Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-13-2013, 12:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

from Norway Princess Astrid will attend the funeral
The Royal House of Norway - Official engagements

Old 03-13-2013, 12:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

MTV3 quotes the article in Expressen.
Lilian's lawyer Eric Ager told to Expressen, that the princess made changes to her will many times. About five-six years ago she was already so ill that she couldn't write her will anymore. Ager has Lilian's last will. He will attend at the funeral.
Prinsessa Lilian muutti testamenttiaan useasti - Uutiset - Viihde - MTV3.fi

Daniel's attendance on Sunday at the Swedish bandy ball final at Friends Arena has been cancelled due to the death of Princess Lilian.

Fron the court website, about the accreditation for the media. No photography or filming will be permitted inside the Royal Chapel.
http://www.kungahuset.se/royalcourt/...119aa3561.html

The official photo agency at the funeral is Scanpix.
http://www.kungahuset.se/royalcourt/...119aa3569.html

Old 03-13-2013, 12:27 PM
Serene Highness

soooo, no broadcast?
Old 03-13-2013, 12:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

A portrait and a candle in the Royal palace marks the place where citizens to front Their condolences following, the death of Princess Lilian.
https://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?pag...22766512&pos=0
https://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?pag...22766515&pos=4
Old 03-13-2013, 12:47 PM
Royal Highness

According to Sn.dk, Queen Margrethe and her sisters will attend
Avis: Syg dronning Margrethe skal med til begravelse - sn.dk - sn.dk - danmark
Old 03-13-2013, 12:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
This article quotes swedish Expressen's article, but there is no official announcement of the danish royals attending.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:59 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
This article is probably correct, lets just hope that they wont seat Queen Margrethe in the front row and Princess Madeleine in the second row like they did at Princess Estelle's baptism.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Brockdorf View Post
This article is probably correct, lets just hope that they wont seat Queen Margrethe in the front row and Princess Madeleine in the second row like they did at Princess Estelle's baptism.
Well, Queen Margrethe, as a Head of State, has a higher precedence than Princess Madeleine, even in the Swedish Court.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:23 PM
Aristocracy

May this grand lady rest in peace.

Will her funeral be considered a Royal Ceremonial Funeral?
Old 03-13-2013, 01:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Usually at funerals those who are closer related are seated in the front, and a niece is considered closer that a grand-niece, so if correctly seated the king, his sisters and their cousins from the Danish royal family, together with their spouses, should be seated in the front, while their children would be placed in the second row. In this case I would guess that Victoria and Daniel will be seated next to the king and queen, but if correct seating, then Carl Philip and Madeleine should be seated with their cousins.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:35 PM
Nobility

I spoke to staff at the Royal Palace today when I went to the State Hall (Rikssalen) to write in the condolence lists and if they are correct (they coudn't promise me that) the funeral service will not be televised but some seats inside the Palace Church will be reserved for media representants.

Not that i'm feeling it's important to me that it's televised but i think it's a little bit sad and wrong decision by the court to not give as many people as possible the chance to follow the princess on her last journey. Lilian was very loved and popular among the swedish people wether you liked the monarchy or not.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Not that i'm feeling it's important to me that it's televised but i think it's a little bit sad and wrong decision by the court to not give as many people as possible the chance to follow the princess on her last journey. Lilian was very loved and popular among the swedish people wether you liked the monarchy or not.
The decision to televise the funeral or not isn't only dependent on the court, one of the Swedish tv channels would have to be interested in sending the funeral, and I haven't heard about any interest from the media to televise it.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:59 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
The decision to televise the funeral or not isn't only dependent on the court, one of the Swedish tv channels would have to be interested in sending the funeral, and I haven't heard about any interest from the media to televise it.
I don't think they would say anything if they have made a question to the court about this and recived the answer no.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

MTV3 quotes the article in Expressen.
Lilian's lawyer Eric Ager told to Expressen, that the princess made changes to her will many times. About five-six years ago she was already so ill that she couldn't write her will anymore. Ager has Lilian's last will. He will attend at the funeral.
Prinsessa Lilian muutti testamenttiaan useasti - Uutiset - Viihde - MTV3.fi
Old 03-13-2013, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

QM of Denmark is going to attend the funeral
article
Old 03-13-2013, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
article
So there will ne Norwegian and Danish royals,I wonder if we'll see anyone else?
Old 03-13-2013, 05:50 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
article
The article quotes Swedish Expressen - that is not an official confirmation.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:18 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post
Well, Queen Margrethe, as a Head of State, has a higher precedence than Princess Madeleine, even in the Swedish Court.
but madeleine is a member of the royal house margrethe isn't and even if that were the case philippe,mathilde,frederik,and maxima were all in the front that day madeleine wasnt. You could argue by saying that they are all crown princes/esses but mathilde and maxima are only royal by marriage. I think that at family state events the members of the immediate family should always be seated in the front row, followed by people of the extended family in the second row, visitng royals should be seated in a separate area.

Anyway i will stop commenting about this because this thread isnt about seating plans at royal events. My condolences to the royal family im sure it is not easy to appear in public smiling and waving during such hard times
Old 03-13-2013, 06:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
but madeleine is a member of the royal house margrethe isn't and even if that were the case philippe,mathilde,frederik,and maxima were all in the front that day madeleine wasnt. You could argue by saying that they are all crown princes/esses but mathilde and maxima are only royal by marriage. I think that at family state events the members of the immediate family should always be seated in the front row, followed by people of the extended family in the second row, visitng royals should be seated in a separate area.

Anyway i will stop commenting about this because this thread isnt about seating plans at royal events. My condolences to the royal family im sure it is not easy to appear in public smiling and waving during such hard times
But Queen Margrethe is a member of the immediate family. She's King Carl Gustaf's first counsin, and a niece of the late Princess Lilian.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:27 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post
But Queen Margrethe is a member of the immediate family. She's King Carl Gustaf's first counsin, and a niece of the late Princess Lilian.
Take denmark for example , at frederiks wedding in 2004 the then princess alexandra and princess benedikte were seated in the front row because they are part of the danish royal house but queens sofia and beatrix were in the second row
skip to 6:27

Tags
death, funeral, princess lilian