The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-14-2013, 08:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Willem-A and Maxima seem to be built on a different scale to the people they are meeting - I'm not being rude but just how tall are they?
I don't know about the King but Queen Maxima is 5'10.

Old 10-15-2013, 02:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

From Hola
Los Reyes de Holanda visitan a sus grandes amigos de la Familia Real sueca

Gallery
All Over Press Finland

Gallery of the visit to the Parliament and meeting with the Prime Minister
King Willem-Alexander Visits Stockholm - Pictures - Zimbio

Old 10-15-2013, 06:11 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

From Hello

Queen Maxima of the Netherlands and Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden attend lunch at Royal Palace, Stockholm - hellomagazine.com
Old 10-15-2013, 06:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Hello should take a little closer look to what they write:
"Victoria and Daniel, who became parents to Princess Estelle last February, were on a one-day visit to Sweden."
Old 10-15-2013, 07:19 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
"Victoria and Daniel, who became parents to Princess Estelle last February, were on a one-day visit to Sweden."
I hadn't noticed that,well spotted!
Old 10-15-2013, 09:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Two king and two queens
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...63162202_n.jpg
Old 10-15-2013, 12:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
I think that the Dutch are among the-if not the tallest in the world. I know that everytime I am there I feel like a twig among trees! My Dutch friend says, What do you expect? Holland is so small we've got no place to go but up.
The Dutch are the tallest in the world.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:33 PM
Nobility

Koningspaar bezoekt Zweden - NOS Nieuws Here is a video of M and WA during the State Visit- but no S or CG
Old 10-15-2013, 07:09 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
And how they write...
This is also from the article:

"Victoria wore looked chic in a royal blue textured form-fitting dress with statement silver jewellery and blue patent heels."

How about a proof-reading before publishing? Twice, maybe?
Old 10-15-2013, 08:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
The Dutch are the tallest in the world.
What world? Hardly in our world. Some are tall, many short, like some of the family there. 5'10" is hardly tall. in my world.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for those who answered my question about height of the Dutch couple. I had always thought of Victoria and Daniel as quite tall as most of the pictures I have seen have been either of them on their own or with other members of the SRF.

I know it seems trivial to some posters but hey - I wanted to know and some of you were good enough to answer, so again, thank you!

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-15-2013, 09:14 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I had always thought of Victoria and Daniel as quite tall as most of the pictures I have seen have been either of them on their own or with other members of the SRF.
The swedish queen is short- I have read many people who have seen her in person say she is shorter than they expected - and she is normally the shortest in pictures! (Don't get me wrong I LOVE her!!!!) as for the king I am not sure about his height... I did see a video where he was high fiveing some handball players and I couldn't stop laughing at the height difference- it was hilarious!! :)
Old 10-15-2013, 09:29 PM
Heir Apparent

All the couples in the photos are v well matched. And everyone seemed so happy and relaxed. Great pix.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-16-2013, 02:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Så kom de til Sverige… Kongebloggen - Kjell Arne Totland
Old 10-17-2013, 03:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

one new gallery
Royal Press Europe - Royal Photoagency - © Albert Nieboer & Albert Philip van der Werf
Old 10-20-2013, 03:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

video -> after 17min
Blauw Bloed, 19 oktober 2013 - Op bezoek in Zweden
Old 10-20-2013, 06:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagMil View Post
I typed up the Dutch Subtitles for when they talk about Silvia's fashion- I am putting them below. I do not read or speak dutch so I relied on google translate to give me a sense of what is being said- you could do the same or you could find someone to translate them for you- I don't want to paste the google translate here because it is not 100% correct.

"In onze serie Elegante ouderen koningin van Zweden. Koningin Silvia is een hele charmante vrouw. Bij haar kledingkeuze valt me op dat ze risico's durft te nemen. Dat vind ik fantastisch. Ik vind dat ze zich heel goed kleedt naar haar leeftijd. Je ziet er de Zweedse mode mooi in terugkomen. Het leuke is dat ze speciale materialen kiest. Er is altijd iets aan te zien. Het is altijd iets meer dan een gewoon pak. De witte jurk is mijn favoriet.Het staat haar prachtig en het is tijdloos. Qua model. Firmsterren zouden hem zo aantrekken naar de oscar. De hele jurk, de cominatie van de vorm te kiezen voor wit. Daaruit blijkt dat ze risico's durft te nemen. De stof en de snit van de jurk is zo gesneden dat het vrij slank naar de onderkant valt. Dat is niet geschikt voor elke vrouw. Elk hobbeltje is zichtbaar. Wat is goed vindt, is dat zij haar lichaam respecteert. Ze doet vooral aan wat haar mooi staat. Dat geldt voor elke vrouw; kies kleding die je blij maakt maar vooral ook wat je mooi staat. Het bijzondere is dat ze bepaalde kleuren durft te dragen. Ik heb haar gezien in kobaltblauw, in kanariegeel. En ze zag er stunning uit. Haar kleuren, dat zijn de heldere kleuren. Vooral felle uitgesproken kleuren. Rood, hard blauw, fel koraal. Die staan haar mooi. En vooral veel warme kleuren. Het pakje wat zijn draagt tijdens de doop van haar kleindochter vind ik prachtig. De stof is mooi. De kleur vind ik bij haar wat flets. Als je de leeftijd habt van 70 of 75 heb je niet meer dat idee van: ik moet zo nodig de mode volgen. Mijn advies: je hoeft je niet altijd te houden aan een bepaalde kleur. Het hoeft niet altijd donkerblauw te zijn. Of grijs. Maar durf een keer een andere kleur te kiezen. Een roze of een geel of een rood. Maar zorg dat de accessoires er goed bij zijn. Denk niet: ik ben wat ouder, het moet saai. Durf kleur te kiezen, durf een stijl te kiezen. Er zijn wat dingetjes die afvallen zoals een heel laag decolletee of een heel kort rokje. En goede verzorging bovenal. We worden steeds duurder naarmate we ouder worden. "
Old 10-20-2013, 08:51 PM
Courtier

It's not just that WA and Maxima are tall. But, Maxima is what I would call a statuesque woman. There are many women who are 5'10" ... but she, like Queen Margrethe, are a bit big-boned. BTW, I LOOOOVE Maxima ... so, that wasn't a criticism. :)
Old 10-20-2013, 08:59 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
It's not just that WA and Maxima are tall. But, Maxima is what I would call a statuesque woman. There are many women who are 5'10" ... but she, like Queen Margrethe, are a bit big-boned. BTW, I LOOOOVE Maxima ... so, that wasn't a criticism. :)
Statuesque - that's exactly the word that occurred to me, also. And regal, and lovely.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbellar View Post
The swedish queen is short- I have read many people who have seen her in person say she is shorter than they expected - and she is normally the shortest in pictures! (Don't get me wrong I LOVE her!!!!) as for the king I am not sure about his height... I did see a video where he was high fiveing some handball players and I couldn't stop laughing at the height difference- it was hilarious!! :)
Swedish royals are short. I have met several of them at receptions and myself being 168cm I was surprised at how short the king was. By the way, when I say "met" it means all Swedes man the decks when the royals visit foreign countries.

Tags
king carl xvi gustav, king willem-alexander, queen maxima, queen silvia