Dutch Introductory Visit to Sweden: October 14, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you for those who answered my question about height of the Dutch couple. I had always thought of Victoria and Daniel as quite tall as most of the pictures I have seen have been either of them on their own or with other members of the SRF.

I know it seems trivial to some posters but hey - I wanted to know and some of you were good enough to answer, so again, thank you!

I had always thought of Victoria and Daniel as quite tall as most of the pictures I have seen have been either of them on their own or with other members of the SRF.

The swedish queen is short- I have read many people who have seen her in person say she is shorter than they expected - and she is normally the shortest in pictures! (Don't get me wrong I LOVE her!!!!) as for the king I am not sure about his height... I did see a video where he was high fiveing some handball players and I couldn't stop laughing at the height difference- it was hilarious!! :)

All the couples in the photos are v well matched. And everyone seemed so happy and relaxed. Great pix.

I typed up the Dutch Subtitles for when they talk about Silvia's fashion- I am putting them below. I do not read or speak dutch so I relied on google translate to give me a sense of what is being said- you could do the same or you could find someone to translate them for you- I don't want to paste the google translate here because it is not 100% correct.

"In onze serie Elegante ouderen koningin van Zweden. Koningin Silvia is een hele charmante vrouw. Bij haar kledingkeuze valt me op dat ze risico's durft te nemen. Dat vind ik fantastisch. Ik vind dat ze zich heel goed kleedt naar haar leeftijd. Je ziet er de Zweedse mode mooi in terugkomen. Het leuke is dat ze speciale materialen kiest. Er is altijd iets aan te zien. Het is altijd iets meer dan een gewoon pak. De witte jurk is mijn favoriet.Het staat haar prachtig en het is tijdloos. Qua model. Firmsterren zouden hem zo aantrekken naar de oscar. De hele jurk, de cominatie van de vorm te kiezen voor wit. Daaruit blijkt dat ze risico's durft te nemen. De stof en de snit van de jurk is zo gesneden dat het vrij slank naar de onderkant valt. Dat is niet geschikt voor elke vrouw. Elk hobbeltje is zichtbaar. Wat is goed vindt, is dat zij haar lichaam respecteert. Ze doet vooral aan wat haar mooi staat. Dat geldt voor elke vrouw; kies kleding die je blij maakt maar vooral ook wat je mooi staat. Het bijzondere is dat ze bepaalde kleuren durft te dragen. Ik heb haar gezien in kobaltblauw, in kanariegeel. En ze zag er stunning uit. Haar kleuren, dat zijn de heldere kleuren. Vooral felle uitgesproken kleuren. Rood, hard blauw, fel koraal. Die staan haar mooi. En vooral veel warme kleuren. Het pakje wat zijn draagt tijdens de doop van haar kleindochter vind ik prachtig. De stof is mooi. De kleur vind ik bij haar wat flets. Als je de leeftijd habt van 70 of 75 heb je niet meer dat idee van: ik moet zo nodig de mode volgen. Mijn advies: je hoeft je niet altijd te houden aan een bepaalde kleur. Het hoeft niet altijd donkerblauw te zijn. Of grijs. Maar durf een keer een andere kleur te kiezen. Een roze of een geel of een rood. Maar zorg dat de accessoires er goed bij zijn. Denk niet: ik ben wat ouder, het moet saai. Durf kleur te kiezen, durf een stijl te kiezen. Er zijn wat dingetjes die afvallen zoals een heel laag decolletee of een heel kort rokje. En goede verzorging bovenal. We worden steeds duurder naarmate we ouder worden. "

It's not just that WA and Maxima are tall. But, Maxima is what I would call a statuesque woman. There are many women who are 5'10" ... but she, like Queen Margrethe, are a bit big-boned. BTW, I LOOOOVE Maxima ... so, that wasn't a criticism. :)

It's not just that WA and Maxima are tall. But, Maxima is what I would call a statuesque woman. There are many women who are 5'10" ... but she, like Queen Margrethe, are a bit big-boned. BTW, I LOOOOVE Maxima ... so, that wasn't a criticism. :)
Statuesque - that's exactly the word that occurred to me, also. And regal, and lovely. :flowers:

The swedish queen is short- I have read many people who have seen her in person say she is shorter than they expected - and she is normally the shortest in pictures! (Don't get me wrong I LOVE her!!!!) as for the king I am not sure about his height... I did see a video where he was high fiveing some handball players and I couldn't stop laughing at the height difference- it was hilarious!! :)

Swedish royals are short. I have met several of them at receptions and myself being 168cm I was surprised at how short the king was. By the way, when I say "met" it means all Swedes man the decks when the royals visit foreign countries.

According to the swedish media queen Silvia is 165 cm, Victoria 168 cm, Carl Philip 176 cm (he uses often special shoes to get some centimetres), the king 179 cm and Daniel 180 cm. Maxima is about 178 cm and Willem-Alexander almost 190 cm.

Interesting, thanks. I was always wondering how tall are the Danish CP couple, i will now search for pics of F&M, near WA&M

Back
Top Bottom