressed, he almost never fails, especially when it comes to fits on his costumes and clothes, the fit is always good and it is very important for a man.
She gives an example of Daniel's favourite, which has become a bit of his signature in the way of clothing when he owns several pieces in several different colors - namely the double-breasted jacket.
- Many people think that it can be very difficult with a double-breasted jacket when you can see very boxy and square out, but Daniel wears it up really well and gets a lot of pondus in this type of jacket.
Kungens favoritskjorta – har hängt med i 17 år Expressen
Reply With Quote
  #338  
Old 05-19-2019, 11:44 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St Thomas, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Posts: 1,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
At Expressen's TV-program of the royal family "Kungafamiljen" hostess Tess Ulander and fashion expert Emma Danielsson spoke about clothes. About children's clothes and hair accessories, but also about men's clothes.

Emma Danielsson points out now when the holiday season is coming, the king's shirt.
- He has a garment he is very fond of and it returns year after year on his holidays on the French Riviera.
The garment that the king is extra fond of is a striped, short-sleeved shirt that he has in several different variants and color settings. The first time he wore the garment was in 2002 - that is, 17 years ago.
- This shirt is a favorite, and it is fun that he reuses just the same shirt instead of buying new all the time and that is very much in the time, says Emma.
Something else the king likes in fashion is expressing himself with the help of his ties.
- Sometimes also with a little humorous glance in the eye, such an example is when he was in Abisko 2017 and chose a tie with small skiers, Emma says.
Another occasion when the king chose a tie after the event was when he visited a school in Botkyrka and wore a blue tie with elephants. But the king not only has fun ties but also some of the more luxurious variant, including a blue tie from the Louis Vuitton brand.
Emma Danielsson also has also looked at Prince Daniel and praises him for being so stylishly dressed, he almost never fails, especially when it comes to fits on his costumes and clothes, the fit is always good and it is very important for a man.
She gives an example of Daniel's favourite, which has become a bit of his signature in the way of clothing when he owns several pieces in several different colors - namely the double-breasted jacket.
- Many people think that it can be very difficult with a double-breasted jacket when you can see very boxy and square out, but Daniel wears it up really well and gets a lot of pondus in this type of jacket.
Kungens favoritskjorta – har hängt med i 17 år Expressen
It is understandable that Prince Daniel is more careful and less individualistic in his dress than the king. His style of dressing, among other things, was used to dismiss him as a potential prince when he was dating the crown princess.
Reply With Quote
  #339  
Old 07-06-2019, 02:42 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 29,767
Sweden won England 2-1 at the FIFA Women's World Cup bronze match today.
The royal family congratulates the team about their bronze medal
"Many congratulations to the skilled football team. Good that Sweden took home the bronze", greets the royal family via Margareta Thorgren.
Svenska VM-bronshjältarna hyllas efter vinsten mot England _ Aftonbladet
Reply With Quote
  #340  
Old 07-18-2019, 07:40 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 29,767
Queen Silvia and Madeleine attend today at the funeral of royal family friend Ann-Kristin (Anki) Wallenberg, 68, who died in June at a sailing accident on Lake Geneva in Switzerland. Margareta Thorgren told on 9th July to the press:
- The royal family doesn't have the opportunity to attend the funeral, but they are with in their thoughts. The royal family has sent condolences after the tragic death message and sends greetings and flowers to the funeral.
But today Margareta Thorgren told that the queen and Madeleine are attending the funeral.

For the royal family, Anki Wallenberg became an important contact when Madeleine moved to London with her friend Louise Gottlieb. The two 19-year-old girls lived then at Anki's home for a period between 2001 and 2002.
Anki Wallenberg attended Madeleine and Chris's wedding in 2013.

At Anki Wallenberg's obituary there wasn't the dates of her birth and death, only "forever young". At the obituary it was also said "light clothing".
https://api.memoriz.se/system/funera...png?1562381299

Svensk Damtidning about the queen and Madeleine attending the funeral at the Dalarö church. They arrived with the queen's lady-in-waiting Christina von Schwerin. Also Louise Thott and her parents Carola and Fredrik Gottlieb attended the funeral.
- Anki Wallenberg was a good friend of the queen, and she was also so nice and took care of Princess Madeleine during her stay abroad, says Margareta Thorgren to Svensk Damtidning.
The small white wooden church from 1787 is located near the hotel bridge and is surrounded by old beautiful summer villas.
Now it is filled to the last place, actually so full that the many wreaths have been placed outside. Only the family's and royal family's wreaths are at the altar. 120 guests attend the funeral.
Här tar drottning Silvia och Madeleine farväl av vännen – kungafamiljen i stor sorg _ Svensk Damtidning

Count Bertil and countess Jill Bernadotte
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010090...34511461677163

Louise Thott arrived with her parents Carola and Fredrik Gottlieb
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010090...34511461677163
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010090...34511461677163
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010090...34511461677163
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010090...34511461677163

Anki Wallenberg's ex-husband Peder Wallenberg, they were married 1980-86.
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010090...34511461677163

Gallery
Belga Image

Svensk Damtidning's Helena Wiklund writes:
It was a farewell filled with emotions. The priest Fredrik Santell spoke so beautifully about the warm and life-giving Anki, she was not only the finest possible mother of her sons Jacob and Nicholas, but also opened her arms for so many other children and young people.
Like Princess Madeleine and Louise Thott, who lived with Anki in Chelsea when they studied in London.
For Queen Silvia this meant that she could feel safe, and confident that Madeleine was in good hands, something she certainly feels great gratitude for today.
This became also a farewell filled with music. Anki's son Jacob sang Danny Boy and Eric Clapton's Tears in Heaven. Claude Debussy's Clair de Lune was played on the harp and flute and it was the Radio Choir who was responsible for the choir song.
Last of all, the church was filled with Alphaville's Forever Young, in memory of the unforgettable and eternally young Anki Wallenberg.
Then her sons Nicholas and Jacob carried their mother's coffin out of the church, with the tunes of Schubert's Ave Maria on the trumpet. The family gave their farewell and then followed the Queen and Princess Madeleine.
Later, everyone gathered at the family at Dalarö.
Silvias tårar för väninnan – så var begravningen _ Svensk Damtidning

The king and queen's flowers
https://files.svenskdam.se/uploads/2...rets-krans.jpg
Madeleine and Chris's flowers
https://files.svenskdam.se/uploads/2...ne-Chris-1.jpg

Silvia och Madeleine deltog i Anki Wallenbergs begravning
Här tar Silvia och Madeleine farväl av nära väninnan - Allt om kungligt
Här stöttas prinsessan Madeleine i djupa sorgen - Allt om kungligt

ROYAL: Silvia und Madeleine bei der Beerdigung von Anki Wallenberg in Dalarö

Also Andrea Brodin's parents Eva Benita "Putzi" Brodin and Hans-Eric Brodin attended.
https://alltomkungligt.se/wp-content...ning_stor4.jpg
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
General News about the Dutch Royal Family, Part 1 (September 2010 - ) principessa Dutch Royals 83 07-12-2019 06:34 AM
General News for the Cambridge Family 2: January 2015-March 2017 JessRulz Current Events Archive 1575 03-19-2017 12:27 AM




Popular Tags
administrator archie mountbatten-windsor aristocracy belgian royal belgian royal family birthday celebration crown crown prince hussein crown prince hussein's future wife crusades current events danish royalty denmark duchess of cambridge duchess of sussex duke of sussex dutch royal family earl of wessex french revolution future genealogy germany greece harry headship house of bernadotte house of grimaldi jerusalem king philippe king salman lithuania lithuanian palaces mbs meghan markle mohammed vi monaco royal monarchism monarchist monarchy monogram mountbatten nelson mandela bay netflix nobel prize official visit pakistan potential areas prince charles prince daniel prince harry princely family of monaco princess margaret princess royal queen mathilde queen paola romanov family rown royal children royal tour savoy saxony spanish royal state visit state visit to denmark sweden swedish history trump viscount severn visit from sweden windy city


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:17 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises
×