Death and Funeral of Princess Lilian, Duchess of Halland: March 10 & 16, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is there any information about the state visit and/or Victoria's name day?
There is a video about Princess Lilian's life in SVT webpage, you can also hear her speak. She seemed like a very witty and charming lady.
Prinsessan Lilian har avlidit - Nyheter | SVT.se

Royal expert and the chief editor of the royal magazine "Kungliga magasinet", Roger Lundgren, said just on Aftonbladet Live-TV, that he doesn't believe that there will be any changes to the program of the state visit. The turkish state visit is extremely important for Sweden, it is one of the biggest state visits ever with a very big delegation and it was postponed last autumn because of the health problems of the president. So Lundgren says that the visit will be done as planned, but of course the royal family will wear dark clothes during the state visit. And that there will be a state funeral.

Statement from the Speaker of the Parliament (Riksdagen), Mr Per Westerberg:

It is with great sadness I have received the announcement that H.R.H. Princess Lilian has died. She was an appreciated member of the Royal House and took an active role in several events by the Parliament. As Speaker of the Parliament (Riksdagen) I wish to convey my deepest condolences to the Royal Family.

Talman Per Westerberg uttalar sig om prinsessan Lilians bortgång - riksdagen.se

Is there any information about the state visit and/or Victoria's name day?
There is a video about Princess Lilian's life in SVT webpage, you can also hear her speak. She seemed like a very witty and charming lady.
Prinsessan Lilian har avlidit - Nyheter | SVT.se

Also a lovely tribute:
Welsh-born Swedish Princess Lilian dead at 97 - Obituaries - Times Colonist

Thank you for that video link; the Princess did come across as very charming. Being an only child with her parents deceased, I can see how she close she must have felt to her adoptive Swedish family. It's too bad that because of their circumstances, she and Bertil had to marry so late in life and couldn't have children. But at least, as Bertil said, they had each other. What a beauty when younger, too, as well as into her advanced years.

Last edited:
She was a great and also very witty lady. I will never forget the one photo of her made during an official photoshoot for the royal homepage in which she points at the camera. It was uploaded once on the RF and it is hilarious. Does anybody still have a link?

Just found this picture on tumblr, I think it's lovely.

Attachments

• tumblr_mjglc5Szn61r6jme9o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_mjglc5Szn61r6jme9o1_500.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 2,257
According to Aftonbladet Victoria and Madeleine got the news that Lilian was close to death yesterday afternoon.
Bertil Ternert confirms to Aftonbladet, that Victoria and Madeleine arrived home yesterday afternoon from Switzerland: They came yesterday evening, they interrupted their trip and came home to Stockholm and visited Lilian. The whole royal family was with princess Lilian when she died.
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article16392327.ab

May she rest in peace.
I think, it is the best for her, being reliefed after this horrible illness. Now she is united again with Prince Bertil.
BYe Bine

According to Expressen the bells are tolled in the churches of central Stockholm tomorrow between 8.00-8.10.

My condolences to the Royal Family.

Rest in peace Prince Lillian and best wishes to the entire family.

God Bless Her! She was a wonderful and extraordinay woman!

Her story with Bertil was so inspiring. A true love story, with no doubt.

May she rest in peace

Rest In Peace H.R.H Princess Lilian The Duchess of Halland. Very sad to hear about this. Hopefully she is reunited with her love Prince Bertil now. Their love story touched the whole country.

As she was an H.R.H there will likely be a traditional ceremonial funeral arrangement with the casket on lit the parade in the royal palace church and a funeral service attended by representatives from royal house's, the government, ambassadors and the "official sweden".

Princess Lillian

A lovely great Aunt to the family, a real lady who was loved by the family. She was stunningly beautiful as a young woman. I am sure the family will miss her. May she rest in peace. Gone but never forgotten. 30 August 1915 - 10 March 2013.
Prss Lilian Craig of Sweden m Bertil.jpg

May she rest in peace, after a long illness and age is all we can pray for.
My condolences to the family.

Very sad to hear of her passing away, she was always so happy, witty and regal. She will be greatly missed :swedenflag: :walesflag:

A lovely great Aunt to the family, a real lady who was loved by the family. She was stunningly beautiful as a young woman. I am sure the family will miss her. May she rest in peace. Gone but never forgotten. 30 August 1915 - 10 March 2013.

What a beautiful picture. She was so nice through her whole life.

I'm so sad to hear this news, but it was expected, she was ill from some time now, and her age didn't help either!

The Swedish royals had many great and kind-hearted members (my favourite swedish royal member of the past is Crown Princess Margareta), Princess Lilian is one of them and her true story is admirable.

I wonder if they will release tomorow the funeral's date, and I wonder about Victoria's name day, will it be canceled?

I'm sad to hear that princess Lilian has passed away, she have always been one of my favourites in the SRF. She always looked very elegant, she dressed well in a style that was perfect for her, and she looked very regal at official events such as the Nobel Prize ceremony. She also seemed to be a very funny person, and also a person who was able to make true and trustworthy friends, to have been a "known secret" in Stockholm for almost 30 years is a feat in itself. When finally becoming a princess she was actively helping her husband and the SRF in their duties, and remained active for a long time. It's a pity that her health declined in the later years and that she wasn't able to be out in public for the last six years or so.

So sad to hear of her passing. I admired her and Bertil too.

Back
Top Bottom