Death and Funeral of Princess Lilian, Duchess of Halland: March 10 & 16, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess Sofia will attend the service in the morning.

What time the service start?

The court has not released the list of the guests who will attend, but Lilian was extremely popular, and the invitations have gone out worldwide.
- It's royalty, family and friends who have been invited. But I haven't got the list of those attending. Many have found it difficult to say if they can get here because the funeral is held at such short notice, says Annika Sönnerberg from the press department.

One of the invited was Bond actor Roger Moore, 85. He and Lilian were very close to each other and have known each other for decades.
Lilian traveled to London and surprised Roger Moore on his 70th anniversary.
But as the princess got worse, it was he who had to come and visit her at the Villa Solbacken, where they used to drink tea together.
- We've known each other a long time. So when we got the news of her passing on Monday, we were obviously very sad, says Roger Moore, when Aftonbladet reached him at his home in Switzerland.
Moore remembers the princess with warmth, especially for her special sense of humor.
- She was truly a wonderful person. Lilian was incredibly funny, says Roger Moore.
But he will not attend the funeral.
- We can't come because I undergo eye treatment right now. We are very sorry. But now Lilian finally can rest with her beloved Prince Bertil again.

Today, the royal family takes the last farewell of the Princess Lilian - but already last night they had an own lit de parade at the Royal Chapel between 16 and 20.
Both Chris O'Neill and Sofia Hellqvist were present during the private memorial service yesterday - just as they will be in the Royal Chapel today.
Just after half past six in last night the royals began to leave the palace, but at seven Madeleine and Chris, Carl Philip, Victoria and Daniel, and Princess Christina and Tord Magnuson returned. A little later the king's other sisters arrived to end the day with a dinner at the palace.
Roger Moore Hon var helt underbar Nyheter Aftonbladet

Photos from Saturday morning
http://media.shootitlive.com/3usTIlUxBXRAEg7OAACbgq0r84X/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/892
http://media.shootitlive.com/MVC8Pnf2yf5qPhN9MRV0jLW4Y82/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/892
http://media.shootitlive.com/UWLha9hQbZf40R2QfWJxxtx3N2D/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/892
http://media.shootitlive.com/GfYsfC19B6EPg7MzGuxJL97yr4N/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/892
http://media.shootitlive.com/WhSxmhpsCMNk2FjP3n0rmcf5Jvb/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/892

Last edited:
It's a sad day. All flags at half mast but Stockholm is giving The Princess a very beautiful weather on her last journey.

image-707242508.jpg

I guess chris will sit with Madeleine and Sofia with the other grusets as she did with chris at estelles christning.

Chris has a place with the royal family becouse of the engagement. And sofia is not official that is why she will sit with other guests

Last edited:
Did my eyes deceive me, or did Queen Margrethe curtsey deeply to Princess Lilian's coffin when she arrived?

^I have the same fault in my eyes if she didn't...

Last edited:
I didn't start watching in time to see everyone arrive. I noticed Siliva curtseyed, but Margrethe is a Queen Regnant, and her deep curtsey moved me greatly. I have had great respect and affection for Margrethe anyway, but that has increased tremendously tonight.

Is there any information about the flowers that are both sides of the coffin?

Madeleine is in tears all the time... So sad. :sad: And I'm worried about Queen Margrethe, she looks so frail and sad. I know she has had some back problems lately and they must be serious since she looks almost the same height as Victoria and I know she is much taller than her. She suddenly looks so old and fragile. :sad:

Not happy to see Hellqvist there but it was to be expected...

Did Princess Astrid of Norway attend?

Very touvhing to see Victoria wiping her tears at the chapel

According to the commentator of the funeral, the court mourning (first grade) ends on Monday, and the second grade mourning ends on 29th March. Until then mourning clothes are worn.

Last edited:
All ladies cried ...very sad moment :(
Beautiful service.... RIP Princess Lilian :flowers:

the king and queen held hands in the beginning of the service, giving support to one and other

Anyone else surprised that Queen Anne-Marie nor Princess Benedikte didn't attend the funeral?

It did seem to have been beautiful. I didn't understand much of what was said, but I liked the style of it, and there was a bit of music from her homeland. I'm rather disappointed that the British Royal Family doesn't seem to have been represented. I wonder if anyone from Wales was there.

Looks like it was a beautiful fueral service,the royal chapel is also a very beautiful setting.

Back
Top Bottom