Friends of the Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gita said:
Does anyone know what Lussan is studying at University? Is she still there?

Thank you, Gita.
She used to take the same class as Madeleine, History of Art. Dont know if she continued with ethnology

Summary & report from a Svensk Damtidning article this week

This week’s Svensk Damtidning writes that one of Crown Princess Victoria’s best friends, Martina Gahn, and her fiancée Johan Bonde are expecting their first child.

- Yes, that’s correct, and it’s going to be so much fun! It’s the first grandchild, Martina’s mother commented to the magazine.

Martina and her fiancée Johan live in Dubai where he works as a pilot. They have been engaged since February. Svensk Damtidning writes that the wedding will most likely take place in Dubai, but that they are planning to host a big party for family and friends in Sweden next summer, when the baby has been born. That would mean that they could marry in the Anglican Church and not in the Church of Sweden, as no Swedish priest has the right to wed couples in Dubai.

Martina and the Crown Princess were school comrades at Enskilda Gymnasiet, and in 2003 when Peder Dinkelspiel and Caroline Kling Svedin got married; Martina and Victoria were two of the bridesmaids together with Leonie Persson and Rebecka Svensson.

Martina’s family, the Gahn family, is a noble family descending from Scotland. Her father, Tomas Colquhoun Gahn is a businessman and owns the mansion Munkaskog outside Hjo in Västra Götaland Country. Martina has three sisters, Tomasine, Henrietta and Carolina.

Pictures by Charles Hammarsten and Svensk Damtidning.

Interesting...haven´t we waited the whole summer for their wedding. And now they have made the baby firstly. Well, why not...so many do it...maybe also Vickan (Yes, I know...I know...I know) :rolleyes:

A clip of Homestyling, where Victoria´s good friend Andrea Engsäll (here in a pink top) styles homes (so that estate agents can sell them for more money)
IMO she sounds a lot like Madeleine (the dialect...but maybe it are just my ears):
mms://qstream-wm.qbrick.com/00607/2005/Homestyling/103_fore_efter.wmv

Family making news from the royal circles..

Martina Gahn is now married!

Svensk Damtidning this week reports that Martina Gahn, one of Crown Princess Victoria's closest friends, married her fiancée Johan Bonde in a ceremony in the Anglican Church (with a Swedish priest though) in Dubai on 16 December 2005.

The ceremony was simple and no friends or family was present, the big wedding celebrations are due to take place sometime this summer when the couple's first baby has been born. Martina is expected to deliver her baby in April.

H&M heir Charlotte Persson has given birth to her first child!

Svensk Damtidning this week also reports another one of Crown Princess Victoria's friends is advancing in the family making process. This time it's the H&M heir Charlotte Persson, Sweden's 21st richest person, who has given birth to a daughter on 1 January 2006 at 5:04 PM.

Last edited:
Royal friends Lina & Tom Davidson settles in Djursholm!

The first picture by Pressens Bild via Svensk Damtidning (the picture in the right corner is the former owner of the house), and the second is by Mattias Carlsson via Aftonbladet (from their wedding day)

Svensk Damtidning this week also reports that Lina and Tom Davidsson, friends of the royal children, have moved from the inner city and settled in their own newly purchased house in the posh suburb Djursholm.

The villa had a price tag of 17 million Swedish crowns (!), it was built in 1923 and consists of 273 square metres of space. It was one of the most expensive pieces of on the Stockholm market in 2005.

A lovely home for Lina, Tom and their son Nicholas to settle down in.

The pink dress of Michaela Rothstein is wonderfull. She looks beautiful with your golden skin

the first Madeleine´s friend wears like her, doesn´t she?

Last edited by a moderator:
from the party Prince Carl Philip hosted in Tullgarn on 2005
(photos from dpa)

TULLGARN 050910 - Princess Madeleines best friend , Louise Gottlieb right , arrive to the big party that crownprincess Victoria , princess Madeleine and prince Carl-Philip arranged for their friends. To the left Pontus Joen Bonnier.

TULLGARN 050910 - Royal friends Adam and Mika Svensson arrive to the big party that crownprincess Victoria , princess Madeleine and prince Carl-Philip arranged for their friends.

Hey, Madeleines best friends Lussan is so beautiful. Does anyone have pictures of her in a gala dress?? That would be great. Thanks

lol i couldn't help laughing because i can never imagine myself throwing a party with my brother and getting our friends to dress so formal...lol

Talking about Louise Gottlieb, she was at the 60th birtday celebration with her new boyfriend Gustav Thott

and here´s some random photos of her, all photos from stureplan.se

Last edited:
Louise

What is Louise up to at the moment? Is she still at University? Or is she working?

A 28- year old friend of the royal family (Carl Philip in particluar) was injured in a boat crash this weekend in Saltsjöbaden, in the Stockholm archipelago. He fell in the watér and was hit by the boat and the propeller hit him in the head and the back.
The man is close to the royal family, his girlfriend and her family is one of the royal familys closest friends.
After the accident, the man was taken to the hospital
- There was alcohol involved and he is suspected of drunk-driving, says a policeman.

http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=618609

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/story/0,2789,846968,00.html

My note; quite clear who this man is imo. Lets see if some magazines will write his name

Last edited:
Yennie said:
My note; quite clear who this man is imo. Lets see if some magazines will write his name
Who do you think it was? I can't think of anyone?

Gita said:
What is Louise up to at the moment? Is she still at University? Or is she working?

Doesnt she live in NYC with Madde and some other friends? And does anyone know who these other friends are? Cuz I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that when Madde moved to NYC she not only brought Jonas along but some of her best girlfriends too.

christinacg said:
Doesnt she live in NYC with Madde and some other friends? And does anyone know who these other friends are? Cuz I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that when Madde moved to NYC she not only brought Jonas along but some of her best girlfriends too.
No, at first Louise was going to NY but then she met her boyfriend and did not want to leave him. So she stayed in Sweden and Madeleine went to New York with Lovisa de Geer, Veronica Arp and possible one more which I cant remember the name of right now :)

Norwegian Se og Hør has a story about one of the SRF "friends" Peter Lennartson (46!!) hooking up with Norwegian royal family parasite Pia Haraldsen (former gf of Prince Guillame and adopted daughter of Sonjas now divorced cousin), they are supposedly a couple since may, According to them he is a friend of Gustav Magnuson and was in his costume birthday last year. Is this Peter Lennartson also in the circle of Victoria, Madeleine and Carl Philip or just Gustav?

Larzen said:
Norwegian Se og Hør has a story about one of the SRF "friends" Peter Lennartson (46!!) hooking up with Norwegian royal family parasite Pia Haraldsen (former gf of Prince Guillame and adopted daughter of Sonjas now divorced cousin), they are supposedly a couple since may, According to them he is a friend of Gustav Magnuson and was in his costume birthday last year. Is this Peter Lennartson also in the circle of Victoria, Madeleine and Carl Philip or just Gustav?
Oh dear, what lovely news you bring us... :eek: :rolleyes: I have never even heard of this Peter Lennartson, so I highly doubt he's counted to the friend circles around the royal children or the royal couple, he's never been mentioned anywhere at least.

Hey! Any news or pictures of Louise Gottlieb? wonder what she's doing this summer? I saw a picture of her and her new boyfriend in a swedish magazine"Svensk Damtidning", it was from the kinhs 60th's birthday party! So beautiful!!

have a nice weekend!=)

Now I´m courios about this guy. He´s seen with Carl Philip alot... I think they went to Lundsberg together but I have never heard anything about him...
Does anyone knows something about him?

photos by; Christian Herlin.

article_image_ea8ac1eaa2d4e225.jpg

Here's a picture of princess Madeleines friends: Stephanie Rosta ( little sister to Madeleines close friend Nathalie Rosta) and Andrea Engsäll's husband Niclas

This picture was taken at a bar in Stureplan

Silvias goddaughter and close friend of the royal family Josephine Genetay speaks out in a interview in the colombian newspaper El Tiempo.

She says that Silvia is a very important mother figure in her life and that she feels like one in the family. Josephines mother, who was a close friend of the Queen, died when Josephine was 8 years old and as her father was away from home she got a substitute family at Drottningholm.
- The queen has had a very important role in my life, says Josephine.
Josephine Genetay is one year older than crownprincess Victoria and the girls has been very close since childhood. Josephine is also very close to princess Madeleine.

Josephines parents came from Colombia but Josephine herself was born and raised in Sweden. Now Josephine works in Colombia as a Capoeira instructor for young adults. Its a part of the Mentor programme, which Queen Silvia is involved in.
- Everyone told me I was crazy when I said I wanted to go there and said I was just going to get kidnapped. But I called my godmother and she gave me the number of Diana Ceron who works in the Mentor foundation in Colombia. During her time in Colombia Josephine found love in Anderson Chaparro, a man from Medelln whos father was murdered by Pablo Escobar.
- People may think its the story of the "princess and the frog", but we are the same and he represent everything Colombia is to me.
This summer her boyfriend will visit Sweden and Josephine is not worried about the royal familys reaction.
- I know they will respect my decision because I have always made my own decisions. And I have never felt so loved ever before in my life.

Josephine is now miles away from her golden days with a glas of champagne in one hand and a cigarette in the other. She liked to party and was a guest at the Oscars, hip clubs and fashion weeks in New York and Milan. In New York she shared apartment with actor Anne Hataway, known from the movie "The devil wears Prada".

Aftonbladet: Slumprinsessan

Last edited:
I love this thread! I think it's important to humanize royalty- they have regular old friends juslt like the rest of us! _Even if they do take more frequents vacations with them! haha!

are madeleine best freind louise gottleib and her boyfreind Gustav Thott engaged

One of Victoria's best friends, Andrea Engsäll and Chris O'Neill's bestman Cedric Notz on Thursday night at the Björk & Berries cocktail evening at the Royal Swedish Academy of Fine Arts.
http://cdn.stureplan.se/2012/imagereportage/65615/standard/Cedric Notz & Andrea Engsäll.jpg

Right after Madeleine's and Chris' wedding the swedish press wrote that there is a romance between Andrea and Cedric, they spent a lot of time together at the wedding. A couple of weeks ago Svensk Damtidning wrote that Andrea and Cedric have seen each other both in Stockholm and in Switzerland. Now they go publicly out together.

Last edited:
Victoria's friend Andrea Engsäll confirmed to Svensk Damtidning at the event she and Cedric Notz were seen together, that they are a couple: Yes, we are, like you see. This is quite new and I would not like to talk so much about this. But we are a couple and it feels incredibly good.
The couple has some challenges with mixing their lives in Stockholm and Switzerland, but Andrea said that they take one day at a time and try to see each other as often they can. We can see what happens in the future. It is of course so nice to meet a wonderful person like Cedric and I am really very happy, said Andrea.

Back
Top Bottom