The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-16-2013, 02:23 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I didn't know Sofia sat right behind the royal family.

I thought it was a nice service.
I didn't realize she was there. As they did not show her walking in. They put her in the family section? That was a nice gesture.

Old 03-16-2013, 02:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post
Do we have a list at all of who was represented by each country -the countries that were asked to be represented?
Here is the list of the guests who attended at the funeral
http://www.kungahuset.se/download/18...+mars+2013.pdf

Old 03-16-2013, 02:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Was the coronet/crown that was placed on her coffin for her duchy? Or was this something that Sweden does for all royals?
That was Princess Eugenie's crown. The crown is made ​​in 1860 in Stockholm by Edward Emanuel after the model of Princess Hedvig Elisabet Charlotta crown from 1778.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post

Here is the list of the guests who attended at the funeral
http://www.kungahuset.se/download/18...+mars+2013.pdf
Thank you. Sofia's name is at the end of this list... Any reason why?
Old 03-16-2013, 02:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Thank you. Sofia's name is at the end of this list... Any reason why?
Here is the english translation of the guest list, so you can see how the people are listed
Google-kääntäjä
Old 03-16-2013, 02:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Lilian has been ill for quite some time and also 97 years old so that this day would come must have been anticipated for a long time. A blessing for the royal family that they now have time for a mourning period before celebrating the wedding of Princess Madeleine and Chris.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

From the guest list:
Designer Yuki Torimaru was invited with his partner. He has designed a lot of dresses for queen Silvia and this fabulous dress for princess Lilian, she wore it at the Millenium party.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Also Mr Pelle Johansson from Lilian's and Bertil's favourite restaurant, Wärdshuset Ulla Winbladh, was invited. Lilian and Bertil had a regular table, number 55. And after Bertil' death, Lilian still held it has her favourite restaurant.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:54 PM
Courtier

No offence absolutely, either to the person, or the tradition.
But somehow I will never approve a Queen Regnant curtseying someone, alive or past.
I noticed the same thing when QM II curtseyed at her father's grave along with her sisters..
It just takes out the majesty or mystique or whatever.
You can always slightly bow, just as QEII did for Diana, but curtseying is too much, just my opinion..
Old 03-16-2013, 03:21 PM
Commoner

Are there any pictures of the king and queen holding hands?
Old 03-16-2013, 03:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

SVT showed a 20-minute memorial program this evening, here it is. It is a great program, the princess speaks english so almost everyone can understand the most part of it.
H.K.H. Prinsessan Lilian | SVT Play
Old 03-16-2013, 03:33 PM
Nobility

This was one of the nicest and most emotional funeral services iv've ever seen. When Karl-Magnus Fredriksson sang Bred Dina Vida Vingar (spread your wide wings) and when the bagpipe played "Auld Lange Syne" it was impossible to not cry.

However i don't like that the media showed close pictures of Silvias and Victorias faces when they cried. I also did not like that the media followed the cortege out to the burial grounds. It's okay that they televised the funeral service but the moment when the coffin is lowered in earth should be a private moment for the royal family !
Old 03-16-2013, 03:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
This was one of the nicest and most emotional funeral services iv've ever seen. When Karl-Magnus Fredriksson sang Bred Dina Vida Vingar (spread your wide wings) and when the bagpipe played "Auld Lange Syne" it was impossible to not cry.

However i don't like that the media showed close pictures of Silvias and Victorias faces when they cried. I also did not like that the media followed the cortege out to the burial grounds. It's okay that they televised the funeral service but the moment when the coffin is lowered in earth should be a private moment for the royal family !
I have to agree with you here! The burial ceremony is for sure a private event! Shame on the media for taking advantage of those moments.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:51 PM
Serene Highness

Such funeral sadness I have not seen. I went to a funeral a week ago, and we were all sad for the widow, but there was joy and even laughter because of faith in eternity. I guess they were sad that Princess Lillian never had a family other than theirs? It is so good that they stood by her in her old age when she finally got the title she deserved.
They owed her a lot and they felt it--good that they did this.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Was the coronet/crown that was placed on her coffin for her duchy? Or was this something that Sweden does for all royals?
Princess Lilian was an HRH and princess of Sweden, that's why a crown made for a Swedish princess was placed on her coffin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel View Post
I guess they were sad that Princess Lillian never had a family other than theirs?
I would say their sadness was because they were mourning their loss of a beloved aunt, grand-aunt, and especially for the children of the king and of princess Christina, someone who had been as a paternal/maternal grandmother, as princess Sibylla had died before they were born.

The only cousin of the royal children besides the Magnussons' attending the funeral was Hélène Silfverschiöld, who had been the maiden of honor at princess Lilian's wedding, if I remember correctly she also was one of Lilian's godchildren.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

A video from the cemetery, you can see the royal family giving their last farewells. It was TV4 which was said filming there and giving it to Aftonbladet.
Här tar kungafamiljen ett sista farväl | Inrikes | Nyheter | Webbtv | Aftonbladet
Old 03-16-2013, 04:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel View Post
Such funeral sadness I have not seen. I went to a funeral a week ago, and we were all sad for the widow, but there was joy and even laughter because of faith in eternity. I guess they were sad that Princess Lillian never had a family other than theirs? It is so good that they stood by her in her old age when she finally got the title she deserved.
They owed her a lot and they felt it--good that they did this.
Thank you all for posting the proper link so that I will be able to watch it, the first link I found by myself wouldn't work out of Sweden.
Maybe the great sadness comes with Lillian being the last of that generation to go; the weight of "moving up a rung" in responsibility is hard to bear.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda View Post
Shouldn't it be: Shame on the royal family who gave the media access to the burial ceremony?
The media wasn't at the cemetary, they were filming from a distance.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The media wasn't at the cemetary, they were filming from a distance.
Yes, I realized that, that's why I deleted my post. But you were faster.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Info about those buried to the Royal cemetery
Kungliga begravningsplatsen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tags
death, funeral, princess lilian